Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by racervboat View Post
    But if the stud is seized in the adapter plate you still screwed ?
    In that case use heat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its easy to say walk away from a salt motor, but when 99.9% of motors here are used in salt water its a bit different.
    we dont have lakes with zero speed limits apart from small lakes. what in the usa is called a lake we call a sea here ha ha
    its only 19 miles across the sea from England to franc.
    our rivers and lakes have all got stupid speed limits on them of between 4 and 7 mph, yes 7mph so you see anything of any decent size gets used on the sea.
    some of use break the law on the rivers and run fast, but if we get caught then we suffer,
    so any motor you buy used here will at some time been in the sea, how good the owner flushed it is the problem.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillnjack View Post
    its easy to say walk away from a salt motor, but when 99.9% of motors here are used in salt water its a bit different.
    we dont have lakes with zero speed limits apart from small lakes. what in the usa is called a lake we call a sea here ha ha
    its only 19 miles across the sea from England to franc.
    our rivers and lakes have all got stupid speed limits on them of between 4 and 7 mph, yes 7mph so you see anything of any decent size gets used on the sea.
    some of use break the law on the rivers and run fast, but if we get caught then we suffer,
    so any motor you buy used here will at some time been in the sea, how good the owner flushed it is the problem.
    Very true about the motors. We struggle to get a good clean engine. But in Scotland we dont have the speed limits.
    For the amount of boats we have its not worthwhile putting limits up. We have an abundance open water we even pump our water over the border to England.
    Back to the motor situation, i struggle to get parts here. Anything for sale is normally in England and half the time people are not willing to ship the parts.

I love my Bikini

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yes you do have speed limits, when the round britian race is on we have to slow down through the rivers and a couple of locks.
    maybe where you live its no limit, but most of the uk now has speed limits on the rivers and lakes.
    look what they done to the lake ditrct, totally ruined that, no more water ski at Windermere or coniston 10mph max and less if you create wash ???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phill I understand that the lake district has it speeds limits as does the whole of England. What round Britain race are you on about ??
    The only loch i know which has a speed limit on it is Loch Lomond which is 7mph no wake then 56mph for the rest of it. For you to have been on a loch with a speed limit on it was rather unlucky as and i quote "It has been estimated that there are at least 31,460freshwater lochs (including lochans) in Scotland
    So say 50% are lochans that still leaves 15,730 so if you were on one thats a 15,730 / 1 chance.
    I tell you buddy bring your boat up here we have stunning locations and decent by laws.

I love my Bikini

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2