Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by conmax View Post
    I generally would refrain from posting about boating accidents, but since this razor guy has attacked me, I am doing it in defense. You can find more on offshore only under 2006 big cat poker run. Also, Matt Truillo who used to work for powerboat, brought up this incident in speed on the water again in 2013 as a warning to poker run participants. So much for razor's assertion of never crashing.

Re: Big Cat Poker Run 2006 Pics- Discovery Bay, CA !!!!
    Originally Posted by Lofty
    Hey Jonas, Thanks for the hospitality, you and Tiff are great hosts! We're headed out to Sams for lunch. Get Danny to drop that barge in the water and haul azz down river.

And yes, PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS CHIT! Too many rumors not enough fact will hurt all involved and the sport as a whole.

We'll the media has it now. Did they get it right?

Posted on Sat, Aug. 12, 2006
    email this
    print this
    Two hospitalized after Delta boat accident
    By Lisa Vorderbrueggen
    CONTRA COSTA TIMES

A man was airlifted to the hospital and several others were plucked from the Delta near Pittsburg on Saturday morning after a 30-foot racing boat flipped and triggered a freak pile-up.

The boat, referred to as a "skater" racing craft with its distinctive catamaran-style hull, was traveling about 100 miles per hour when its steering arm apparently broke, said Pittsburg marina spokesman Gene Lacey.

The accident occurred at a gathering of 130 boats at the confluence of Middle and New York sloughs across from the Dow Chemical plant in Pittsburg.

The boaters had just started a day-long poker run, a water version of five-card stud, Lacey said. Boaters travel to a pre-determined list of marinas and restaurants and pick up playing cards along the way. The boat with the best hand wins.

But for folks in five of these expensive watercraft, often called "cigar boats," there would be no winning hand. Instead, two boaters ended up in the hospital, one boat sank and the other boats would suffer thousands of dollars in damage.

Saturday's run began with a shot-gun-style start and the boats roared simultaneously down the slough, Lacey said.

When the steering column snapped and the ill-fated craft flipped several minutes into the event, the speeding boats near it were forced to swerve "and four boats couldn't stop in time," Lacey said.

Two occupants of the first boat went into the water but were uninjured, Lacey said.

Their boat, however, worth roughly $300,000, "was sunk," Lacey said.

As of Saturday afternoon, the boat tilted in the slough nose up with its motor underwater, where it awaited a vessel tow, he said.

A man in one of the boats that collided in the aftermath also ended up in the water and was airlifted to John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, confirmed Sheriff's Department spokesman Jimmy Lee.

Another person was taken to Sutter Delta Medical Center in Antioch.

Their names were not immediately available although Lee said both victims were alert and conscious at the time of the transport.

None of the other boaters were injured and vessels not involved in the accident continued with the poker run, Lacey said.

The other boats involved in the collision suffered varying degrees of damage. Lacey said one boat limped into the marina and was beached on the launch ramp. City staff kept it afloat with a pump until it was placed on a trailer.

Given the large number of boats traveling at high speeds in close proximity, the accident could have been far worse, Lacey added.

"This type of thing doesn't happen very often," he said, "but these poker runs are becoming more and more popular, so they will probably have to shift to a staggered start system."

The Coast Guard and the marine patrol unit of the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department responded to the incident.

Reply Reply With Quote _i
    Wow, so impressive that you can bring this back up from 11 years ago! I never said I didn't have an accident, I stated I have NEVER run into another boat, as you falsely posted. So thanks for posting this for all to see, as it clearly states nowhere that I hit another boat. It also clearly states that the accident was caused by a steering failure - which in actuality was the starboard drive coming completely off the transom. I have never denied my accident, and have posted pictures of my boat upside-down numerous times. My accident was strewn all over the internet 11 years ago, you're a little late to the party...........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Razor_over_8.jpg   Razor_over_6.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sterndrive just snapped off?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cat Fight!!!
    *BLACK MOTORS MATTER*

4. Likes NICE PAIR, Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lake p.a.l. View Post
    Dan is the owner of the boat and he is beyond careful. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have any interest in any kind of challenge like that until he has a ton of seat time but an acceleration run from 50-100 would be VERY interesting.
    Dan and I were the first ones to run his boat together "its not that fast and really doesn't accelerate all that well" -go ahead and race him LOL...

Joe

6. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Dan and I were the first ones to run his boat together "its not that fast and really doesn't accelerate all that well" -go ahead and race him LOL...

Joe
    Yes Dear!! I've been married a long time, I understand.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Demeanor View Post
    Challenging someone to a race driving someone elses boat automatic DQ.
    I think that he wanted to use Dan's boat to be fair and give him a 200 h.p. advantage on the same length boat. Either one of Dales personal boats and he would be in a different zip code...
    Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lake p.a.l. View Post
    Just a thought on the proposed wager, you could both drop off whatever amount was agreed upon at a local bank and have them hold it until the wager is settled, or something along those lines.
    Lake , your much to lily white . I'll see if I can get you enrolled in the
    "Billy Burn Rubber School of Grudge Racing" !

Until then might I suggest brushing up on the Urban Dictionary ...

As they say ... Lock dat in !

One important aspect that appears to have been glanced over is the penalty imposed if one of the said contestants is unable to attend the proposed speed trial once a date , time and wager has been established and agreed apon by both parties as well as funds in US currency have been placed in a mutual financial institution .
    The standard penalty of 10% will be imposed . Which in this instance will be a forfeiture of $1000.00 from the principle.

Or as they say ... 1 stack - punk out ...

Now dear sir ... please pass a rib sammich and the Grey Pou-pon ...

Speaking of translation ....

Wow, so impressive that you can bring this back up from 11 years ago! I never said I didn't have an accident, I stated I have NEVER run into another boat, as you falsely posted. So thanks for posting this for all to see, as it clearly states nowhere that I hit another boat. It also clearly states that the accident was caused by a steering failure - which in actuality was the starboard drive coming completely off the transom. I have never denied my accident, and have posted pictures of my boat upside-down numerous times. My accident was strewn all over the internet 11 years ago, you're a little late to the party...........
    I was driving like a squid and crashed all by myself . Luckily during one of the flips it ripped one of the drive units off , so I had something to blame other than myself . All those other boats that crashed did so trying to avoid hitting me .
    The other time I flipped and the dock I crashed into trying to show off , were also my fault , I just have a real hard time being honest and saying so .

How did I do ?
    Accurate enough to ... earn a few more points on my idiot card ... ????

Hey BTW , is it true that Pete was gonna pay for the Allison so he could get some work done without you pestering him every day ... ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think that he wanted to use Dan's boat to be fair and give him a 200 h.p. advantage on the same length boat. Either one of Dales personal boats and he would be in a different zip code...
    Joe
    Well then Dan should speak up.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have a friend who has a friend who knows of a guy that has a fast boat .... does that count ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    I have a friend who has a friend who knows of a guy that has a fast boat .... does that count ...
    Now youre just being silly.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hes a very humble guy and 100% a gentleman.

Joe

14. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now youre just being silly.
    It's the internet ...

How else ya gonna get 4 pages out of a low water pick-up thread , that got shot down by the warrantee worrier's on page # 1 ....

16. Likes Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey big boy, how is that clamp coming along? I am ready for a Flanigans snack and parts pick up. By the way, I have a few races set up for that Motion so crank up the production (its time to play)...

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lake , your much to lily white . I'll see if I can get you enrolled in the
    "Billy Burn Rubber School of Grudge Racing" !

Until then might I suggest brushing up on the Urban Dictionary ...

As they say ... Lock dat in !

One important aspect that appears to have been glanced over is the penalty imposed if one of the said contestants is unable to attend the proposed speed trial once a date , time and wager has been established and agreed apon by both parties as well as funds in US currency have been placed in a mutual financial institution .
    The standard penalty of 10% will be imposed . Which in this instance will be a forfeiture of $1000.00 from the principle.

Or as they say ... 1 stack - punk out ...

Now dear sir ... please pass a rib sammich and the Grey Pou-pon ...

Speaking of translation ....

I was driving like a squid and crashed all by myself . Luckily during one of the flips it ripped one of the drive units off , so I had something to blame other than myself . All those other boats that crashed did so trying to avoid hitting me .
    The other time I flipped and the dock I crashed into trying to show off , were also my fault , I just have a real hard time being honest and saying so .

How did I do ?
    Accurate enough to ... earn a few more points on my idiot card ... ????

Hey BTW , is it true that Pete was gonna pay for the Allison so he could get some work done without you pestering him every day ... ?
    You are more than welcome to bust my chops all you want. Dale has made plenty of mistakes. I've made plenty of mistakes. I've ridden with Dale in his 30 at 144+ mph. I've ridden with Dale in his 28 @ 114+ mph with 4 people. He was incredibly safe EVERY time my wife and I were out with him and Lisa.
    Bust him up all you want, he is incredibly knowledgeable.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey big boy, how is that clamp coming along? I am ready for a Flanigans snack and parts pick up. By the way, I have a few races set up for that Motion so crank up the production (its time to play)...

Joe
    Both your parts and mine are coming along nicely ...
    As well as others that have been very patient ..

When I won the 2011 Citrus Nationals , I hung up my helmet .
    No regret's and nothing else to prove .
    Now if you pass me out on the river , I might wave or I might lay on the horn button till it melts ....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast