Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    Ok OK just send the $60,000. your money is worth more than ours , so it's a BLOODY DEAL MATE.
    Right Cuda——- so you invented “WE” ———- and for the very first time in over two years “ WE “ have dialogue !
    Now to continue this line of conversation——— Exactly WHAT does my $60000 get me ? A not unreasonable request I would have thought !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Right Cuda——- so you invented “WE” ———- and for the very first time in over two years “ WE “ have dialogue !
    Now to continue this line of conversation——— Exactly WHAT does my $60000 get me ? A not unreasonable request I would have thought !
    Since your so excited to know cost's,availability,etc and sooooo eager to trash them and make such a huge stink about it why dont you call Pro Marine and or Matthew himself and explain to him why he is doing such a horrible job developing these engines and getting them ready for market at a price that the oh mighty legend Jackiewilson agrees with? I mean you act like you can do it better,sooner and at a much more affordable price. Do you troll NASA disscusion forums too slamming Space x for not being on mars yet? Arent you a retired racer? Are you planning on buying any of these motors or just bored and grumpy?
    Rob Lankford

1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

Previous owned boats worth mentioning

1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really got hold of the wrong end of the stick there Hot Shot. I have never had anything but admiration for the CALDWELL project ——— a single billet with replaceable sleeves——— 300 hp from 2*5 litres, how the hell could I not fail to be impressed.
    The Champ boat series in the USA ready and waiting to take all the engines Caldwell can produce for years to come.
    Then of course there’s the world F1 series that doesn’t have a viable engine to call on, so that markets wide open, so why on earth would I trash “ an engine manufacturer trying to fill that gap?
    Is it such a big deal to want to know the price of a product before you buy it?
    Cant ever recall buying anything in my life that I didn’t know what it was going to cost me !
    If a short block is simply that, with heads,, naked, what? Ok, I can live with that——- I’m not simple. But the statement “SEND ME $60000 AND ITS YOURS ———— I still would like to know, What’s mine?

The only thing you got right is Im retired! If I ever. Came across as high and mighty I most sincerely apologise, I am not, I Never was, and I never could be. I am simply an 86 year old fart who just asked a question?

4. Likes NICE PAIR, davemvegas, davidmercury liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    You really got hold of the wrong end of the stick there Hot Shot. I have never had anything but admiration for the CALDWELL project ——— a single billet with replaceable sleeves——— 300 hp from 2*5 litres, how the hell could I not fail to be impressed.
    The Champ boat series in the USA ready and waiting to take all the engines Caldwell can produce for years to come.
    Then of course there’s the world F1 series that doesn’t have a viable engine to call on, so that markets wide open, so why on earth would I trash “ an engine manufacturer trying to fill that gap?
    Is it such a big deal to want to know the price of a product before you buy it?
    Cant ever recall buying anything in my life that I didn’t know what it was going to cost me !
    If a short block is simply that, with heads,, naked, what? Ok, I can live with that——- I’m not simple. But the statement “SEND ME $60000 AND ITS YOURS ———— I still would like to know, What’s mine?

The only thing you got right is Im retired! If I ever. Came across as high and mighty I most sincerely apologise, I am not, I Never was, and I never could be. I am simply an 86 year old fart who just asked a question?
    Much respect Jackiewilson I made my post based on the many posts ive read you've made about when these motors coming to market and the price and by the way no apology necessary

I hope to make an 86 birthday in my future. Hats off Mr.Wilson
    Rob Lankford

1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

Previous owned boats worth mentioning

1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280

6. Likes upyours liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can the standard CR kit make 350HP on pump gas? Just asking for us lake boaters.

8. Likes RBT liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caldwell did manage to keep the racing word enthralled with the billet For damned near three years with zero information , just enough to tickle the raste buds.
    Its become quite famous aroundthe world———— answer to a promoters prayer——— answer to a sponsors prayer——— answer to Tunnel boat racing——— answer to F1 global racing. Or so it seemed.
    I really did try to find out more——- “we have a team of technicians ready to answer your questions”—— trying my best, using all my contacts in the USA, I never could find the contact number.
    That motor is without a doubt the coolest engine on the planet today , so every racer, in every shape or form of Powerboat racing would love to get his hands on one
    I am led to believe that R & D Has been intense and slow but progress amazing with figures of 400/450 HP from a billet block of two point five litres is in fact FECKIN mind blowing.
    OMC and Mercury hi- perf can’t live with you for looks, but you got a long way to go in public relations!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The caldwell engine is a work of art that address the short comings and limitations of the current 2.5 platform. As for its intended market??? The UIM granted the 2 stroke a grandfather clause in its rules around 2003 to allow it to compete until a viable green engine of equal or better performance became available. That has not happened yet. But I doubt the UIM would welcome another variant of the 2 stroke, as would USA champ. All forms of motor sport are going green. Mercury has even dropped complete 200xs engines, such is the small market.
    Popey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Growing up on the Niagara river they raced all inboard boats flats and Hydros

It was a really big event never thought boat racing would go away

But it has , the 50's thru 70's inboard's were in their prime

The outboards 70's 90's

Just stick a electric motor on it .

If your serious about price call Pro Marine this is not the place to answer your every question,

Cheers
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I’ve seen some junk out run Big money and too much power end up hurting. It’s not gonna be a drop 50k and do a victory lap but it’s a dam good place to start. The rules adjust quickly if they need to be it’s just gonna be weird adjusting rules for something with a black cowl

CRT gets two thumbs up from me but so does Tesla... I bought both of their t shirts it’s the only product i could afford
    Last edited by baja200merk; 02-25-2018 at 01:18 AM. Reason: fat fingers
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk View Post
    CRT gets two thumbs up from me but so does Tesla... I bought both of their t shirts it’s the only product i could afford
    Lots of basic , common sense in that right there ...

BTW , what color shirts did ya get .. ?

14. Likes NICE PAIR, baja200merk liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Lots of basic , common sense in that right there ...

BTW , what color shirts did ya get .. ?

share your interests and limitations!
    why ask me ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called promarine a while back in the Sept. i think for the higher hp motor 400-450 complete was in the 50-60 range but thats with all the sick stuff like there billet 15mid ect.. Pretty sure 30 will get you a 350hp+ motor if you use parts from your existing 2.5 like Mid section, gearcase, fuel rail,electronics ect... Im not 100% positive maybe some one else knows but will tony be able to make the curve on his boxes to use on there motors? im guessing he will be all over that? Shouldn't be to difficult to map. Guys were in the 30000 range when they were modding there 300x and 300xs motors to get more HP and lighter years ago. Yamahammers same thing if starting with a new motor. So to have this type of offering in the 350-400 hp range and sub 350lb dressed motor is great never mind the 450hp motor thats just a whole other level of awesome for the lucky guys with more money and sponsors ect..

My thought is for the rec market of racing like STV , Allison, Triad,Mirage, 22ft and under Cougars, ect ect the 350hp motor in a price range of 35 or less turn key if being frugal and do it your self quite a big is going to appeal to alot of savvy enthusiasts. Its 20-30 right now for a boat anchor of 505 lbs for less HP. 700lbs + for 400hp ROS. So twice the power to weight is going to appeal to alot of people for not alot more than what exists right now in the 400hp market of new offerings. Maybe im distorted in my thought posses about this but thats the way i see it anyway. On a budget maybe not for them but just {WANT} the best at any price well I think its going to be hard to argue that Caldwells motor isn't the best go fast option right now in outboards. i believe this motor will actually make some boats faster for less? Whats a 600hp merc racing inboard cost to rig on a Tuff24 for instance or 21 for that matter? Pretty sure a 400hp 340lb 10000 rpm motor is going to be faster than a 600 hp inboard on the same smaller hull? 22ft Talon light layup with a single 450hp Caldwell outboard should go how fast top speed? Hmmm haha

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crt

Quote Originally Posted by RBT View Post
    it really needs to be put in the hands of a few independents to run before it gets ruled out. I find it interesting that everyone (some) are scared of them in racing. It might needs its own weight, it might not until it’s tried we won’t know. It is a monumental effort to get it this far, kudos! But let’s see them run before any rash decisions are made.
    Why wouldn't they have just put one in Pro Drag over the last three years? Its always been allowed in that class. If its the game changer its seems to be, I would think that would of been the logical choice. Nobody scared there I can assure you.

18. Likes mach351, 1BadAction, Markus, upyours liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mach351 View Post
    I get what you’re saying Rob, but with what you’re saying, who would want a $30-50k powerhead, only to be slapped with a big weight penalty so that a 20 year old blown up drag motor can stay competitive with them. There’s really no easy solution. You can’t please all the people all the time.

Again, Kudos to them for an incredible project. The scope of it is truly massive, and it’s happening.
    Yeah who would want to spend all that money to only be penalized by weight..................should have asked myself that question a year ago lol. Where were you when I needed you Randy..........Hey maybe we can talk to the rules committee about getting........never mind not really sure where that meeting takes place at.

20. Likes 1BadAction liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI Ray I was looking forward to the 25lbs......but I’m just a punk kid with no say, so......

'95 STV "The Blue Goose"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast