Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I apologize to everyone 4 stuff like this clogging up this very informative site.... happy boating warm weather is almost here
    Last edited by 91eagle; 05-01-2018 at 02:14 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mounting plates come with cowls. It's not an "extra charge" item. If the cowl didn't come with it the ad should've stated that. Also, while the cowl apparently made it undamaged it doesn't sound like that was your intent
    Erik Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh....Do you not understand why this came back to the top? I was searching your name since I have not received a reply form my last private message and found this. We have some unfinished business that needs to be finished up. I sent you your part before payment because I trusted you as a member of our community. You have to be up front with people and do what you say you are going to do and then do it in a timely fashion. Like many of the members here Chris is a friend of mine and you need to understand we should and will look after one another. If you want to be a good member here you gotta do things right and when we see a pattern we pay attention. Take care of business.

Rock
    Last edited by rock; 05-01-2018 at 02:21 PM.
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 91eagle View Post
    I just now seen this .... now it's any of you care to read it I'll tell you what happened and feel free to correct me if any of this is not accurate Chris.... I did sell Chris several parts that I posted on here they were the first time and the last time I sold any parts here....I also started a PayPal solely for the purpose of selling Chris those parts once he purchase them PayPal thought that they should hold the money for a while I did not ship any parts until after a PayPal release the funds that was nowhere near quick enough for Chris I sold him a few different things two of them being an alien cowl and a set of heads .... the ad know where said that the pan came with the cowl and nowhere in the ad did it say that a set of coils came with the heads but after receiving the parts Chris was very upset that the package did not contain the extra items that he would like to have had... after several frustrating phone conversations I was informed that if I didn't send all the extra parts that he wanted he would continue to post negative things on the site which didn't bother me that much other than the fact that i get a lot of valuable information from Scream and fly...and have made a few friends here. so at the end the day the cowl and other parts that he purchased for a very reasonable price .... apparently the packaging was not up to par but as he is posted above nothing was damaged....to sum it up.. Chris which probably is a very good guy .. is running my name through the mud because the parts I sent him could have been damaged but we're not at all...... and he is also upset because of the parts that he requested I send him for free ( that were not included in the sale) took too long to get there...... Chris I think you got a very good deal .... and I apologize for the delay ..... and I think the last time we spoke you told me you would post an apology for any negative things you said about me and remove the negative threads if I would just send you the free Parts you wanted and they were sent and received a long time ago . But I'm sure every cowl sold on here has a pan with it for free and every set of heads sold on here comes with free coils.....so if you want to I don't have any problem with you leaving this up
    We'll leave it up.I'll try to briefly touch on your above comments.As to the original ad,it was posted around 2 am,and i saw it soon after.We texted a couple times,and firmed up the deal,which INCLUDED the coils,mounts,and wires for the dual plug head exhaust plate,that you said you wouldn't be needing.I paypaled you as a friend the full amount along with a shipping allowance to be adjusted up or down as necessary.This payment was made the same morning...so if you set up your paypal solely for our transaction you accomplished that FAST.
    That money was out of my account then...and in yours,whether you had quick access to it or not,shouldn't have held up shipping.
    Yes there were frustrating calls,for a month I was told over and over the parts were shipped and you would text the tracking number...But I never threatened you in any way.Then 10 days with no responce at all,I finally reached out a bit and was able to get your attention...And I'm not talking about here.This pissed you off enough to decide the coil stuff wasn't in the written ad,so I wouldn't be able to prove they were agreed as part of the deal,and you removed the cowl mount plate thinking it wasn't mentioned as well.Then,for your final act,you put the cowl in a thin cardboard box with a heavy chopper prop dropped in loose...no padding at all inside the cowl or on the prop or exhaust plate...and I had to pay again to the ups store this time to get the stuff on its way.I would have loved to see the disapointment on your face had you been able to see the cowl wasn't smashed in transit,which was clearly your intention.
    Please don't try to act like a victim here,or like I'm unreasonable,Chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet. so next time i buy a pan, i can expect it to come with a shroud.
    If I don't ask any questions, I'll never learn anything.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris is a standup guy. Early on when I was just getting started in boating. I bought some modified reed cages and reeds. They were sent USPS which I learned to never use, and were lost somewhere in the Atlanta sorting facility. Chris sent another set no charge even though USPS takes no responsibility for lost packages.

Rock is a good guy also. Hosted a pair of river runs years ago where I learned a
    lot about how to drive my ally
    Last edited by xb03fs; 05-02-2018 at 07:51 AM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

7. Thanks rock thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazymaan View Post
    sweet. so next time i buy a pan, i can expect it to come with a shroud.
    Pretty sure the shroud will be considered optional,the cowl and pan can be used without it.However,they can’t be used without the mount plate...I would consider it integral.
    Next time you buy a lawnmower would you expect it to come with wheels and a spark plug?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have dealt with Chris many times, both buying and selling a few things to him. I also have bought from Rock as well, both are stand up individuals!! Sounds like eagle is changing his story to make himself look better, when he must not realize both of these members have been around doin the right thing for a long time.

10. Thanks rock thanked for this post
    Likes AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if i was buying a used cowl and pan (and i have) i would expect it to be complete unless otherwise explaine or negotiated no matter what the price was. Its those grey areas that make people look bad

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Carson's Marine View Post
    Pretty sure the shroud will be considered optional,the cowl and pan can be used without it.However,they can’t be used without the mount plate...I would consider it integral.
    Next time you buy a lawnmower would you expect it to come with wheels and a spark plug?
    He bought one part not a item with many parts ... A more accurate metaphor would be buying a spark plug and a set of wheels and expecting a lawn mower...... but thanks so much for your comment

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh...We have heard both sides of the story but you have yet to address, or provide excuses, as to why I have not been paid for parts you received. So far I have heard you blame your wife and then promise to make it right which you have not. As I stated earlier it is not about the money in this instance. It's about warning members about how you do business so they can avoid having some of the issues you seem to bring to the table. If you will send the money you owe me to Greg so he can put it towards the operation of the site I will remove my posts and you will never hear from me again. If you continue to avoid the issue I will do my best to keep this thread alive or maybe even better yet start a new one. Man up.

Rock
    Team Junk

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Chaz = thinking , another "eagle" with a less than stellar future in the buy and sell section ....

15. Likes capt bart liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eagle Two maybe?

Rock
    Team Junk

"Screamin Heathen"

17. Likes Markus liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Chaz = thinking , another "eagle" with a less than stellar future in the buy and sell section ....

Interesting observation! Maybe they’re related.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Page needs to stay up!! Other members need to know!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast