Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviving Bridgeport Carb Motor

I am bringing a BP carb motor back to life. It has been in storage for 20 or so years. Having a couple hole sleeved at the moment and was interested in getting some other things lined up.

It has WH-20 carbs, what is the part number/mfg of a 'kit' to go thru them? They have not had fuel in them in 20+ years.

What jets would be appropriate for a roughly 800# hull (1992 Centurion Barefoot Warrior Comp) that will see some light (25%) recreational use (skiing/boarding, etc) but mostly buzzing around the lake.

What is an appropriate fuel pump/regulator combo?

Thanks!

2. Likes roadkill636 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as far as the fuel pump pressure, I run mine around 4psi's I believe. Its been a year since i looked. the key factor to the fuel pressure, more is better but with floats you will find your getting fuel trickling out of the throttle bodies so that means your needle and seats aren't perfect anymore and/or you have too much fuel pressure. I like the fuel pump with carbs because that tells you if you need to inspect your float system if you have throttle body spillage. wouldn't wanna melt a piston. you could be spraying fuel out of the carbs at 8psi's or it could hold it in. sometimes fuel trickles out at 2.5psi's. I use the holley red for marine use. I want it legal incase i ever get pulled over. no need for holley blue or black, your carbs cant handle that amount of pressure anyway. As far as regulator, I believe i use a Mr gasket, its all chrome and has a dial. Then you put a little gauge after it so you know what your doing. I converted to an electronic readout so i can monitor while i am driving.
    Most of the WH carbs are the same kit and sometimes you will use only a few of the gaskets because some of the kits are more universal. Sierra 18-7005 Carb Kit
    If I don't ask any questions, I'll never learn anything.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Krazymaan.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran my bridgeports at 5.5 psi on that same mr. Gasket regulator w/out blowing the needle seats off. But i always liked the wh 46 w/baffles, i used the carter 8 psi marine pump. In fact i still have that pump and regulator on a shelf