Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

News from Screaming Eagle Boats 12-18-2017

News from Screaming Eagle Boats, Bellefontaine Ohio

Several changes have been taken place at SEB the past year, and there are many future plans and changes in the works for the upcoming years.

2017 has been a very popular year for acquiring high performance boat molds and updating older molds to a more modern look.
    To cut to the chase… in 2019, Screaming Eagle Boats will no longer be building the Talon 22 SS or Talon 22 XL models. SEB will be filling all the current boat orders and filling any open slots left for 2018. After 2018, SEB will seize the production of the two Talon 22 models and more than likely be placing the molds, and the right to use the Talon 22 name, for sale. Why you ask? SEB currently has the Revolution Formula 1 and 2 tunnel boat racing molds, two of the Talon 22 models, the Edge 22 project, another 22 cat project, the American Offshore 2600 molds, the 30’ Spectre molds and the 36’ Spectre molds, Todd Lamb of SEB decided he wanted to cut down to just one model of each size, a 22’, 26’, 30’ and the 36’. Todd explained, “With all the new tooling we are doing with these molds to modernize them, our crew is being stretched to the limit. There are 10 of us in here, doing the work of 20. I want my main focus to be having the best looking and performing 22’, 26’, 30’ and 36’ out there, so this is going to involve a lot of my time in re-tooling area and I want to focus on these four molds.”

We are very proud to be able to offer such a variety of high performance boats to the boat enthusiast. SEB would like to thank all their supporters. Anyone interested in the Talon molds or the Formula 1 molds, please contact Todd at 937-292-7674. Serious inquires only. Thank you
    Last edited by Spectre Powerboats; 12-18-2017 at 10:41 PM.

2. Thanks mjw930 thanked for this post
    Likes NICE PAIR, Frank Molé, delawarerick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as we love our 22 Talon SS I understand your decision to move to a 22 of your own design. That plus the modernization and modifications I know you have in mind for the 26, 30 and 36 should position SEB as a significant manufacturer in the performance boat segment. The road there won’t be easy but you have made the best first step, focusing on the core and eliminating distractions.

As a a member of the SEB family we wish you, Karen and your crew nothing but continued success.

For anyone sitting on the fence about buying a 22 Talon don’t let the opportunity to purchase one built by SEB pass. It’s a great boat and the quality Todd and team deliver at a very reasonable price is second to none.
    Last edited by mjw930; 12-19-2017 at 07:57 AM.
    Mark

4. Thanks Spectre Powerboats thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best news I heard all day I had a feeling you had to many similar size boats being built and thought the new 22 was going to get cut. I am happy to see it was the talon. Can’t wait to see what touches you put on the other models you acquired exciting time for boating with all the outboard powered cats.
    #skaternation
    21 rally sport (sold)
    21 Cougar (sold)
    21 Skater (sold)
    24 skater (sold)
    21 Armstrong (fishing deck) 250 etec
    24 SEB (soon to be laid up)

6. Thanks Spectre Powerboats thanked for this post
    Likes noli liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    cool kids,MERRY CHRISTMAS will see you after new years...............have fun....
    TRANSPORT SERVICE...UP TO 36 FEET....YOUR TRAILER OR MINE... FULLY INSURED...............
    DOT & CDL COMPLIANT $500,000.00 CARGO & 1 MILLION LIABILITY.

LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE, LESS CROWED BETTER VIEW
    ...............2022 3500 HD SILVERADO DUALLY 6.6 TURBO. 8 FT BED...LETS PULL IT.................

http://www.frankmoletransport.com/

8. Thanks Spectre Powerboats thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screaming Eagle Boats View Post
    News from Screaming Eagle Boats, Bellefontaine Ohio

Several changes have been taken place at SEB the past year, and there are many future plans and changes in the works for the upcoming years.

2017 has been a very popular year for acquiring high performance boat molds and updating older molds to a more modern look.
    To cut to the chase… in 2019, Screaming Eagle Boats will no longer be building the Talon 22 SS or Talon 22 XL models. SEB will be filling all the current boat orders and filling any open slots left for 2018. After 2018, SEB will seize the production of the two Talon 22 models and more than likely be placing the molds, and the right to use the Talon 22 name, for sale. Why you ask? SEB currently has the Revolution Formula 1 and 2 tunnel boat racing molds, two of the Talon 22 models, the Edge 22 project, another 22 cat project, the American Offshore 2600 molds, the 30’ Spectre molds and the 36’ Spectre molds, Todd Lamb of SEB decided he wanted to cut down to just one model of each size, a 22’, 26’, 30’ and the 36’. Todd explained, “With all the new tooling we are doing with these molds to modernize them, our crew is being stretched to the limit. There are 10 of us in here, doing the work of 20. I want my main focus to be having the best looking and performing 22’, 26’, 30’ and 36’ out there, so this is going to involve a lot of my time in re-tooling area and I want to focus on these four molds.”

We are very proud to be able to offer such a variety of high performance boats to the boat enthusiast. SEB would like to thank all their supporters. Anyone interested in the Talon molds or the Formula 1 molds, please contact Todd at 937-292-7674. Serious inquires only. Thank you

Hi Todd,

I am sorry to hear that you will no longer be building the Talon 22 after 2018. That said, I fully understand your decision to discontinue the Talon and I am in full agreement that you have made the correct decision. It just doesn’t make sense to offer several 22s in your Screaming Eagle Boats lineup and it is understandable that you are partial to your own 22 design that you have incurred many R and D hours and mold design expenses. I am sure that your new 22 will be an excellent performer. I have been so impressed with your quality of product and I am so pleased that we have a builder like you committed to such a high level of craftsmanship. I applaud you Todd for your excellence. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing your new line of cats.

John C. McKnight

10. Thanks Spectre Powerboats thanked for this post
    Likes Glasstream15 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys rock I wish you all a Merry Christmas and happy and prosperous New YearRick

12. Thanks Spectre Powerboats thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very happy to hear the SEB 22 is in your lineup

Can we get pics of the SEB 22...to get a status?

Love that cat!

14. Likes Just Tool'in liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it's time for Gary Armington to get his molds back and start building Talons in Florida again!!
    J-Town Hot Boat Team
    Barracuda 188CCR/Suzuki 140

Past Boats:
    Checkmate 2800SX/Twin Merc 250’s
    Checkmate Pulsare 2400/Verado 300
    Checkmate Starflite/Merc Pro XB250
    Canadian Edition Hydrostream AE-21/Merc 2.5
    Checkmate Pulsare 2100/Merc 225Xri
    Hydrostream Valero YT Bowrider/Merc 175
    Talon T-21/Mercury Racing 2.5 Carb
    Sleekcraft ModVP Bowrider/Evinrude 225 Vindicator
    Velocity 230/Mercury 454 Magnum
    Scout 172 Sportfish/Yamaha 130
    SeaRay F16 Jet boat/Mercury SportJet
    SeaRay 17' Seville/Merc I/O

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by noli View Post

Very happy to hear the SEB 22 is in your lineup

Can we get pics of the SEB 22...to get a status?

Love that cat!

Hey Noli, the new 22 is a ways from being done. We have a lot of new Talon 22 builds to get caught up on, finish the Edge 22 project, start the new 30 and 36's with twin 400's. We have a game plan and are trying to stick to it.

We ran into a lot of un-foreseen work when we started the new Talon 22 XL builds. Everything from new patterns, the first I/O we have ever built, the crazy gel scheme on Paul's boat (which none of us here have ever done), a hatch fitting issue, and etc. etc. The XL really jammed up our production with a lot of these little issues, but we are working through them.

17. Likes AZMIDLYF, Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE View Post
    Maybe it's time for Gary Armington to get his molds back and start building Talons in Florida again!!
    The Talon molds have been the best thing that has happened to us. It has taken us from a no name company to one that is slowly getting out there. This would not have happened without the Talon 22 molds. I hate to move them along, but in a way I hope they get another new builder on the map. We truly need more hi performance boat builders out there. Some of the guys are getting up there in age.

19. Thanks JUPITER PULSARE thanked for this post