Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flabum1017 View Post
    If you are running the iridium spark plugs, leave them at .031 as per the service bulletin Venomous posted. I work at 1st Performance, right next door to Lauderdale Marina.

Let's see if I can help you before you get me a 12 pack ;-). I mostly work on diesels and gas inboards and I/O's here, but have some experience in the Opti's. Give me a pre-2000 Lemmonrude and I'll fix it in a heartbeat.

Since that motor is new to you, it could be anything from a clogged filter, too much fuel pressure, injector not in specs, tps, map. ....... pretty much anything. My buddy had the same issue, turned out to be a coil..... it actually ran pretty smooth on 5 cylinders.............
    Hey bud we missed eachother the other day. Will you be around this saturday? The weather is going to be nice saturday so im planning to splash the boat saturday

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxboy1 View Post
    Hey bud we missed eachother the other day. Will you be around this saturday? The weather is going to be nice saturday so im planning to splash the boat saturday
    Left you a message at the number you gave,,,,, but yeah, sometime in the morning is good.......... pick a time and stop by (let me know what time LOL)
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Left you a message at the number you gave,,,,, but yeah, sometime in the morning is good.......... pick a time and stop by (let me know what time LOL)

if it was a voice mail i never check them, i don't even think my voice mail is set up lol. PM me your number and i shoot you a text tomorrow evening with a time, we are planning to launch at 10, and going to run the ditch down to haul over

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunatly i have not had time to do anything with the boat. Im posting a video os what the motor does on cold starts or when it has been sitting for about an hour or more.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9zSeC9D1LCc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the sound of it. I think it may have been used to much when it was new.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd run an injector self test on it, specifically the air. It's easy to tell aubilby which one(s) do not belong. Look at your harnesses carefully too, especially the fuse holders.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do i do that. It runs fine n smooth once it warms up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update!! I fixed the starting issue, torn fuel regulator diaphram and there was a pin hole in the air diaphram

10. Likes davemvegas liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for the low wot rpms. Should i try messing with the engine mount height? Motor sits on a 30inch bracket off the transom, i layed a straight edge o the keel and with the anti vent plate on the motor level with the keel the straight edge sits about 3inches below the plate... i know the rule of thumb is 1inch per 1foot off the transom but my boat has a very deep V in back so im wondering if i should be higher? The prop dosent blow out unless i trim well past normal running height.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxboy1 View Post
    As for the low wot rpms. Should i try messing with the engine mount height? Motor sits on a 30inch bracket off the transom, i layed a straight edge o the keel and with the anti vent plate on the motor level with the keel the straight edge sits about 3inches below the plate... i know the rule of thumb is 1inch per 1foot off the transom but my boat has a very deep V in back so im wondering if i should be higher? The prop dosent blow out unless i trim well past normal running height.

gotta look at it while running WOT and trimmed. ..... cav plate should be a couple inches above the water if running Mirage props or such............

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0872.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	274.2 KB 
ID:	400550
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re the injectors cleaned after the compressor went poof, if you have the square fuel pump it probably needs rebuilt ( you got psi but not flow) it’s the low pressure vacuumed pump. Ummm
    the ring injectors can short to ground.

Just a side note even even the old power head seems low on rpm. I don’t remember the spec but you should have been turning over 5500 iirc. (Tachometer can be inaccurate though) you could actually be overpitched but it should iirc set a overpitch code.

The slack if for the gaurdian system. Opti are tough to keep up with several changes over the yers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gotta look at it while running WOT and trimmed. ..... cav plate should be a couple inches above the water if running Mirage props or such............

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0872.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	274.2 KB 
ID:	400550
    yea im going to look at it next time i run it, gotta get my tabs working first so i can drop the bow and get an accurate measure. Im running a mirage 21p, the old powerhead turnd this prop 5600+ all day. Also one of these days when i get time i need you to scan the motor. I still think i have a sensor somewhere thats bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Motv18 View Post
    We’re the injectors cleaned after the compressor went poof, if you have the square fuel pump it probably needs rebuilt ( you got psi but not flow) it’s the low pressure vacuumed pump. Ummm
    the ring injectors can short to ground.

Just a side note even even the old power head seems low on rpm. I don’t remember the spec but you should have been turning over 5500 iirc. (Tachometer can be inaccurate though) you could actually be overpitched but it should iirc set a overpitch code.

The slack if for the gaurdian system. Opti are tough to keep up with several changes over the yers
    No smartcraft gauges, my opti is an 02. So it has the big vst on the port side bolted to the air handler, high and low pumps are brand new.. no injectors were never cleaned. I replaced the rails with another motor but i used the same air injectors. Could be a problem with them but idk amd one local to test them with out costing me a ton of money. Im just a poor boy trying to fix up my dads old boat lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CORRECTION. 19p 3 blade mirage stainless prop.

i have another ecm, would that be even worth a try? Motor runs 10 times better now with fixing the diaphrams. So another sea trial needs to happen eather way. Hard to get an accurate idea with 10 people and 3 loaded coolers on board haha.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast