Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrabtree View Post
    Regarding weight , Someone explain to me why pro mod should be any different from the other spec classes ie lakeracer prostock 1400 mod etc? All these classes have a 2.5 weight penalty @ 5lbs per every cubic inch gained past standard bore.. 2.5 200 carries 100 more lbs than a 2.4 200 etc.. For example ,Ive added additional weight in LR for yrs just for using a .030 over bore so theres No reason a 2.6__should run at the 2.5 weight imo..
    I agree. Doesn’t make sense.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess because the 2.5 Merc is just too efficient, other designs need more cubes to even the playing field and the clubs always wanted to be inclusive,

Remember we race Antique outboards, even the 3.2L Merc never added up to the racers expectations, Not sure what CRT is doing besides a new crank design to gain

power/durability because so much has been tried in the past, I understand everything is stronger than the Merc so it's going to be interesting.
    Last edited by CUDA; 03-03-2019 at 03:57 PM.
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrabtree View Post
    Regarding weight , Someone explain to me why pro mod should be any different from the other spec classes ie lakeracer prostock 1400 mod etc? All these classes have a 2.5 weight penalty @ 5lbs per every cubic inch gained past standard bore.. 2.5 200 carries 100 more lbs than a 2.4 200 etc.. For example ,Ive added additional weight in LR for yrs just for using a .030 over bore so theres No reason a 2.6__should run at the 2.5 weight imo..
    I think Erik's post explains it pretty well from a real life perspective. It makes sense (to me) that cubic inch advantage is a scale of diminishing returns. More cubes equal more horsepower but at the cost of more weight on the moving parts …. bigger it gets the more it weighs the less the gains. I have no idea about why .030 oversize pistons would carry more weight in a particular class or the specifics of how they arrived at the weights so not saying it was or is currently fair or unfair. Just trying to say it's definitely not a simple cubic inch / weight equation that many people seem to think.

Going from Outlaw at 1150 lbs to Promod at 1375 lbs has been a humbling experience for me in terms of realizing what a difference weight makes. I used to think giving up 25-50 lbs with my big block was no big deal but there is a point where it starts to hurt and once you get there it just seems to exponentially get worse with more lbs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When mother Mercury started the 2.0 then 2.4 and stopped at the 2.5 , there was a reason . They saw the power per CC decrease when they went larger . The spread between the bores and the depth of the floor of the block dictated this . The amount of area in the Transfers is the bottle neck for flow . Simply saying going bigger CC in this particular model , is less efficient . Volumetric efficiencies start to decrease in stroke and bore , or when one or the others done alone . You want bottom end on larger bore and stroke , but see fall off on top side from the 2.5 rpm 's so the end result of power may be less because it simply can't breath like the efficient 2.5 . So in reality when weight is put on or taken off a particular block profile VE should be taken into account . The 2.5 100% has the clear advantage when u study it like this . ........ So when we designed the bigger blocks 3.5 , 4.0 , this was taken into consideration about VE . The bottle neck area was the very first thing designed and then all other points of interest were addressed in the block and crank for these to be very efficient motors for pumping and flowing at high RPM's .
    Three are in construction as we speak and look forward to assembly on the new ultra light designed big block in couple weeks .
    Last edited by caldwellrace; 03-03-2019 at 10:19 PM.

the land of fast boats and even deeper BS
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Caldwellrace very informative read. It’s like I was reading straight from the pages of a engineering journal! But as a potential buyer, I don’t need any more education on VE, thermodynamics, heat transfer, or fluid flow. I want results before I spend 40k on a 11,000 rpm tickling time bomb I want to see it run heads up against mother Mercury’s 40 year old technology at the same weight and basic same displacement. I have no desire to make up for sub par porting with masking it with more displacement or nitrous. It does me no good for the racing I would like to do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mr JoeBOB.racer that hides behind a key board troll . U know where I am! Bring your best 2.5 40 year old and I will put my best 2.5 forty year old and we will see .Then when I gap your ass we can then put the CRT 2.5 on, run your slow ass again ,then half track your troll ass . And by the way bring your check book bro.. I don't need NOS but what CRT motors will do on Alcohol and NOS is were you will never see on a cast block mister Troll . So i challenge you to get a fast boat and come play in the real TV world and run what you brung . That may be a good name on your real boat Mr Troll. But I doubt you will show ......
    Last edited by caldwellrace; 03-04-2019 at 11:29 AM.

7. Likes AZMIDLYF, davemvegas, Merc 2.5 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that apparently struck a nerve. And you obviously misunderstood what I was saying or maybe I just didn’t make myself clear. First off I don’t drag race. I never have,so I would be silly to wager any amount of money on this particular style of racing. We spoke two years ago at the boat show in Miami and you spoke a lot about UIM F-1 Racing and your ability to build a superior racing engine for the series under their current rules. I was also under the impression some special teams were going to test some of your products over this winter? Did they get that opportunity? If so what were the results? Has anybody outside of your own R&D run your product under a very strict third party tech guidelines and inspection and if so what were the results. You can call me whatever you would like, troll is fine. I’m not trying to pick on your product or bully your product name. Just some simple question. You may want to try some yoga with some deep meditation. Find your enter peace and zin! It may help you deal with your anger issues.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob.racer View Post
    Well that apparently struck a nerve. And you obviously misunderstood what I was saying or maybe I just didn’t make myself clear. First off I don’t drag race. I never have,so I would be silly to wager any amount of money on this particular style of racing. We spoke two years ago at the boat show in Miami and you spoke a lot about UIM F-1 Racing and your ability to build a superior racing engine for the series under their current rules. I was also under the impression some special teams were going to test some of your products over this winter? Did they get that opportunity? If so what were the results? Has anybody outside of your own R&D run your product under a very strict third party tech guidelines and inspection and if so what were the results. You can call me whatever you would like, troll is fine. I’m not trying to pick on your product or bully your product name. Just some simple question. You may want to try some yoga with some deep meditation. Find your enter peace and zin! It may help you deal with your anger issues.
    you should take him up on a drag race JB. Just make sure hes in a super light pro drag allison & youll come by him at 200' when he Gets outta shape haha . Jk Caldwell
    Last edited by tcrabtree; 03-05-2019 at 12:45 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob.racer View Post
    Mr joebob my suspicion was correct you are not even a boat racer nor have any intention of buying an engine as you say in your earlier post, which is a lie! So how about moving on as a troll you are. Maybe take up some of your own meditation as this is a boating/racing forum! Move on!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no worries, we will move on. We will race long tails on wooden boats in India if we have to. But we will be racing something. Your ability to side step any resemblance of a real answer, to any question reminds me a lot of a United States politician. Good luck moving forward with your future endeavors. I will now go crawl back under my bridge and let you stumps have your fun. I look forward to the day the world of boat racing gets to see the actual results of a reputable race teams with your products.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look forward to the day the world of boat racing gets to see the actual results of a reputable race teams with your products.

DUDE, That's already happened. I`m a witness to it. Where you been??? Under that bridge? You must not get internet service under there.

13. Thanks caldwellrace thanked for this post
    Likes AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are any pictures available of the internals, the specs, the chest? Too soon?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull View Post
    DUDE, That's already happened. I`m a witness to it. Where you been??? Under that bridge? You must not get internet service under there.
    Please enlighten all of mere mortals as too what series the Billet engine has run in? Where it placed?What technical inspection process was performed on the engine to prove what the actual displacement of it was? This really is the only information I am seeking. But no one seams to ever actually answer anything on here. So I will not get my hopes up to actually get any type of usefull information now either.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Right......more shiny things to look at please?....cause it's still winter here.

18. Likes Michael J Giesler liked this post
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast