Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are wasting your time trying to get him to pay up Phuck being nice about it!
    Rob Lankford

1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

Previous owned boats worth mentioning

1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As soon as Rock messages me ill pay him I inboxes him a time or 2 ...last time was may 11th with no reply ...I'm sure he gets a lot of messages so maybe he missed it so ill post it here and maybe he will see .....get back too me rockClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2018-08-03-03-00-40.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	285.4 KB 
ID:	414395

3. Likes Hot Shot Merc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean this?

Pending

Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't bother to list the "reminders" I sent cuz I have come to the realization you are just going to ignore them like you did the request. You are a piece of work dude.

Rock
    Team Junk

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This brings back some really ugly memories from a deal with the infamous Bill Gohr. These folks have no ethics and could care less about their name or reputation. I have and will suggest to anyone doing business on this site or any other...DON'T USE PAYPAL. DON'T SHIP BEFORE YOU RECEIVE PAYMENT. Use the United States Postal Service for your transaction. Accept a personal check and wait until it clears then ship parts or request a USPS money order. The USPS does not mess around and will make life exceedingly hard on the person not upholding their end of the deal. There are many folks on here I would send parts, pieces or money to no questions asked and you know who you are. Others will be dealt with through the USPS.
    Dave Hensley

1986 XR2002 /12" Mariner and string steering
    18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

The barn is emptying out!!!

7. Likes specboatops liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good advice Dave. I have started to liquidate to accommodate a major downsizing so as to fit into a much smaller shop. I have sold probably 15 props, 8 or 10 sets of heads, and numerous other parts. I shipped darn near everything before I had received payment because I trust those that are not on my list of "who not to do business with". Out of this most recent selling push I have one guy that does not want to play fair. Something to be proud of Josh. You're the only one.

Rock
    Team Junk

"Screamin Heathen"

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We're with you Rock, Have a list on the parts wall of who even appeared to be a dead beat or just to much drama to deal with

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 91eagle
    Don't worry cap .....last time ill visit this place.....morebull**** then a bunch of old lady's lol....

We're gonna miss you...Sell stuff (to a member) and get paid in an hour,takes 6 weeks and police and a UPS store payment to ship in a haf-ass box,and don't include everything agreed on.
    Buy something (from a member) good price and free shipping and don't pay...on and on,excuses and promises
    And when you're called out,you call concerned members bull****ing old ladies,and suggest we kiss your 18 inches of ass.You're being modest on that estimate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Carson's Marine View Post
    Originally Posted by 91eagle
    Don't worry cap .....last time ill visit this place.....morebull**** then a bunch of old lady's lol....

We're gonna miss you...Sell stuff (to a member) and get paid in an hour,takes 6 weeks and police and a UPS store payment to ship in a haf-ass box,and don't include everything agreed on.
    Buy something (from a member) good price and free shipping and don't pay...on and on,excuses and promises
    And when you're called out,you call concerned members bull****ing old ladies,and suggest we kiss your 18 inches of ass.You're being modest on that estimate.
    Would be interested in how old Josh is. Most of us on here are old farts that were brought up in a different time with different code of ethics. We need to stop expecting the same from Gen X and the millennials. "lol" is a clue...!!!!
    Dave Hensley

1986 XR2002 /12" Mariner and string steering
    18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

The barn is emptying out!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShot View Post
    Would be interested in how old Josh is. Most of us on here are old farts that were brought up in a different time with different code of ethics. We need to stop expecting the same from Gen X and the millennials. "lol" is a clue...!!!!
    He is 37
    Rob Lankford

1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

Previous owned boats worth mentioning

1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's still a few of the younger generation,including myself that had Good rasings growing up,and would be quick to get a back hand if disrespectful, I blame the parents for not doing their part, I'm 34 and wouldn't ever consider doing something like that,but I do agree ,that alot are worthless on their word,,, i haven't needed to make a list yet but u can bet I'm gonna ,,

14. Likes mach351, rgsauger liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    38 here. I like to think of myself as respectful also.

Dont worry old guys.....there are disrespectful punks in every generation since time began. They just become really apparent to you when y’all get up there in the years. (I was going to write “lol”)

'95 STV "The Blue Goose"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShot View Post
    This brings back some really ugly memories from a deal with the infamous Bill Gohr. These folks have no ethics and could care less about their name or reputation. I have and will suggest to anyone doing business on this site or any other...DON'T USE PAYPAL. DON'T SHIP BEFORE YOU RECEIVE PAYMENT. Use the United States Postal Service for your transaction. Accept a personal check and wait until it clears then ship parts or request a USPS money order. The USPS does not mess around and will make life exceedingly hard on the person not upholding their end of the deal. There are many folks on here I would send parts, pieces or money to no questions asked and you know who you are. Others will be dealt with through the USPS.
    FYI, and IMO...Paypal if fine IF you don't use the Friends and Family (free) option. If you pay their fee, they get in the middle if there is a dispute and return the funds. This isn't available on the free option as it's supposed to be to family and friends, not for payment of goods and services.
    Keith-

17. Likes Merc 2.5 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=mach351;3064614) Dont worry old guys.....there are disrespectful punks in every generation since time began.QUOTE]

No doubt about that. I have been around here for a while and have probably done business with well over 100 different members and my guess is there ain't been 10 of them as old as I. Age has very little to do with it although I do agree with Dave that there seems to be a different mindset and it all goes back to parenting. It's all about character or should I say a lack of. If I would have tried to screw someone out of a dime my Dad or Mom would kick my ass and would probably dis-own me. You treat people, no matter who they are or how far away they are, the same way you want to be treated. It's not very complicated and so much easier to sleep at night.

Rock
    Team Junk

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went through this same crap a few years back. The clown wanted my part ($75) and asked me where to send the funds so I gave him my address and asked for his. He gave me his address that day and I put the part in the mail that day out of kindness and scream and fly brotherhood. For five weeks I had excuse after excuse. First he says its in the mail. The week goes by and it doesnt' show. I ask again. Oh I forgot been busy will do it today(WTF? YOU SAID IT WAS IN THE MAIL ALREADY YOU IDIOT). Another week goes by and I ask again and he says its in the mail and he will send me a tracking number. Well never get tracking number and a week goes by and still no funds. Then I ask again and he says he will ship tomorrow morning first thing(AGAIN WTF? YOU SAID IT WAS SENT). When I call him out for his lies hes gets an attitude with me. I finally got the damn funds but had to go through lie after lie after lie. Pissed me off! I contacted Greg and informed of all this. The funds finally came. Now every since then I read his ridiculous posts with attitude towards others here when hes a freaking clown himself. He has plenty of money too. Buys a new boat every 6 months and is constantly complaining about this site and its users etc I feel sorry for his wife.

Then a while back A member here says he wants a part i had advertised and asked where to send funds. Funds never showed and this bozo ignored several messages asking if he sent the funds or even intends too. No reply at all. I called him the ostrich. Sticks his head in a hole in the ground and acts like the conversation never happend. I wont stop buying and selling here tho. I will be more careful and wait for funds to arrive before sending and if funds don't show on the 5th day then part goes back up for sale.

In 2006 I wanted to buy a 2.4 power head from Frank Mole. I sent him a few hundred dollars deposit because i wanted that motor but was waiting on my pool customers to pay(they only pay once a month so I have to wait to the end of the month for my income) Frank was very cool and understanding and willing to work with me. Unfortunately for me life threw a wrench in my spokes and I wasnt able to get the funds right away and I apologized to Frank for his time and efforts with me over this. Frank and I agreed that the deposit would be non refundable and that he would keep the deposit and I wished him good luck selling it to somebody else. No hard feelings on either one of our sides. I thought that was a good ending and there was no drama whatsoever. Franks good People

20. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast