Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill Schwab,

Yes, Howie was my brother-in-law, we stay in touch after all these years.
    I really miss those days.
    Small world.

Thanks for your reply.

Along the Illinois Waterway a little south of Joliet Illinois
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Switzer Shooting Star

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    RM...The Switzer shooting Stars DID hold APBA and NOA kilo records.....but the boats used for those attempts were the wooden ones...not the glass hulls.... To my knowledge none of the glass flatbottomed SS's set any records to speak of.

There was a 13 foot version that was cute as a button with a merc 500 on it in E class.

T2x

Hey there T2x, I think the 13 foot version was a Switzer Playboy that ran the old FE class. That was a Holiday Hull with a Shooting Star deck. Just pulled one out of the mold that Captain Nabbers Boat Shop made from a 1967 Playboy(the 16'model) that I found in Iowa 2 years ago.
    Bob told me they never made a short version of the star but did make one for the Playboy because they had 3 different sizes (14 ,16 ,and 18) for the Holiday Hull. Tom Arambasich www.freewebs.com/switzercraftreunionregattas ...Tell Darren I said hi.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Records

The switzer shooting star set records in 1966 in the single engine marathon at lake winnebago my dad was the owner and Roger Hanson the driver both from Minnesota.
    "EVEN DUCT TAPE CANT FIX STUPID"
    20' STV, 17'Action, 16' Fantasy, 25' Checkmate Convincor w/twin 2.4 Offshore EFI's SOLD, Allison XR2001 Drag, Allison 15R, Allison 16R, Allison 2000SS Elite SOLD, Glastron Carlson Scimitar, Contender, Challenger, Glastron Carlson Corinthian & CT-15, Switzercraft 20SS SOLD, Switzercraft 20SC, 1966 Switzer Craft Shooting Star, Glastron GT160,
    13', 15 & 16 Lasers, Switzercraft 13'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-MULA-V View Post
    T2x I think the key word in your information is "young", I dont know how they did it.
    Kinda like I don't get how you FORK people over for good money and still sleep at night you A$$ bag you should have made it right Jerry, but instead you hide you POS Thanks for the BULL$HIT motor......... I will post on EVERYTHING YOU DO TILL YOU MAKE IT RIGHT
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old news

Did the motor you bought belong to me? No it did not, You asked if I knew of any 150 XS motors and I told you I knew some one that had one. Without physically taking the motor apart how would I know any more about it than you would? I made two trips down to your place to try to help you. I also did work on your boat that you refused to finish paying for because of the motor which was a separate deal. If you watch ebay and what just the XS cowling and covers go for and what the gear case goes for you could throw the power head away and still come out on what you paid for that motor. I am sorry I ever got in the middle of that deal.
    Jerry
    "EVEN DUCT TAPE CANT FIX STUPID"
    20' STV, 17'Action, 16' Fantasy, 25' Checkmate Convincor w/twin 2.4 Offshore EFI's SOLD, Allison XR2001 Drag, Allison 15R, Allison 16R, Allison 2000SS Elite SOLD, Glastron Carlson Scimitar, Contender, Challenger, Glastron Carlson Corinthian & CT-15, Switzercraft 20SS SOLD, Switzercraft 20SC, 1966 Switzer Craft Shooting Star, Glastron GT160,
    13', 15 & 16 Lasers, Switzercraft 13'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't twist words now, The motor came from YOU regardless of WHO you got it from YOU sold it to me stating it was a great running 1500xs IT WAS NOT AND YOU KNEW THAT So you took in a great running 115 in on trade charged me a BUNCH of money and looked me in the eyes and screwed me, others on here have called me and said your a POS as well so don't act all innocent, you COULD have made this right, but you figured I live 7 hours away ( which don't forget Jerry how many times I made that trip) The only money you did not recieve was $300.00 Why in the world would I pay ( after giving you $3500.00 AND a Pristine low hour original 115 merc inline) AND a 22 Drag prop that you drooled over. The money was for the 26 3 blade prop I got from you, and your right I DIDN"T PAY tell ya what come down I'd be happy to give you the money and a piece of my mind as well. You had every oppeetunity to do right, but you knew what you did...........and you still chose to fork me over
    If I were any closer this would be different. You'd be missing teeth by now.
    So say all the lies you want I will follow you around Scream and Fly and tell everyone what a piece of $hit you are

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone can do a search and see how nicely I tried to take care of this with JERRY SELLNER at first, till he decided to ignore it and hope it would go away...............

Annapolis, MD ragboat capital of the world
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks for bringing your off topic groan to a thread I was actually interested in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    Thanks for bringing your off topic groan to a thread I was actually interested in.
    Your welcome of the warning I give, or do you want to get screwed over If you did get screwed over and I posted this afterwords you'd bitch then..................................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    4-MULA-V abd specboatops, please contact me privately about this.

Greg

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pm sent

Chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea i know Specboatops, he is a BIG TIME STAND UP GUY! What he says is what took place.........

Skydog
    2011 DCB F26
    2017 300 XS DBR

Along the Illinois Waterway a little south of Joliet Illinois
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Wow...sorry to see all the hate and discontent amounst River Racers like us.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was the Switzer called that looks like it shares the same deck as the Star but has a V-pad bottom? I saw a picture of a red one around here someplace.

DB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe it is called Playboy. Old link on Scream and Fly of one for sale - http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...ad.php?t=68485

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast