Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chaz, looking at the rear axle set up, is that thing sort of back-halved? Guessing the Cobra Jets get the Turbo 400 also? Sounded like it stalled pretty high and I wonder what the rear gear is. Better step up the Whopper sales DMV.
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

2. Likes davemvegas liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That picture is not coming together as a 727. It looks to have a 727 pump. Long 2wd 727 tail, but the extra torque converter and i do not see pan bolts attaching the odd looking case. And the shell inside the broke alum is really out of place. I am like Paul Harvey. I will stay tuned for the rest of the story.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Davie I've built somewhere around 40 to 50 Powerglides. For anything else I would need you or John from Palm City Trans ( treasure coast converters ) help.

The neat thing about the 727 torqeflite is , when you google "exploded view" it shows you how they go together ....

And how they come apart .....

Now if I picked the "wrong exploded view" the first time, my humble apology.
    BTW .. shouldn't the servo bore face the band it's applying instead of straight up and down ...

Midlife .. the real fast ones use a Turbo-Glide . That's a Turbo -400 that uses second and high gear only .. 1.45 / 1.00 ...

5. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree...Powerglide is the go-to trans.
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The angle of the picture cleared it up nicely. 727 has some engineers involved in band application. A servo that pushes band together is 1 to 1. Push 100 lbs and that is what it applies. I think that piston pushing down on the long end of the 2 to 1 rocker arm. Makes the 100 lbs applied to long end. 200 lbs
    applied to the band. Keep in mind that is just my theory. I have been applying my theory to a 2011 Malibu 6t40 trans for almost a week now. I think tomorrow is going to be the final assembly to be a working transmission. The design changes to more gears and less parts created a simple valve body.
    6 forward gears with 1 clutch drum and a few clutch plates floating in case is basic trans design. The tech part is achieved with internal tcm, switches and 7 solenoids that can use same clutch packs in different pairs to lock planetary gears.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave, have you talked to Mike at tec? Idk if he plays with the Chrysler stuff but it's worth a call.
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    Dave, have you talked to Mike at tec? Idk if he plays with the Chrysler stuff but it's worth a call.
    I was wondering if he was still there. He built my 434 small block and my 615 big block. That was back in 2001/2002 old days. mike built and dynoed both motors. 434 made around 740 HP, 615 CI made 825 HP. That was big HP back then.

I thought it would be a slim chance that He was still building motors at TEC. I have the short block being built in Virgina. Lisa will put the heads on it when it gets here. Hopefully all goes smooth and i have motor back it car by the end of April.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemvegas View Post
    I was wondering if he was still there. He built my 434 small block and my 615 big block. That was back in 2001/2002 old days. mike built and dynoed both motors. 434 made around 740 HP, 615 CI made 825 HP. That was big HP back then.

I thought it would be a slim chance that He was still building motors at TEC. I have the short block being built in Virgina. Lisa will put the heads on it when it gets here. Hopefully all goes smooth and i have motor back it car by the end of April.
    He's still there, he does the machine work/balancing on the Camaro engine
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

