I am a 2 boat owner at the moment. 23' Regulator cc and a 20' Romarine cc workboat. This Activator hull is up for sale locally by the original owner. I am thinking I could go down to one boat if I purchase this one. I rarely fish anymore so, actually spend more time diving and clamming as I like to stay active.

He had the boat built himself. It has a balsa core bottom. How do I know if it has been compromised or not?

It is all composite with the only wood being in the transom. The builder said you could cut it in half and it would still float.

He had run a 250 Merc on it, not sure of which model but he said it was good for mid 60's.

He has the hull only at this point.

I have run a Yamaha 4 stroke 225 on my Regulator for 10 years. Love that engine. I have one that I can purchase for 4k that has had all of the exhaust corrosion updates done to it. Would this be sufficient for this hull ? I know performance hulls do best when they can run up on top of the waves, not sure if that Yamaha will do this or not.

If the Yam is out of the question what would be a good second choice? Or third? I know Accurate Marine In Bohemia are the local Yamaha gurus. Who is the top Merc guy around ? I am located on Eastern Long Island, near exit 70.

I do not have pics to share yet but will as soon as possible.

Thanks for your input!!!!