Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2002 200xs Optimax and Smartcraft

Hi all you wonderful knowledgeable people.

I need a little bit of help down here in Australia. I have a 21ft v pad bottom ski boat that currently has a 2002 Mercury racing 200xs optimax rigged on it with analogue gauges, half of which don't work or aren't calibrated. Now the closest boat shop is 200km's away and since they couldn't even do the job right in the first place when they rigged it originally I am a little hesitant in sending it to them to have some smartcraft gauges added in. Plus the fact they want nearly $5000AUD to do the job seems like a scam, and don't seem to want to provide me with any formal quote explaining why.
    So in order to save dad some money and as a nice gift from my brother and myself we are going to give it a crack ourselves. I have tried my best to come up with a list of parts I would need so i can order them from the big old USofA and give it a crack.
    I believe i need the following
    • 20ft blue smartcraft loom part number 84-879981T20 this should have a resistor on one end to connect direct to the motor
    • One four way junction box for under the dash to connect the speed and tach harness part number 878492T4
    • One terminator for the junction box part number 859318T
    • One speedo harness part number 84-879978T1
    • One tacho harness part number 84-879979t1
    • Plus then an sc1000 smartcraft tacho and speedo plus any link gauges

Can anyone tell me if I am even remotely correct with these parts or if I am off the mark, help me with sourcing any parts I need, offer any advice as to what I am doing or how to do it. It all seems fairly simple plug and play but you never know. This is made more complicated because we have no manual or that for the motor, but from what I can find online these were the first gen to run the system.Also how am i supposed to get the speedo to show the speed, we currently have no speed at all as I believe there is no pick up on the motor so I guess i need some sort of gps antenna or something.

Thanks heaps

Scott

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Scream and Fly. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along but for the most part you got it right. I just removed my xs and gauges. You called out one more piece than I removed and that is the junction box terminator. Might have been there but I don't recall. The only dif I see is the part numbers on my setup end with an A1 instead of T1. I think the speedo hooks up at the powerhead on the back near the bottom. I did not use mine as I also had gps. Good luck.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"