11. Likes davemvegas liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemvegas View Post
    The angle of the picture cleared it up nicely. 727 has some engineers involved in band application. A servo that pushes band together is 1 to 1. Push 100 lbs and that is what it applies. I think that piston pushing down on the long end of the 2 to 1 rocker arm. Makes the 100 lbs applied to long end. 200 lbs
    applied to the band. Keep in mind that is just my theory. I have been applying my theory to a 2011 Malibu 6t40 trans for almost a week now. I think tomorrow is going to be the final assembly to be a working transmission. The design changes to more gears and less parts created a simple valve body.
    6 forward gears with 1 clutch drum and a few clutch plates floating in case is basic trans design. The tech part is achieved with internal tcm, switches and 7 solenoids that can use same clutch packs in different pairs to lock planetary gears.
    I never met an automatic that wasn't in two gears at once for a brief moment during the process of shifting gears. Probably what saves them is that line pressure takes a dive while servo bores fill and pistons begin to move. A high ratio rocker sounds good on paper for it's clamping ability, but it's also got to move twice as far to release. yes ?
    I know stock case glide's start doing funny stuff if you try to run them up around 200 psi ( strip the lining out of low band and weld high clutches together ) yet the Dedenbear box's I built I put a white ( FTI 300 psi ) spring in all those valve bodies.
    Could be some of the 727's issues have to do with guys trying to run them up to high when they already have mechanical advantage build into their subsystems. All i know is I've seen two of them explode at Moroso on basic 9.50 - 10 flat bracket cars. Dangerous lookin carnage ...
    Thanks for explaining how those new half a dozen (and more) speed slush box's work. Towards the end of my deal, I had a few bolt together converters that I was building my own stators for. Every time i went out to John's to get hub parts, he'd have some soccer-mom vans transmission laid out neatly on the table. Them things had (even ten years ago ) some weird looking parts in them that I had no idea what they did or what to call them , other than very frail looking.
    Glad to hear your gettin a motor together .. @ least the heads will be on right

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not say i am a expert 6t40 trans tech. I did mix and match some electrical switches and solenoids. It left shop today working as it should.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You always waz ahead of yur time ..

That *&*^%^$^&* thing had to belong the "Burger King" his-self for you to take that one on ....

Chaz = thinkin , Billy burn - rubber could rip that sun gear off that basket ..

and shear all three planetary pin's .. on the first "NOS neutral - drop" ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    The neat thing about the 727 torqeflite is , when you google "exploded view" it shows you how they go together ....

And how they come apart .....
    Its pretty much identical to the 47re behind my 12 valve cummins. I remember that diagram well from building mine. What that diagram doesn't show is the missing OD unit, wave springs in the trash can and all the expensive billet shafts, apply lever, accumulator, race vb, 5 disk billet converter, a bunch of extra clutches so it survives 1400lb-ft locked shifts 1-4th and 4wd
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think I see the problem ....
    They gotz the input shaft goin in from the wrong direction ..
    And it's held in place wiff snap rings ..

These ol glides have an iron pump , steel drum , iron planet carrier that the output shaft is anchored to , and rides in a bushing in both the rear of the case and that iron support. The input shaft goes all the back and pilots into the planet case as well.
    While they don't have four gears, they only take 19 horsepower to run compared to the 36 that a turbo 400 takes to spin.

Chaz = thinkin that they are so easy, even a dummy like me can build them

17. Thanks baja200merk thanked for this post
    Likes baja200merk liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a good night at the track. My car may be built for bracket racing. 1 pass was the last pass I made back in mid Feb. 10.46 was tonight at same track. Weather is a least 10 degrees warmer now.
    I changed couple things between these 2 slips. New block, Molnar 3.795 crank, Molnar rods, Diamond Pistons. Still running stock cam, heads, exhaust with factory cats. 93 oct. Swapped to Demon axles and driveshaft yesterday. Stayed with the 2.62 rear.
    It was hard to have 2.62 out of car and not put the 3.09 in that I bought already. I have not looked but I think I may have finished off my tires tonight. I do love the burn out box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.45..10.46.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	438480

https://www.facebook.com/dave.martin...HXViQPT6fc4vxA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has been on the hot side here since i have my motor up and running. Went to track twice and have not made a faster pass yet. I do feel it has a little power because it has ran then same et and mph now as it did back in the oct to feb great track temps.

I did earn a little cash racing a Cadillac CTS V. 40 mph roll. I agreed to keep my front bumper beside his quarter panel and he could take the jump. It is the loudest Caddy that i have had the displeasure of listing to. A CTS V Does have more race car then old guy features.

I tried to load a video. I dont know why i have so much trouble loading a video here. Other sights are easy to load one. I have asked Greg a couple times if i may have a setting wrong. I have realized he does not care if i can post a pic or video. I am moving on for now. I may try to post at another time.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast