Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by super aggregates View Post
    The meeting went wonderful. The ORC and IRC will be taking the thoughts from the meeting and make the proposed changes. We are just trying to set up rules that can be enforced out at the island. My thought was there was almost no arguing, which I had never seen other rules meeting before lol. It seamed everybody was able to express their opinions in a very respectful manor. It really sounds like both inboard and outboard racers are excited for the 2018 season.
    Thats great....but would you please share those thoughts, opinions and proposed changes here so those of us who were not there can be informed and share our thoughts and ideas after all isnt that what this forum is for?
    also when is the next meeting so maybe those who are interested can join the convo? i know of at least 2 racers that would like to race but are sour from past experiences with this program one is inboard and other is outboard....so maybe sharing the info here so it can be digested and discussed will help pull them in from the ledge. just saying .
    im sure more guys and gals can be pulled from the outside if this info was put out there for all to see and discuss in the open, dont you think there is a wealth of knowledge here that can maybe offer some input without having to be at the meeting?
    What do you mean when you say "rules that can be enforced out at the island"
    I believe any and all rules can be enforced , getting those who want to skirt the rules to comply is the problem!
    like one racer i always hear say....." i dont trailer my boat to the port it sits on my lift and i run out to the island from home." thats his excuse.
    and we all know his boat is not legal in any class he has raced in for several years. and another who refused to weigh his boat cause no one else would...we all know his boat was light and motor was illegal....so you see its not the rules its the racers refusal to comply that is the problem.
    Thats my .02 cents
    C.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our goal is to post rules after the holidays. Anyone who had opinions that couldn’t make the meeting was given the opportunity the call or email the IRC and ORC. One thing will be for sure under my direction, ANY AND ALL RACERS THAT DO NOT COMPLY TO OUR RULES WILL LOSE POINTS AND MONEY TO START. NEXT STEP THEY’LL BE KICKED OUT. No BS allowed. I’ll have more details coming soon. Thanks for your time and feedback.

3. Likes Michael J Giesler, Speed Jr. liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still like to know ....
    what you mean by "rules that can be enforced at the island" that tells me you believe there are rules that cant be enforced ......
    or rules that racers wont agree to and thus cry about it.
    you cant mold the rules to make everyone happy always gonna be someone pissed about them....why ?cause they dont want to conform
    and /or their boat isnt as competitive they would like whilst following said rules.
    please tell me this will still be heads up racing without speed brackets.....no gps bull****..... and i will stfu.
    thanks for your patience and understand i just want real racing to survive out at blarney island.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey michael...... i think your the one who told me more than once ....."there is two kinds of racers at blarney island ....cheaters and losers!" rite buddy?
    and also i believe i read a post were you said " if you aint cheating you aint winning!" soooooo keep on liking that post #17 lol ...
    to be fair mike you were not the only one that told me that so it seems to be the norm with some guys out there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERRUMMER 70 View Post
    hey michael...... i think your the one who told me more than once ....."there is two kinds of racers at blarney island ....cheaters and losers!" rite buddy?
    and also i believe i read a post were you said " if you aint cheating you aint winning!" soooooo keep on liking that post #17 lol ...
    to be fair mike you were not the only one that told me that so it seems to be the norm with some guys out there.
    Well that was the past this is the future build yourself a go fast boat and see what you can do in a crowd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riverrummer 70 is all talk Mike...... Kinda like the arm wrestling contest that was supposed to happen at Stevens Point. Shoots his mouth off then doesn't even show up lol , and to think the first snow was only a week ago HAHA, its going to be a Looooooong winter

8. Likes Speed Jr., Michael J Giesler liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More info to post soon. Thanks for your time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wicheckmate View Post
    Riverrummer 70 is all talk Mike...... Kinda like the arm wrestling contest that was supposed to happen at Stevens Point. Shoots his mouth off then doesn't even show up lol , and to think the first snow was only a week ago HAHA, its going to be a Looooooong winter
    wish i could have been there, my dad had to have heart surgery and it was a little more important than for fun arm wrestling with a roid rage bro like you. but i wil gladly lock up with you any time at the port ......not really a big deal bro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J Giesler View Post
    Well that was the past this is the future build yourself a go fast boat and see what you can do in a crowd
    ok mike im on it see you there. i did have something to do with a couple boats that did very well out there already .....remember

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when is the next meeting please inform ,would like to be there so i know what the deal is and buy all you sensitive racer types a beer ....... and if roid boy wants his shot at the title we can do that too, if its so important to him.......
    seriously......... just want good heads up traditional racing to survive at blarney island with no b.s. ....is that such a bad thing?
    i dont know why we cant have an open dialog here ? you post a big deal about new direction and new this and that but when some legit questions come up its all crickets chirp chirp......
    Last edited by RIVERRUMMER 70; 12-13-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERRUMMER 70 View Post
    wish i could have been there, my dad had to have heart surgery and it was a little more important than for fun arm wrestling with a roid rage bro like you. but i wil gladly lock up with you any time at the port ......not really a big deal bro.

Well hope he's ok, Man I just don't know what to say here, i'm dammed if i do and dammed if i don't on this one...... Hmmm let me guess..... Anybody bigger than yourself GOTTA be on something or roids or cheating.... HAS TO JUST HAS to right? nobody could possibly be more macho than yourself around these parts . two i'm darned if i do arm wrestle you. This is a perfect situation for a fellow like yourself i wish we could switch shoes as most people would think i'm supposed to win, but if i lose its a complete upset "even though its all Technique and wrist strength" Waaaaait a minute lol who said anything about a title??? I believe you were the one to bring up arm wrestling at the last umpba race as I can't remember the last time i even did something like that was it middle school????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riverrummer 70 your going to hate me even more as i think the best way out at the island would be the bracket style racing like they do in Umpba. you break out or you don't and its that simple. But opinions everybody has one right? that is just my little one as it's going to be hard for them to honestly check everybody's set up week in and week out in the time frame they have on thursday afternoon/evening. ODBA/DSRA they are tearing down motors every weekend along with having a scale there in which unless this happens on a weekly basis I believe it would be hard to get a good honest playing field. Compression test sure they can do that out there, and some other quick visual things. I wish Chris all the luck down there as making rules is a subject where not everybody will be happy on ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well hope he's ok, Man I just don't know what to say here, i'm dammed if i do and dammed if i don't on this one...... Hmmm let me guess..... Anybody bigger than yourself GOTTA be on something or roids or cheating.... HAS TO JUST HAS to right? nobody could possibly be more macho than yourself around these parts . two i'm darned if i do arm wrestle you. This is a perfect situation for a fellow like yourself i wish we could switch shoes as most people would think i'm supposed to win, but if i lose its a complete upset "even though its all Technique and wrist strength" Waaaaait a minute lol who said anything about a title??? I believe you were the one to bring up arm wrestling at the last umpba race as I can't remember the last time i even did something like that was it middle school????
    lol.......ok ok ok sorry i said roids, i give credit where credit is do....but only reason i brought it up at stevens point 2017 was because i heard thats what took place 2016 after i left to go to the "club" never called you out or mentioned your name and if i remember the post was you responding ohhhh yah i got something for you .....soooooooooo i can go find the post if you like or did you delete already like mikey ...?
    really this is getting to be childish .... i never had any issue with you other than running your 101mph in 1000' boat in the 85mph class.
    but that was par for the course up north so whatever. YOU CAN GO TO MY PROFILE AND LOOK AT BLOG ENTRIES FOR THE POSTS.
    Last edited by RIVERRUMMER 70; 12-14-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope i didn't delete anything... I absolutely said that , I was unaware of any events like that in 2016 stevens point race i guess, but if there was then i missed out watching some good action then. My boat did run 101 in 1000' a radar run is way different than a drag race... i think it 2010 before i owned it with a modded powerhead. It did run 100 in 1000' this year in a radar run. If you made any of the races this year all i ran was 95 and 105. Nothing says you can't prop down, if you don't break out you don't break out... Again no rules are perfect but we have a lot of close racing for what it is. I know you know radar running a different set up than drag racing and ET.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riverrummer 70 your going to hate me even more as i think the best way out at the island would be the bracket style racing like they do in Umpba. you break out or you don't and its that simple. But opinions everybody has one right? that is just my little one as it's going to be hard for them to honestly check everybody's set up week in and week out in the time frame they have on thursday afternoon/evening. ODBA/DSRA they are tearing down motors every weekend along with having a scale there in which unless this happens on a weekly basis I believe it would be hard to get a good honest playing field. Compression test sure they can do that out there, and some other quick visual things. I wish Chris all the luck down there as making rules is a subject where not everybody will be happy on ..
    I DONT HATE ANYONE...... DISLIKE, DON'T RESPECT, MAYBE BUT NOT HATE.
    you break out or you dont? how do you ck that when guys sandbag and pedal we saw that at stevens point with big jon who we all know had a 100mph jet boat and ran it in the 85 mph class and said oh i de-tuned it with timing? how did he do that ....? and you as well we know you run 99-100 in 1000' but ran in the 85mph class same with mark k. his venom 96mph in 1000' running 85mph class .....you end up racing guys who do nothing but race down to win ....thats low class cheating period. all these numbers came rite from three lakes i was there and took note of every god damn boat 2015 and 2016 bro. now any more questions. gps hA THEY DIDNT EVEN SHOW US THE GPS WHEN WE SUPPOSEDLY BROKE OUT NOT TO MENTION DIDNT EVEN TELL US TILL THE END OF THE CLASS JUST LET JAMIE SIT THERE WAITING TO BE CALLED TO THE LINE SO WE COULDN'T EVEN QUESTION IT... AND WHEN I PULLED OUT BOBS GPS FROM OUR GLOVEBOX AND SHOWED BRETT RITE ON THE DOCK.... IT SHOWED WE DIDNT BREAKOUT BUT STILL GOT DQ....REALLY? PROOF IS IN THE NUMBERS AT THREE LAKES, BEST WE EVER RAN WAS 89 ME OR JAMIE IN EITHER BOAT.
    YOU GET LEGIT TIMING AND RADAR UNBIASED OUT THERE AND MAYBE YOU CAN GET FAIR RESULTS BUT THIS CLUB GPS BS IS JUST CRAP, WAY TO EASY TO MANIPULATE ... BUT WE STILL CAME TO RACE AND PARTY ANYWAY, HELL I EVEN TRIED TO HELP OUT ANYWAY I COULD. NEVER CRIED AND TOOK OUR BOAT AND WENT HOME .....UNLIKE THOSE WHO REFUSED TO COME BACK TO BLARNEY ISLAND WHEN THINGS DIDNT GO THEIR WAY......MOB RULE....BABIES!
    Last edited by RIVERRUMMER 70; 12-14-2017 at 01:11 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast