Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eagle one tunnel 150hp promax set up

Just picked up a super clean 2005 Eagle one tunnel and hung my 150hp pro max/coned 200 case on it. Havent run it yet but had a few questions on setup with these hulls.

I have a 14.5"×28p cleaver, 14"×30p hoss triton and a small ear 28p chopper right now. I also have a CLE case with 1.87 gears as well if i need to try it. Which of these props should work the best for a base line test? Ive got no seat time in tunnels, only semi fast v-hulls by most of your standards hahaha

Current setup is about 1" below the pad which is where the previous owner said he ran his motor at but he didnt have a lwp lower unit, just plugged the top holes. The motor is sitting on a manual jackplate with 8-10 inches of setback depending where i measure.

Think the little 150 promax will get it up around 85mph? Im curious to see how it runs on it. The motor was supposed to run just under 80mph on an allison xb2001 with a trolling motor and 3 batteries from what the previous owner said

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post up some pics. Which bottom, does it have steps in sponsons and just behind keel coming into pad? Mines a 2000 cyclone 182 and owned since new. It likes a lot of set back so 8-10 is good and I run mine 1" above pad. I've run 108 with Bridgeport, 111 stock 260, 121 with mod motor, and probably could have kept going with mod motor and bigger wheel. IMO a 28 is going be a lot a wheel for 150 I would think 26 and mine like choppers. With mine it likes to run bow high until you pack enough air, 70+ mph. Hope this helps good luck be safe.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it out this morning with the 28 cleaver, boat needed a fair amount of trim to fly it. Got it up to 78mph on the gps speedo, tach was saying 8 grand. Motor only sounded like it was in the 5000-6000 range. It had a 3L 225hp on it before, are they a different pole setting on the tach then the 2.5L? Im going to jack up the motor to about even with the centre sponson and try it again. Ill bring my other props too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170902_120223.jpg   20170901_145035.jpg   20170902_120319.jpg   20170902_120337.jpg  

4. Likes Kcraft liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well ive had the boat up to 87.5 mph on my phone gps and have seen 88/89 mph on the gps speedo. This was with a 30p triton. Burnt out a stator last weekend and with the new one my tach readings are more accurate. Ive been seeing 7500-8000rpm on the tach vs 9500 rpm before the stator went

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet Whip Checkmate ! You beat me to that boat by 2 hrs. was hoping you didn't buy for some crazy reason...Iwas next in line. Enjoy!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran similar speeds in my SS2000/150XR4 with a 31 Triton. I miss that prop. My SS2000 also ran well with small ear choppers.

plenty called bs for that speed with a little 150, but it can be done

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David- Is that about where the 150hp ran out of steam on the allison? I think ill crack 90mph with a bit more setup and tuning but thatll be about it for the motor as it sits. Ill need a bigger motor to go faster then that.

Thanks hondatech, it is a beautiful boat. After seeing it in person we couldnt walk away from it lol. A buddy of ours was going to go buy it too but didnt have the time to go down. The previous owner did make comment about some one wanting to come the same night after us lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    7500 with a 30 should be way faster than 89mph, unless you have a TON of slip or some odd ratio in the gear case.

6500 is closer to what those Promax "150"s normally turn with a big prop and decent setup. That would also jive better with your speed, which is not bad at all for "only a 150". lol. Might want to check the settings on your tach see whats going on.
    > Stainless steel Merc cowling plates - $110 shipped TYD - LINK <

1979 16' Action Marine/2.5L Merc S3000 - Metalflake Maniac
    1984 18' Contender Tunnel/2.4 Merc Bridgeport

"Where does the love of God go, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tach readings were better the first few passes and then started to get worse, did the same thing after i put the stator in. The voltage regs must be cooked too.

The 28 cleaver ive got ran 85mph and the 30 triton isnt a ton faster most of the time. Im hopping to try a couple props a buddy has from his allison. I believe he said hes got a 26 4 blade through hub, a 28 4 blade through hub and a 30 et.

Ive gotta go get the boat this afternoon and put hydraulic steering in it before the weekend and check out the tach issue again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    89.7 was the highest my gps ever read with the XR4. It was not quite stock, just reeds and a tuner. I tried a few props and of course varied engine height. 89's GPS were not unusual so I don't think the speed was bogus.

i have barely been faster with my 225 Promax, but have not tried hard.

for a long time I thought big numbers with a small engine was a lot of fun. Now I am in love with acceleration.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i locked up my coned 200 case last night, looks like the upper drive shaft bearing and probably the gears are gone. I put my spare 1.87 cle case on and will try it out tonight or tomorrow morning. That would explain why the boat lost 3-5 mph depending on the pass, it wouldnt pull more then 86 mph last weekend and barely pulled 84 mph before the case locked up last night

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got 90mph out of it on a few passes 2 weeks ago with the cle case and the 30p hoss. Hoping to get out for another ride or two before the seasons finished

14. Likes 1BadAction liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update for this year:

Havent had the boat out much. I picked up a 28 big ear chopper and tried it out. The engine would rev 6800 give or take a 100 rpm and would pull 86 or 87mph. It felt great overall.

I think i found my all around prop, now to rebuild my coned case to raise the motor higher and try to find a 30p ET as i think it would be a good combo. I can run the coned case about 1-1.5" higher up than i can with the 2 hole cle

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the supermag is running good for you aside from the electrical issues. My 200 only runs 3-4 mph faster but has better mid. Thats a sweet motor you got there and sometimes wish I had kept it. My fav prop was a 26 hoss that I bought from David that posted here, still is with my 200.

17. Likes checkmate45 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirk View Post
    Looks like the supermag is running good for you aside from the electrical issues. My 200 only runs 3-4 mph faster but has better mid. Thats a sweet motor you got there and sometimes wish I had kept it. My fav prop was a 26 hoss that I bought from David that posted here, still is with my 200.
    Yup shes been a pretty quick 150hp lol. Other than the stator that bit the dust, its been a solid running motor. The tach issues were because of the tach not being set right. I found the autometer setup sheet and that got sorted out this year.

On the Eagle I think a 26 would be too little prop for trying to get speed out of it; at least not without revving it to the moon haha. With the 28 chopper it feels a ton peppier than the 30p hoss, but the hoss does seem to pull decent top end numbers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast