Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wtf happend to common courtesy ?????????????

Guys Ive got to vent. Surely im not the only one who is disgusted with humanity these days. Heres the deal. Ive had a rash of bullschit buyers lately. Everything from my truck that I just sold to tires and now my wing plate for sale here.

This SF member (( WHOM I WONT SAY OUT OF RESPECT )) wants my wing plate advertised in parts for sale. After several PM's back and fourth he decides he wants it and asked me for my address to send funds. At that point I post the item sold and thanked Scream and fly. A week goes by and no funds show up so I politely PM the buyer and ask if the funds have been sent and that I had not received it in the mail yet. He answers and says he was called out of town for work and that it slipped his mind and that he would send funds the next day and gave a 100% apology. I replied no worries at all and I waited another week and still no funds so I sent another polite PM asking again if the funds had been sent. I get no reply at all. So I wait and check mail again next day and no funds so another PM was sent and no reply again. Finally the third PM was asking what his intentions are and I would appreciate a response and asked if this is some kind of joke. Still no reply and I see him posting daily here so I know hes not dead or in the hospital god forbid.

Its not about the 100 beans its the FU#KING POINT!!! I mean why would a fellow scream and fly member be such an azz hole and ignore me like an ostrich with his head in the ground pretending everything is ok.

Im just pissed off because this has happend so many times lately. Not just here but even with my truck sale. In december my 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab 5.7 Hemi with only 108 k miles cost me over $1200 in repairs and then in January the engine blows up. GREAT!!!! I still owed $4,300 on it and didn't have another $4,000 to replace the motor so I was forced to put it up for sale to pay off the loan. Then over the past two months I had 4 different buyers that said they were definitely going to buy it and put a motor in it and they would be at my house the next day at 2:30 or whatever time and then never show up. No phone call and no answer to text and calls asking if they are on the way or have changed their mind etc. No replies or text or calls etc. Just totally ignore me and stick their head in the ground like a stupid f$cking ostrich. So disrespectful and sickening that man kind treats others this way with absolutely zero regard for common courtesy. I just dont get it. These were calls from local buyers not internet scammers. I actually spoke with these people on the phone in length. It did finally sell and im grateful for that. If you dont want the part or tires or truck then have the decency and common courtesy to inform me that you have changed your mind and have no intention of buying. I would never do this to anyone and can not understand why some people have no respect for others. Even in this hi perf community I would have thought a little common courtesy would not be too much to ask. Again surely im not the only one who has had this happen. I see it all the time in boats for sale section or engines for sale and even props and other parts.

Ok im done ranting now.
    Rob Lankford

1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

Previous owned boats worth mentioning

1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear you Rob.....unfortunately it’s just the way things are now. While the internet has opened up a huge wealth of information and opportunity, it also allows people to say things that they would not do face to face. We’ve lost that. I’ve met you, and I’m pretty sure this s&f member wouldn’t ignore you to your face lol. Keyboard warriors run the world now. No consequences for lack of courtesy.

'95 STV "The Blue Goose"

3. Thanks Greg G thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that but from what I see all above could have been easily avoided .
    Only accept pay-pal and for the truck mistake # 1 , only buy cummins powered dodge

5. Likes Mugs914, Hot Shot Merc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSTINJ View Post
    truck mistake # 1 , only buy cummins powered dodge
    Lol I wasn’t going to go there......but,yeah

'95 STV "The Blue Goose"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, there is no common courtesy anymore. People are just thinking of themselves anymore. It,s gotten so bad that MICKEY MOUSE is mad at MINNIE MOUSE she,s f***ing GOOFY.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSTINJ View Post
    Sorry to hear that but from what I see all above could have been easily avoided .
    Only accept pay-pal and for the truck mistake # 1 , only buy cummins powered dodge
    Well this want to be buyer did ask if pay pal was ok and informed him I do not have an account set up and that a western union money order or casheirs check would be fine and he agreed and asked for my mailing address and then said he was sorry and would send the next day after the first week went by. My problem is that I take a man for his word. Thats how I do things.

Trust me I wish it was a diesel. Hard to accept paying over 23k in 5 years for a truck that I now have zero to show for. Now im trying to save 2k for another down payment on another truck. The problem here is im paying a buddy of mine over 150 each week to drive me around to my jobs and so thats just drawing this process out even more. One thing for sure is I am not selling my boat to dig myself out of this hole
    Rob Lankford

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy even keeps looking at my for sale add for the wing plate. Whats the point in looking at my add over and over again? You can look at the bottom of your add and see who all has looked at it. If you run your curser over that persons username it displays the last day and time he looked at that thread.
    Rob Lankford

10. Likes Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think "common courtesy" is hanging out with "common sense" in a very secure hard to find location.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Call him out on here - no one has time for BS.
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

13. Likes W2F a V-King liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably one of the best vents I agree totally I no longer list on craigslist I have a ton of stuff I need to get rid of and don't have the patience to deal with bs'ers period. I don't have pay pal and I ship the next day and still I get the rif-raf and for those I have dealt with in the past this was not the case.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel for you . its pay-pal or personal check only ( after it clears ) Oldest scam is money order or cashier check scam .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by specboatops View Post
    Call him out on here - no one has time for BS.
    I get your frustration too however I wont do that. Just because this happend doesn't mean he always will. Im not going to hang him out to dry like that. Im more frustrated that its not just this one time. Its been a pattern the last few years whenever I try to sell something. People have changed so much its sad. Im by no means an angel and im sure theres people who haven't been 100% satisfied with something iv'e sold or jobs I have done but damn a 30 second typed message or a 10 second text goes a long way in my book. Do unto others as you would want done to you is how I look at it.
    Rob Lankford

17. Likes OLEGATOR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's sucks and it's everywhere..have people call for appts rentals etc to look at stuff all the time...please I want I'll be right there..and no show..
    Bought a flywheel on here and told him exactly which one I wanted when I got it it was the wrong one (I figure no big deal stuff happens) when I get in touch with him all he does is complain about how much it cost to ship and that it might work...told him that the magnets were cracked and a chunk missing out of one and its for the wrong motor all he says how much it was to ship..then just ignored me..he gave me a price I paid him what he asked...I now have a paper weight.
    Iike someone said Common courtesy is being killed by not being face to face..but that should not be an excuse..
    LETS GO BRANDON.... LETS GO BRANDON

Sometimes I talk to myself...then we both just laugh and laugh

'84 Checkmate Convincor

19. Likes Hot Shot Merc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until someone puts money in my hand, whether deposit or payment, thru Paypal or other my stuff remains for sale. JUST SAYIN
    Speed cost money. How fast you wanna go?
    I have done so much with so little for so long, I can now do the impossible with nothing!

21. Likes Hot Shot Merc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it has allot to do with texting too, I guess its easy to send off a text and never follow up.. I call ads all the time and no answer but then 10 sec later get a text, we live in different times .. Dave

23. Likes KIRCHNER liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast