Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hydraulic pump rebuild land and sea

Has anyone rebuilt the hydraulic pump on a land and sea jack plate where the ram pump and motor are all one unit. I took mine apart since it is not working well the fluid had emulsified water but the seals all looked good none of the springs or check valves seemed to be stuck. The two plastic gears appeaed to be in good shape. The only two things I could think that could be wrong is the plastic gears dont have tight enough tolorance anymore or the little steel ball check valves are not sealing properly. Any help would be appreciated. Do you think a hydraulic repair shop would be able to rebuild it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nielmcque View Post
    Has anyone rebuilt the hydraulic pump on a land and sea jack plate where the ram pump and motor are all one unit. I took mine apart since it is not working well the fluid had emulsified water but the seals all looked good none of the springs or check valves seemed to be stuck. The two plastic gears appeaed to be in good shape. The only two things I could think that could be wrong is the plastic gears dont have tight enough tolorance anymore or the little steel ball check valves are not sealing properly. Any help would be appreciated. Do you think a hydraulic repair shop would be able to rebuild it?
    It tried had it at 2 hydraulic shops, mine was in better shape than yours with no luck, they gave up trying. All parts have been recycled. RIP. Good luck.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did any of them have any ideas why they didnt work?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I fixed it. I removed the pump and motor from the top of the hydraulic ram. Then I removed the end plate from the ram took it to the machine shol had them weld up some of the holes and drill and tap it for two fittings so i could run an external mercruiser trim pump.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170629_174226.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	394.2 KB 
ID:	379309

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is exactly what I've done to mine as well and it runs great. It's a good jack plate except for the plastic sleeves, you have to be very carefull with them they destroy easily
    Glastron GT 150 W OMC 140
    Glastron GT150 w OMC 235
    Hydrostream Vision with 2.0l 135
    Hydrostream HST w 3.0L 225

I know two things that are infinite, the Universe and Human's Stupidity, although I am not sure about the first one.