Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Checkmate 2100 BR New engine setup?

HELP! I need advise. Last season, sadly after running a heavily modded 2000 Mercury 225 EFI on a 2100 BR FOR 9 years I melted a couple of pistons and badly ate my Block. My marine Mechanic is saying go for a used stock 2015 250hp Optimax pro XS with less than 200 hours that he knows. I will ask for a leak down and hour log if I drop the cash on that gamble. My question to everyone is what is the better setup? Results wise I was consistently getting 82 Mph Turning a turbo TXP OT 4 29 p with 15” of setback and my Titus coned fleetmaster with fat shaft mod (that was modded a couple of years ago for 2000$ after the shaft let go at 75 mph!). My motor has a 300 X ECU,Billet Simon heads (not sure how many cc’s) ,Poppet diverter, Simon lightened and balanced flywheel, and cut down exhaust can. So maybe 260 -270 hp?
    When I bought the boat the guy was claiming 89mph on GPS Running a Labbed trophy plus 27p ..... only thing was it was on a river downstream .... still pretty good numbers with a Labbed Trophy plus 27p. Sadly I lost that prop when I sheared my shaft. More realistically on a lake it would run around 85 maybe 86 mph with that prop before I lost it. The current setup is running premix premium gas which I’m finding a bit of a nuisance and the wife and I are getting pretty tired of the noise from the cut can when just cruising. Don’t get me wrong I love to go fast but my mechanic is saying to expect 82 mph with the stock engine with better fuel economy and rock solid reliability. I do like that and am not prepared nor do I have the technical expertise to tinker with this. It is good to know your limits. However if I’m not happ am open to having it professionally tweaked.

I don’t like to go backwards as far as performance is concerned and LOVE how much this motor accelerates with that lightened flywheel from 30 to say 60 mph it REALLY puts you back in the seat and is a lot of fun hopping out of waves.
    Any hands on advise with the 2100 BR or closed bow would be GREATLY appreciated. I want to make the right choice here. If WILDMAN is out there I would love to hear his comments as I know he’s the best when it comes to setting these boats up. I AM PARTICULARILY INTERESTED IN WHICH LU everyone feels will be better for my app. I feel that Fleetmaster is a pretty special unit and wonder which is better for bow lift for my bow rider which I feel lacks that as all bow riders do. Also blowout tolerance? I have no experience with the TorqueMaster re top speeds and blowout tolerance but know I have no issues with my 3 hole Titus fleetmaster (1.75) I currently have. One thing my mechanic is saying is this will not have much in the way of resale value if I decide to sell and I agree. Other thing that is hard to argue is the tested reliability of a stock motor. Although 9 years of running is pretty good. Thoughts people? Your help/hands on expertise is ALWAYS appreciated. Also what is a realistic expectation speed wise for the 250 Pro XS and what can I do in the future if I want to tweak it? HELP!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 2100 br with a 300 vmax Yamaha best speed of 88 mph with 12" of setback, a Yamaha 29" t1 prop, and the propshaft fairly high like even with pad give or take. The 2100 br needs a LOT of bow lift from the prop. I tried a pile of props, including a tempest, hydromotive, and txp 3 blade, and nothing was as fast as the t1. The t1 has a ton of progressive rake, more than any prop I got to measure. I never tried a promax prop but they appear to have a radical progressive rake as well. I do think when set up right, 85 will be achievable for you, but I think you'll need a sportmaster running high to get there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found my numbers and the t1 has way more total rake than the promax. We're talking 35 vs 22 deg when measured from the root to the tip of the blade. I have no idea if this is the proper way to measure rake though. Both props are highly progressive (parabolic) rake which increases bow lift.