User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Have lived and worked in New Zealand ,Tahiti,Australia,Japan , south Korea, And now Suzhou in China
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    so in rough water the floor will be banging on its supports as they are not attached?
    That's for you to determine how much the bottom of the boat moves up and down and how much bend and spring is in the floor !!!
    Me id be looking at introducing a camber into the floor so its raised slightly and any water always goes to the outsides !! sort of like killing two birds with one stone !!
    You do understand the difference between a camber and a curve ?? they can be quite different to each other !! plus naturally a curved surface is more ridged and stiffer than just a flat !! all this must be why there are so many shapes and curves in modern cars these day ! Not a flat panel to be seen any where !!
    Very basic principles the automotive industry has used for long time But the backward boating industry still trying to understand !!
    REMEMBER shape = stiffness and strength !! I have proved this theory many times over the years specially when replacing carbon fiber parts that have broken into a million bits and replaced it with just good old fiberglass unidirectional ( or fabrics ) and introduced shape and has never broken again !!
    Last edited by tunnels; 09-15-2017 at 03:49 AM.
    Messing round with boats is fun !! the learning never stops ,even after more than 30 years there's always something new happening somewhere ! BUT somethings never change and some problems never go away and just keep reoccurring !!so moved into Composite Forensics , Now that something completely new !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    isnt killing 2 birds with one stone, attaching the floor to the hull?
    makes it a more rigid box section so less twist as well?

Have lived and worked in New Zealand ,Tahiti,Australia,Japan , south Korea, And now Suzhou in China
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    isnt killing 2 birds with one stone, attaching the floor to the hull?
    makes it a more rigid box section so less twist as well?
    HAHAHA twist !! you don't want twist ?? why??
    If you look at fitting a floor with a slight curve and the floor glassed totally round the perimeter it almost impossible for the hull to rack and twist ! Making anything ridged means its going to break somewhere for sure
    Flex and twist are my two favorite things I love THEM both and them working together can do wondrous things for safety in really rough water and help to smooth out the bad patch's .!!
    Last edited by tunnels; 09-15-2017 at 04:55 AM.
    Messing round with boats is fun !! the learning never stops ,even after more than 30 years there's always something new happening somewhere ! BUT somethings never change and some problems never go away and just keep reoccurring !!so moved into Composite Forensics , Now that something completely new !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnels View Post
    ...A honey comb composite floor is way lighter than a plywood floor even if it 1/2 thick ply !
    AND THE COMPOSIT FLOOR SHOULD NEVER GAIN ANY WEIGHT OVER TIME FROM GETTING WATER LOGGED
    Brilliant! You should patent that, there may be infringement issues a/k/a "Infill Percentage". If and/or when this conversation switches cerebral I would like to share more details; moreover this yet remains for entertainment purpose only.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kelvin 523, what kind of boating you guys do over in Rue de Paris? Just curious.....

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XstreamVking View Post
    ...what kind of boating you guys do over in Rue de Paris?...
    They run F1's on the Seine, that's not for me. Offshore GSB in a canopied cat and sometimes a deep v.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvin523 View Post
    Foiling monohulls, crews, country's and sailing; yawn.
    Boats could be built in One country but how they are rigged is ???. DONE SOME SAILING HAVE YOU ?? BIG BOATS AND SMALL PLUS RACING AND CRUSING ?? ALSO BUILDING COMPLETELY FROM PLANS , PLUGS MOULDS AND BOATS AND MATCH RACING ! . WAS ALSO PART OF THE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF CC KOREAN FISHING BOATS THAT WERE WAY AHEAD OF ANYTHING IV SEEN COME OUT OF YOUR COUNTRY !! ASIANS ARE VERY CLEVER AND INOVATIVE AND BLOOSY CREATIVE !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    • Messing round with boats is fun !! Ok
    • the learning never stops , Clearly, this is not accurate.
    • even after more than 30 years there's always something new happening somewhere ! Yes
    • BUT somethings never change and some problems never go away and just keep reoccurring ! No Sht! (insert rhetorical statement here)
    • !so moved into Composite Forensics , No you have not.
    • Now that something completely new !! Definitely not

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvin523 View Post
    Have project managed 3 projects complete from design stage to building plugs and full preparation to molding stages ,then mould makings and flange systems including all the exterior steel framing , stands, cradles etc etc !
    Then speced all the laminates and material's , complete with the written complete building process step by step of all layers from start to finish ,all and everything to most all acceptable survey standards !!. assembly details and procedure's and including finishing details including electrics and fuel systems and tank location and installation ! In the case of sail boats also the assembly od masts rigging and reefing systems . For powerboats the installation of drive gear shafts rudders and operating systems ! installation of all and any type of drives including sial drives , jet , out drive out boards Diesel engines to 600 hp and petrol to 500 hp

And that's just a part of what I do and have done !! Can add race boats to all this as well plus design and construction.
    And add to this written service manuals for spray equipment !! resin saturator guns , chopper guns , high pressure gel coat guns with inline heaters ! , have also made and written manuals for servicing and operation of pressure pot gel coating systems big and small plus trouble shooting problems that could be encountered and procedure's for repair etc

Forensics is like nothing any one knows oR understands , getting right into the nitty gritty of material's up close and using microscopes and extreme close up macro photography to find faults and problems and solve the reasons why such things happen !! was it human error of mechanical malfunction from incorrect settings or worn equipment ,or chemical of in compatibility of materials used inappropriately by some one !! ! the list grows longer every place I go and have written a sheet with 100 questions as a starting place when doing investigations ! And this also cover the staff at all, levels including management !! and boys that pissed some would be experts off to the stage of storming out of meetings !!

Do I take my job seriously ?? SORT OF MORE SO THAN MOST ANYONE I KNOW !!
    Last edited by tunnels; 09-16-2017 at 05:21 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=kelvin523;2987773]
    • Messing round with boats is fun !! Ok( AND VERY ENJOYABLE IN ANY SORT OF BOAT BIG OR SMALL SAIL ROW OR POWER )
    • the learning never stops , Clearly, this is not accurate. ( OH YEST IT VERY ACCURATE ! AND IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING THEN YOU A VERY IGNORANT SILLY BLOODY IDIOT! AND FROM YOUR ATTATUDE FROM YOUR POSTS AND THE WORDING USED PROVES MY POINT !!.!!. WHATS NEW TODAY IS OBSOLETE NEXT WEEK AND TIME TO RELEARN OLD BUT NEW VARIATIONS AND METHODS ALL OVER AGAIN !!)
    • even after more than 30 years there's always something new happening somewhere ! Yes ( MORE SO OUTSIDE THE MARINE INDUSTRY , AUTOMOTIVE , AND AIRCRAFT AND INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL COMPOSITES AND OTHER SECTIONS OF THE COMPOSITE INDUSTRIES !)
    • BUT somethings never change and some problems never go away and just keep reoccurring ! No Sht! (insert rhetorical statement here)( PEOPLE BEING SMART AND THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL AND GETTING CAUGHT OUT THAT THEY NOT AS CLEVER AS THEY MAKE OUT TO BE ! )
    • !so moved into Composite Forensics , No you have not.( OH YES I HAVE SO )
    • Now that something completely new !! Definitely not (OH YES IT IS !!)
    Last edited by tunnels; 09-16-2017 at 05:32 AM.

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Asian high performance boat
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asian.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	386731

American high performance boat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a7a12e3e056d5923c63ad5bff79ca74f.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	168.0 KB 
ID:	386732

12. Thanks powerabout thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Censored...
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by transomstand View Post
    That better be a goddam mistake or I'm outta here for good
    What did I miss?

Ralph Musser
    27' Fountain Fever W/ 525SC
    22' Rapid Craft W/ Evinrude 300 V8 January 2009 BOAT OF THE MONTH SOLD
    24' Triton 240 Gold W/ Mercury 60
    14' Royalcraft W/ Evinrude 75 father/daughter project

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverratt View Post
    What did I miss?
    Bunch of my stuff got deleted
    Living in the Freedom provided by Bud Conner and his fellow warriors.
    R.I.P. my Heathen Brother

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know when you have a Asian product that was designed/conceptualised in Asia in any part of your life..
    They aren't stealing everything they can from the west because they are creative and can think for themselves, they just have cheap labour.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast