Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Exclamation 2018 River Ranch Photo Shoot!

River Ranch 2018 Photo Shoot
    River Ranch Event - April 19-23

As many of you know, every year I arrange a photo shoot for anybody attending that would like photos of their boat, both posted here and in print. This year's photo shoot will take place on Friday and Saturday morning, in the same location as always, which is the river outside the launch ramp.

Jeff from Freeze Frame Video will have his 21 Superboat docked behind the restaurant/launch ramp all weekend, and that is the boat we will use. He will be offering prints right on-site for anybody that wants them, and the images will also be posted here on Scream And Fly as usual.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-shoot-locations-river-ranch-modified.jpg 
Views:	708 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	403664

Photo Shoot Schedule:
    Friday: 10:00 AM, the photo boat will be located to the right of the river entrance outside the launch ramp canal.
    Saturday: 9:00AM, the photo boat will be located to the left of the river entrance outside the launch ramp canal.

For safety and organization, please observe the following guidelines:

• All boats should start at one side, and make a pass, then wait at the other end for everybody to finish their passes. Once everybody is finished, the entire group will return together at the start, if anybody would like another pass.This avoids boats going back and forth in the narrow river. Also, this is important: You do not need to go full throttle when making a pass for a photo . In a photo, most of the time you cannot tell the difference between 80 mph and 120 mph. It looks the exactly same, so please be safe. It's not a contest

• If anybody is operating their boat in an unsafe manner, no photo is taken. Please do not over-trim your boat or do anything that is considered unsafe. You all know that all of your boats look amazing without having to add any risky shenanigans . I absolutely cannot endorse that kind of driving. It only increases the potential for accidents, and we've all seen the unfortunate results of that. Please be safe.

• I would ask that all participants wear at least a vest for safety. If you're in a very fast boat such an an Allison, STV, etc., a helmet and Lifeline vest would really be suggested. And, it looks cool in a photo too.

Link: Highlights from the photo shoot at the 2016 River Ranch

Thanks all and let's have fun!
    Greg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo-shoot-locations-river-ranch.jpg   DSC_3191.jpg   DSC_3174.jpg   DSC_3168.jpg   DSC_3153.jpg  

DSC_3146.jpg   DSC_3140.jpg   DSC_3081.jpg   DSC_3089.jpg   DSC_3099.jpg  

DSC_3111.jpg   DSC_3112.jpg   DSC_3072.jpg   DSC_2979.jpg   DSC_2971.jpg  

DSC_2966.jpg   DSC_2944.jpg   DSC_2925.jpg   DSC_2923.jpg   DSC_2883.jpg  

DSC_2879.jpg   DSC_2843.jpg   DSC_2719.jpg   DSC_2726.jpg   DSC_2730.jpg  

DSC_2737.jpg   DSC_2806.jpg   DSC_2680.jpg   DSC_2657.jpg   DSC_2646.jpg  

DSC_2638.jpg   DSC_2622.jpg  

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    River Ranch 2018 Photo Shoot
    River Ranch Event - April 19-23

As many of you know, every year I arrange a photo shoot for anybody attending that would like photos of their boat, both posted here and in print. This year's photo shoot will take place on Friday and Saturday morning, in the same location as always, which is the river outside the launch ramp.

Jeff from Freeze Frame Video will have his 21 Superboat docked behind the restaurant/launch ramp all weekend, and that is the boat we will use. He will be offering prints right on-site for anybody that wants them, and the images will also be posted here on Scream And Fly as usual.

Photo Shoot Schedule:
    Friday: 10:00 AM, the photo boat will be located to the right of the river entrance outside the launch ramp canal.
    Saturday: 9:00AM, the photo boat will be located to the left of the river entrance outside the launch ramp canal.

For safety and organization, please observe the following guidelines:

• All boats should start at one side, and make a pass, then wait at the other end for everybody to finish their passes. Once everybody is finished, the entire group will return together at the start, if anybody would like another pass.This avoids boats going back and forth in the narrow river. Also, this is important: You do not need to go full throttle when making a pass for a photo . In a photo, most of the time you cannot tell the difference between 80 mph and 120 mph. It looks the same, so please be safe. It's not a contest

• If anybody is operating their boat in an unsafe manner, no photo is taken. Please do not over-trim your boat or do anything that is considered unsafe. You all know that all of your boats look amazing without having to add any risky shenanigans . I absolutely cannot endorse that kind of driving. It only increases the potential for accidents, and we've all seen the unfortunate results of that. Please be safe.

• I would ask that all participants wear at least a vest for safety. If you're in a very fast boat such an an Allison, STV, etc., a helmet would really be suggested. And, it looks cool in a photo too.

Link: Highlights from the photo shoot at the 2016 River Ranch

Thanks all and let's have fun!
    Greg

A few points to remember . DO NOT fly by past the entrance canal to RIVER RANCH under any circumstances . There will be boats coming in and out all day and this presents a major safety issue . Greg , please make note of this and alter your plan please ! There is little to no traffic South or to the right going out of River Ranch . The area marked off in this thread was the site of a fatality last year . This is not a race and this is not a shoot to see how fast you think you are . There have been enough problems with safety in the past here due to reckless operation and this is a teaser for that . Please be careful .
    Last edited by Tom Foley; 02-17-2018 at 03:56 AM.
    " The Fleet of Old Boats "

'73 -14' Orlando Clipper Skiff -Yamaha 25
    93- 18 ' Renegade Nomad Flats boat -Merc 150
    '94 - 21 ' Allison XB - 2003 -Merc 260
    '97 - 19 ' STV Euro - Merc - 260
    '99 Benninton 2375 TOONER - V-6- 2 liter 150 Mariner
    2001 Grady White 263 - Twin Yamaha 250 OX 66

3. Thanks Scream And Fly thanked for this post
    Likes Frank Molé, John Hice liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tom, I actually try to arrange it so that does not happen, but I will definitely make extra sure that is avoided. I added that to the diagram. I’ll also space the locations apart more and make sure everybody is aware of that. I always make very clear that I won't shoot photos of anybody operating in an unsafe manner, as well as any top-speed contests.

Not sure I agree that a photo shoot is anymore of a 'teaser' for accidents (no accidents or any incidents had ever occurred during any photo shoots I've done in the last 10 years) than any other activity there but I respect that view and will do all I can to keep it safe. People are almost always very safe there, especially since I ask that they run one at a time, which by default, would eliminate any option for racing or speed contests.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-shoot-locations-river-ranch-modified.jpg 
Views:	690 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	403666

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lets do it see you there jeff
    Freeze Frame Video Channel Click For videos Uploaded Every day
    http://www.youtube.com/user/freezeframevideo

www.freezeframevideo.net Home Of all your Offshore Photos And Dvd Needs Freeze Frame Video Cape Coral,Fl 239NEW! Sign up now for the Freeze Frame Newsletter! You will receive the most up-to-date race schedules, race information, race results, and monthly specials. http://visitor.constantcontact.com/e...=1102417507899

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be there this year but my go fast is down . I will be showing up with my little revived Key West to enjoy everybody's boats and hangout. Even tho im not going fast this time I would love to have pics taken of my little cc boat since I put so much work into her and buy prints .Would this be possible ? Thank you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    see you soon next week jeff

www.freezeframevideo.net Home Of all your Offshore Photos And Dvd Needs Freeze Frame Video Cape Coral,Fl 239NEW! Sign up now for the Freeze Frame Newsletter! You will receive the most up-to-date race schedules, race information, race results, and monthly specials. http://visitor.constantcontact.com/e...=1102417507899

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catrunner View Post
    I will be there this year but my go fast is down . I will be showing up with my little revived Key West to enjoy everybody's boats and hangout. Even tho im not going fast this time I would love to have pics taken of my little cc boat since I put so much work into her and buy prints .Would this be possible ? Thank you
    i will find you and will take care of it for you jeff

9. Likes Scream And Fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    counting down the days!!! can't wait....

11. Likes Scream And Fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our way soon getting rv and superboat ready to roll see you there jeff

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    21 superboat in water ready to go for tommorow jeff

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    See you tomorrow morning. Anybody that wants to be part of the shoot, please try to gather at the ramp by no later than 9:00AM. It would be best, if possible, to have a small, quick meeting at the restaurant there before we head out. Anybody that comes out and makes a pass gets a photo taken. But please be safe, and don't do anything reckless.

Greg

15. Likes Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all photos from today are posted at www.123freeze.com or www.freezeframevideo.net river ranch

17. Likes Scream And Fly, Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

19. Likes Scream And Fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks again to @Freeze Frame Video Jeff for using his Superboat for a photo boat. I also want to thank everybody for their support and once again making the photo shoot a really fun and safe event. I'll be home later on to begin adding photos.

Greg

21. Likes Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no problem at all greg see you later this week its always a blast jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    Thanks again to @Freeze Frame Video Jeff for using his Superboat for a photo boat. I also want to thank everybody for their support and once again making the photo shoot a really fun and safe event. I'll be home later on to begin adding photos.

Greg

23. Likes Scream And Fly liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast