Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Exclamation * Caldwell Racing Technology Billet Aluminum Race Engines - High Resolution Images *

There was so much to see at Miami this year, but I know that out of everything, most of you really want to see the Caldwell Racing Technology engines.

This was the first time I was able to get a close look at these engines and I was just so impressed. The machine work is impeccable, and what is most important is that CRT is continuing to deliver on all counts; a billet aluminum offshore midsection with mount assembly and removable exhaust snout, as well as supporting engine components such as the tuner, diffuser, midsection components, and adapter plate.

Engine packages are ready for the 2.5-liter Race and Custom Race as well as 3.3, 3.5, and 4.0-liter Big Block models. There is so much happening here, and it's a very exciting time for us outboard performance guys.

Pro Marine is the exclusive distributor for CRT products, and I'm sure we will have them here to give us more details very soon.

I was also able to speak at length with Matthew Caldwell, which I will be publishing a feature article based on that interview. I also spent time talking to Pro Marine International Sales Manager Ricky Maldonado, who races his Action. Just very cool.

Check back later in the week for my full report. I'll also be adding more photos of the CRT products as well as full pricing information.

Thanks!
    Greg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_1559.jpg   DSC_1546.jpg   DSC_1551.jpg   DSC_1562.jpg   DSC_1564.jpg  

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing I noticed was the HUGE exhaust port in the chest. Reminds me of my Jon Wrights engine exhaust chest. So big. Then I noticed there isn't two exhaust dumps at the bottom. So it obviously must be built into the diverter plate to take away the sharp turns. But being its brought out further then, I would think you would need a special pan or yours modified. Makes me curious. Then it makes me think about the 1 piece adapter and I would like to see a top view of it to see how the exhaust runs into it unless they make their own too which i am sure they do. Plus those rectangle water passages are fully bored out beyond the two hole and modified three hold upgrade. Then there's the spots next to the cylinders where you normally would put the rubber hose to divert water around the cylinder, Its permanent on this motor with just a small relief to let water and air through. Not a critique, not an insult, not complaining, not a compliment. Just an observation in case nobody else caught that critical area in making power. Its almost hidden by the piston. Great work. Just viewing the engine lets you know that the time tested mods from the real racers actually works if these bits are incorporated into a real race motor. Just visually seeing this stuff helps and verifies what you can and/or should do to your motor in your garage to make improvements if your capable.
    If I don't ask any questions, I'll never learn anything.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you notice the relief machined into the bore just opposite from the the aluminum diverters in order to clock the sleeves and keep them from rotating ? These guys at Caldwell have obviously done their homework . I'm going to have to sell an awful lot of blood and enroll in a bunch of new drug tests if ever hope to see one on the back of my boat , though . Wish me luck !!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Greg, I was equally impressed. I also met Ricky, he was super helpful. The build quality and attention to detail is next level.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where can these engines be bought

6. Likes dwilfong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)