Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Joe, I actually had a Tundra. Mine was part of a mass recall for frame rust. Sounds strange but there was 20,000 tundras made with a bad batch of steal and the frames were rusting away in two years in many cases. Mine was a 2001 witch was the smaller generation before the new full size body style. My frame looked like swiss cheese in 2010. The dealership took the truck apart and replaced the frame for no money out of pocket. It was fine running other than that. Ive also heard lots of good about the newer ones. I have one issue though. The 2 wheel drives are very tall and are hard to reach in and out of the bed from the side witch I need to do all the time for work. Im 6'1 and its still hard to reach in and over the side. There are two tundras ive looked at and thats the only thing that may keep me from getting one. I dont need a big truck so a 4x2 is ideal. Hell i might even go with my first v6 truck too. Have to stay in my budget. Damn trucks are expensive these days
    Rob Lankford

1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

Previous owned boats worth mentioning

1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They are stupid expensive. I just re-did my old truck and am going to keep on running it until toyota releases the diesel tundra (they have it in several other countries).

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Make America Great Again"

Race a Chevrolet !

Pull it with a Ford !

I don't think your buyer is a bad guy . I think he wants his boat to steer but lacks the money to do so .
    Pay-pal is a bank . A huge *&%$^&& bank . They are like Google , they want to own everything . I have no doubt the reason he want's to use them is because
    when you do finally join you will see the Clinton era lending money practices they use to get people use to using them . To buy your parts , they clip you 3% as the seller right off the bat . They might offer him 10 - 25% off the cost of your parts and give him a year or two interest free to pay for them . Of course they hope the customer
    with (new found) great credit
    that spent over his head forgets about time and minimal payments , and then moves into a pay for life 25% fee .
    In the long run , you might have done him a favor.
    The short term , the reason he keeps checking your add is because he still wants your parts . He's saving up the money and hopes he gets his funds together before you post ... Sold thanks S+F

Of course , that's just my take on it ...

If you really want to sell your parts , open an account .
    Contact him and say , yes I accept Pay-pal ...

When I opened a Pay-pal account , I tied it to an account that I opened in my son and my name . it was one of those , that I put money in , he'd take money out.
    It wasn't meant for that , he thinks I closed it 15 years ago . I don't keep a lot of money in there now , just enough to buy shop supplies ( and a few toys ) online.
    And for when I ship parts out . So between the bank account and Pay-pal account I just check it once a month to see if they had to go from one to pay the other.
    I know I have a &*^%$ load of broken bolts to remove this week . First thing I did this morning was to point and click a bunch of cheap and expensive left hand drill bits , bit-extractor , straight wall extractors , high spiral extractors , etc . Took longer to write this ....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Toyota has 5 plants that assemble trucks in U.S. I have had decent amount of cars and motorcycles in in my lifetime, and the Japanese and German stuff has earned my vote. I have one Chevy, and one Cadillac in my current collection of junk but one is getting replaced with a bmw or audi and the other is becoming a Volkswagen. I am keeping my old Ford truck but that will be my only American branded vehicle besides the boats, corvette and motorhome.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear ya Chaz. Your probably wright. I dont have a prob if he does not have the money. I get it but saying he is sending and not showing then no response. I just would have appreciated being informed and not lied to and then ignored.
    Rob Lankford

1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

Previous owned boats worth mentioning

1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Merc View Post
    I did search for low mile 5.7 hemis and couldnt find any. The lowest mile hemi I found that would fit my year was 150,000 miles and the cheapest used complete motor I found was $2,300. No way I was going with anything more than 50,000. The low mile hemi's go fast.

And change it myself? lol I dont have the tools, lift,patience,etc.etc.etc
    Many on eBay too I would change mine it it went out but would swap in 6.1
    Last edited by eli; 02-26-2018 at 09:58 AM.

7. Likes Hot Shot Merc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Toyota has 5 plants that assemble trucks in U.S. I have had decent amount of cars and motorcycles in in my lifetime, and the Japanese and German stuff has earned my vote. I have one Chevy, and one Cadillac in my current collection of junk but one is getting replaced with a bmw or audi and the other is becoming a Volkswagen. I am keeping my old Ford truck but that will be my only American branded vehicle besides the boats, corvette and motorhome.

Joe
    Audi or Volkswagen may be ok if new or almost new. A 10 year old either one will have anything rubber under the hood cracked a leaking. From vacuum hoses to plastic nipples and tee's. They will break at slightest touch doing any kind of maintenance work.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I call a S Fla shop about a motor ad this morning.

Asked them price ang guy replied,"I don't know, you tell me. It's in the ad".
    Told him that's why I was calling because there is no price in ad.

Then asked to confirm it was 25".
    He said no, its 30" just like it says in ad!

Told him ad said 25".

Said must have been misprint ��
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

10. Likes Tom Foley liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a paint kit off eBay for my winter project. Ford Oxford White Code YZ. Have done this before in the past and was satisfied....(DuPont base/clear kit with all activators and hardeners)

Kit arrives....For Acura White Code NH578 .... So I call them and ask if they shipped me someone elses by mistake....the guy says the two colors are different...his hand over the phone now ( but I could still hear ) asks if the paint was mixed right, and just labeled wrong...guys answer in broken English ..."maybe"??

Guy comes back on phone and tells me to try it ??? and if it's to far off he will send me more paint? That I could keep the paint sent even if it was wrong...

meh...
    James H. W2F a V-King... Want 2 Fly a V-King

Dedicated Site for Hydrostreams >> http://hydrostreamforums.com/
    My Project 1979 V-King restore >> http://hydrostreamforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2761

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after talking to IDIOT three times about my 225 for sale I meet him and his "expert mechanic" buddy last week and take them for a ride. They go on and on about how well it runs and how clean it is. They want it but they want me to come down $400. I've had numerous calls so I politely say I'm going to wait until the calls stop coming in because it seems I have it priced right.

They agree to pay the ask and want the motor off the boat immediately. As in NOW. I call Wildman Randy and he's willing to pull it off the next day. I call the buyer back. Voicemail. I text. No response. Saturday morning around 8am I get a call back. They're ready to come get it. Can be here in 90 minutes. Only thing is they are $500 short. Obviously they think I have pulled the motor off the boat.

I tell them price is now set in granite. Take it or leave it. They are now getting ugly over the phone. Dickheads. Period. Point is it happens to all of us brother. Move on, you'll meet better people down the road.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Texting is like road rage you can say any b.s. your insulated in your dome or behind a keyboard! you can be a jerk and know body knows. think eye contact and handshake should return to this ciber-world!
    Last edited by KIRCHNER; 03-08-2018 at 09:57 PM.

14. Likes rock liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceF3 View Post
    So after talking to IDIOT three times about my 225 for sale I meet him and his "expert mechanic" buddy last week and take them for a ride. They go on and on about how well it runs and how clean it is. They want it but they want me to come down $400. I've had numerous calls so I politely say I'm going to wait until the calls stop coming in because it seems I have it priced right.....

.....I tell them price is now set in granite. Take it or leave it. They are now getting ugly over the phone. Dickheads. Period. Point is it happens to all of us brother. Move on, you'll meet better people down the road.
    One of the happiest text messages for me in about the last 5 years was 5 words to a douche canoe- “It sold above your offer.”
    Of course, I only got to send that text after receiving a bunch of generally dumb texts and ridiculous lowball offers from “interested parties”, followed by a sea trial and negotiations with the douche canoe repeatedly trying to chisel me down for about 2 weeks.

When I get tired of this boat, I think any CL/ classifieds listing will have a caveat- ZERO calls or texts returned without proof of funds. Send me a text message with you holding a wad of $100 bills to your ear like the hood rats do on the SnapGram and InstaTwit then I’ll get back to you promptly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Merc View Post
    Thanks Joe, I actually had a Tundra. Mine was part of a mass recall for frame rust. Sounds strange but there was 20,000 tundras made with a bad batch of steal and the frames were rusting away in two years in many cases. Mine was a 2001 witch was the smaller generation before the new full size body style. My frame looked like swiss cheese in 2010. The dealership took the truck apart and replaced the frame for no money out of pocket. It was fine running other than that. Ive also heard lots of good about the newer ones. I have one issue though. The 2 wheel drives are very tall and are hard to reach in and out of the bed from the side witch I need to do all the time for work. Im 6'1 and its still hard to reach in and over the side. There are two tundras ive looked at and thats the only thing that may keep me from getting one. I dont need a big truck so a 4x2 is ideal. Hell i might even go with my first v6 truck too. Have to stay in my budget. Damn trucks are expensive these days
    Man Rob , you do have some problems with vehicles !! My 2004 V -10 has 406,000 on it now doesn't even smoke !! Still rips when you hammer down lol ! See you at River Ranch .
    " The Fleet of Old Boats "

'73 -14' Orlando Clipper Skiff -Yamaha 25
    93- 18 ' Renegade Nomad Flats boat -Merc 150
    '94 - 21 ' Allison XB - 2003 -Merc 260
    '97 - 19 ' STV Euro - Merc - 260
    '99 Benninton 2375 TOONER - V-6- 2 liter 150 Mariner
    2001 Grady White 263 - Twin Yamaha 250 OX 66

17. Likes Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a real good time sell something on facebook marketplace. I recently sold a 48 F1 pickup, listed all the extra parts and put in the add no back fender and no title. Couldnt believe how many time i was asked if it had fenders or a title and then you will get someone to ask a bunch of questions then they mesage back i gotta ask my dad. Then after we sold it all the butthurt comments came in from the people that wouldnt commit to come and look at it.
    Last edited by 89Talon18; 03-13-2018 at 12:55 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3