Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    I wish my 'Stream had a place to put in a temp gauge! There are six cutouts, just like the dash on Mike's Valero YT for sale on the board:

From left to right, mine are: Jackplate, Fuel, MPH, RPM, Volts (steering wheel) Water pressure, Trim. I wouldn't want to sacrifice any of these to have temp, although I don't really use my trim gauge much. The needle barely moves at all as I adjust trim, and the current draw from the trim moves the needle while trimming! I prefer to look back at the height of the rooster tail for reference. Should I have a temp gauge? Where would I put it? I think the boat had one until the marina that originally sold it swapped it for the jackplate gauge when they set it up. What to do? Should I care?
    -Chad

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They sell four in one guages. You can specify the guages that you get but they show fuel level, volts, water pressure and I forgot. Throw in an EGT or duel EGT along with the engine temp. You'll have holes to fill with more gauges. If you have EFI a fuel pressure gauge is nice too.
    '90 STV
    '96 260
    under construction

for far too long

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

gauges

Who makes them, and how much? There's a bulleted-end connector under the dash, that's probably the old temp sender wire from when the dealer took out the temp and put in the plate indicator. Does the four-in-one gauge replace one of the 2" gauges? If so, gosh, the indicators would be pretty small with all that crammed in one space. All I really need is a 2" gauge with 2 needles, like in many cars: Temp and water pressure in one would be nice...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.livorsi.com/
    &
    http://www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance/
    They are small. Haven't seen any 2-1 gauge except EGTs
    Some of these things don't need a high amount of accuracy.
    I'm not sure but there might be a jack/trim gauge too. Forgot where though.
    Since the engine is the single highest expense anything that tells you of an impending problem is important.
    I personaly think a temp guage is more useful than a pres gauge. You can have the press and still be cooking the engine or not have quite the pres and the engine is still cool,although if you see no press you can prevent a possible overheat. So both are nice.

Don't know the price but I'm sure it's far more than what it's actually worth.
    '90 STV
    '96 260
    under construction

for far too long

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

livorsi

I saw the gauge. What would I do with all the empty holes? I would spend a fortune just filling the empty spaces with something cute. I don't need EGT's, it's a stock EFI fishing motor. Hourmeter? It already has plenty of hours on it. Clock? Who cares what time it is, put the boat away when the sun goes down. All I need is Jack, Volts, Fuel, MPH, RPM, Water pres., trim, and TEMP! Why did Pipkorn have to cut me off after 7 gauges?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you have EFI it's a real good idea to have a fuel pressure gauge. If you saw Alaska streamins posts you can see why. If something causes your pressure to go down and you don't know it the engine will tell you eventually.

As for the other holes you can turn them into mini glove boxs or something unique.

The problem with any gauge is it cost alot and more adds quickly.
    '90 STV
    '96 260
    under construction

for far too long

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

gauges

Is the four-in-one gauge a 2" or the larger size ? I don't want to lose my tach or analog speedo...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought they were 2" but now I see they're big. Kind of stupid to make them so big when the point is to save space.
    '90 STV
    '96 260
    under construction

for far too long