It's long overdue, and was delayed numerous times while I kept increasing the scope of this feature article during my research. This series will be in two parts - the first part focuses on the history and development of the E-TEC, and just now published on the home page.

During the course of this undertaking, I realized very early on that effectively explaining the E-TEC would require me to increase my own understanding of that engine. I also realized that I knew much less about the E-TEC than I thought I did. I wanted to really get to the points that make the E-TEC what it is, and go beyond what was told in videos and brochures.

I am most grateful for the time and effort that Karl Sandstrom and Bill Grannis devoted to assisting me with this feature article. Additionally, my appreciation for BRP/Evinrude for taking part in their press events over the years.

I hope you all enjoy it; I really think any outboard enthusiast will find it both interesting and entertaining.

Article Link: Part 1: The Genesis of the Evinrude E-TEC - Beginnings, Development, and Success

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scream_And_Fly-049.jpg 
Views:	427 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	399233

Name:	dual-engine-test-boat.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	399234

Name:	karl-stv-250HO-2.jpg