Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have a radar gun at blarney i think, and a set of lights so add another gun and should be set either you set up for that radar gun where everyone can see or not. Again as for the 3 lakes number you guys should be running huge props to get the highest number at the END of the course not ET 3/4-7/8 track . i mean i can tell you i'm not going to drag race a 30 pitch 4 blade for the number i got at 3 lakes that's for sure. Again your not going to stop a few that might drop down or do this or that, but again if your not tearing down motors every week at blarney, and weighing everyone before they go out well I'm sure some are going to push those limits as well. I could care less what the rules are at the island as i don't go, but i did offer a SOLUTION to there issue I have never complained about it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wicheckmate View Post
    They have a radar gun at blarney i think, and a set of lights so add another gun and should be set either you set up for that radar gun where everyone can see or not. Again as for the 3 lakes number you guys should be running huge props to get the highest number at the END of the course not ET 3/4-7/8 track . i mean i can tell you i'm not going to drag race a 30 pitch 4 blade for the number i got at 3 lakes that's for sure. Again your not going to stop a few that might drop down or do this or that, but again if your not tearing down motors every week at blarney, and weighing everyone before they go out well I'm sure some are going to push those limits as well. I could care less what the rules are at the island as i don't go, but i did offer a SOLUTION to there issue I have never complained about it.
    The way i see it we race mph brackets not e.t. brackets that means if your boat is capable of 96 mph in 1000 ' you race 95 mph class not 85....simple.
    if you want to e.t. race then set e.t. brackets, not rocket science. In addition you put gps in every boat on every pass, don't wait till someone thinks you broke out and then put the gps in the boat because by then he or she already knocked out a boat potentially unfairly. simple solutions, see i do have some solutions brett.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the open dialog, i appreciate your input and hope it can be an example for others to follow.
    now i must insist we settle that arm wrestling challenge ..... we both big enough to act like men.
    nothing to lose or gain but respect between us.
    your right there is some technical aspects to it but brute strength will have its place as well, since you are slightly younger
    and a little more fit it should be a fair match.
    i believe the true character of a man shines thru in how he handles his loss more than how he handles his win.
    so how bout it muscles, don't tell me you lifted all those weights and worked so hard just to look good with your shirt off?
    Last edited by RIVERRUMMER 70; 12-14-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have brought it up to have a system in place with a large LED screen and a gps in every boat and depending on who is running everyone on shore would be able to see the speeds as they go. I'm sure there has to be software for that somewhere but it came down to a cost thing. That being said i'm going to try to raise more money for the club this year so we can maybe put money towards something like that in the near future. Again Every race this year i raced 95 and 105.. the first and only year i ran 85 i ran the stock computer and you could hear it banging it 3/4 track as it was all it was going to go. Actually i lost more that year than than when i ran the 95 class last year and both 95/105 this year. How young do you think i am lol?? I'll agree if the opportunity presents itself then i'll agree to arm wrestle you its actually those intense skinny trucker guys you have to watch out for if you've ever watched it on T.V.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wicheckmate View Post
    I have brought it up to have a system in place with a large LED screen and a gps in every boat and depending on who is running everyone on shore would be able to see the speeds as they go. I'm sure there has to be software for that somewhere but it came down to a cost thing. That being said i'm going to try to raise more money for the club this year so we can maybe put money towards something like that in the near future. Again Every race this year i raced 95 and 105.. the first and only year i ran 85 i ran the stock computer and you could hear it banging it 3/4 track as it was all it was going to go. Actually i lost more that year than than when i ran the 95 class last year and both 95/105 this year. How young do you think i am lol?? I'll agree if the opportunity presents itself then i'll agree to arm wrestle you its actually those intense skinny trucker guys you have to watch out for if you've ever watched it on T.V.
    so now im a skinny intense trucker guy ?lol i have locked up with a few of the great ones in the past, one of the best ever is from my home town,
    they made a movie about him and sly stalone played the part, "Over The Top" the real guys name is john brzenk, his family owned the bowling alley in mchenry by the old watertower marine on the fox river.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No your not an intense trucker guy lol i was saying you have to watch out for those guys. I thought they filmed that in Iowa somewhere like Debuque as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018 rules posted are posted;

http://nidba.net
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Proud HydroStream Powertour Member

Lots of past boats - 2024 22 Liberator - 450R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that shut up the peanut gallery now didn't it......

Get ready for 2018, it's going to be a show like no other. :-)
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn, I don't fit anywhere with my current combo. that sucks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's that Travis? What's your setup? Where do you fit?

STV Euro w Lake Racer Legal Motor at said weight would be Lake Racer.

STV Euro w unlimited modded motor (no spray) 180 lbs compression limit, 1500lbs min would be Outlaw.

And of course Pro Gas, no compression limit at said weight.

With your hull, you have the ability to run in ANY class we offer, the deciding factor would be motor. I don't see how "I don't fit anywhere" really applies. Now, I know a Euro was not built or laid up to be a drag racing boat, but we can't obviously regulate the hulls that are more tailored to each class.

Hope this helps buddy. Come out, we'd love to have you.

Jr.
    Last edited by Speed Jr.; 01-05-2018 at 07:41 AM.
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please explain
    Christopher Alby
    President and Owner of the NIDBA
    www.nidba.net

Triad DR20 (Last one made by Walley) - Merc Mod 280 by Caldwell - CRT coming in 2018
    STV ModVP New in 1992 - Merc Mod with Nitrous coming in 2018

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it says no work to exhaust chest. well I'll be honest and the exhaust chest has been opened up on my motor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a big deal. I'm too far away to make it all the time anyway. But from the way I read it I would fall into the outlaw category. I know full well I don't stand a chance in that class. I'll still come out and support you guys as much as possible though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will have a class for you to race. Please just set up with us in advance.
    Christopher Alby
    President and Owner of the NIDBA
    www.nidba.net

Triad DR20 (Last one made by Walley) - Merc Mod 280 by Caldwell - CRT coming in 2018
    STV ModVP New in 1992 - Merc Mod with Nitrous coming in 2018

15. Likes outboards4life liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be very close to lake racer with 2.5 promax. I'll hit you guys up for sure. I do plan on coming up the weekend of 3 lakes and perhaps a few other times as well. Thanks guys hope to see you all soon.

17. Likes Michael J Giesler liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast