Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    Joe,what is your opinion on deleting all the emissions garbage and putting a tune in it, wouldn't the aftermarket warranty not care unless it was something blatantly caused by the modifications? I really don't know anyone at a ford dealer, at least around here
    Its been a long time since I was involved with the car business now but I can tell you 100% that any aftermarket warranty company will look for a way out. I would weld the backside of the egr and bolt it back on for a stock appearance. Scott did mine that way instead of an aftermarket block off plate. I can only tell you what my personal experience was and he told me I was good. There sure don't seem to be too many issues surfacing with the 6.7 motors. I don't know if I would even worry about a warranty "You can fix anything that happens yourself and know that its been done right".

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A buddy has a landscaping service over 240k on his 6.7 with no major issues. It is bone stock but does tow every now and then. The early emissions equipment had more issues. Same with the big marine diesels they solve the problems as they arise. Hence going from 4 head bolts per cyl back to 6 per cyl.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MeCapnDave View Post
    Charlie, Your warranty won't be affected by deleting the emissions. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act will apply to the changes you make. The new Chevy dealers are now selling trucks with Pro Comp Lift Kits and performance adders as brand new warrantied vehicles. Just be sure to keep your old Discarded equipment. You shouldn't need to reinstall it but should have it with the truck when you trade it or sell it to a private owner. I was looking for some performance enhancements for my GMC as I'm only getting 22 on the highway and 15 puling the race boat.
    In all the years I worked with warranties, I never heard of this...and yet sure enough it is there....to a point.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/01/w...rmarket-parts/

Good info MeCapnDave

However I might add a bit of caution.

IF you live in an area where your vehicle has to pass emission testing, the above scenario (specifically #4) in the link is not 100% correct. I lived in a county that had emission testing, and also worked at a Ford dealership in that same county. I know some of the tricks people do to get by the testing, and I was empathetic for them and still am. But the facts are there. I haven't done that kind of testing in years, but if the visual inspection shows obvious things like no catalytic converters, etc. And your PCM has fail codes or the "cleared memory code P1000" you will not pass. Some inspections run the vehicles on a tread mill and test exhaust emissions.

If you don't pass testing, you generally don't get to renew vehicle registration.

If you fail your emission testing, modifications or not. It is up to you to get your vehicle emissions back in specifications, not the manufacture. If your vehicle is under manufacture warranty and you take it to them for repair, and you have changed or deleted something to effect the warranty, you are liable for those repairs to get it all back the way it was, not the dealership. IF ALL of the OEM equipment is there, and undamaged, they will correct the emission failure.

What they will NOT do is warranty any part of your vehicle that is not OEM. IF the dealership added modifications, the dealership assumes those warranties unless authorized by the manufacture.

Emission compliance is Federal, thus the reason your emission warranty has provisions that go beyond your bumper to bumper warranty.

HTH

James
    James H. W2F a V-King... Want 2 Fly a V-King

Dedicated Site for Hydrostreams >> http://hydrostreamforums.com/
    My Project 1979 V-King restore >> http://hydrostreamforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2761

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having lived in Maryland until I was 21, I boated primarily on the Chesapeake Bay. With the onerous Liberal lean and the heavy taxes to support the "real deplorables" . the emissions scam was one of the final straws that caused me to move to Florida, where we can boat year round and still no state income tax. The introduction of emissions tax collections under the guise of a cleaner environment will certainly put a damper on those of us that like to go fast, have fun and make big horsepower. The government has already fined some of the after market tuners like Banks and others. It is certainly something to ponder if you live in one of those states. The trucks won't pass the game without all of that inefficient crap hooked up to them, unless your friends with a software engineer at Volkswagon, your screwed !!! That why I made the comment to retain all of that crap so that the next guy can re install it and give the man more cheese . I voted early today, hopefully new management will get rid of all of these ridiculous unnessescary regulations !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mecapndave View Post
    . I voted early today, hopefully new management will get rid of all of these ridiculous unnessescary regulations !!!

amen!!
    James H. W2F a V-King... Want 2 Fly a V-King

Dedicated Site for Hydrostreams >> http://hydrostreamforums.com/
    My Project 1979 V-King restore >> http://hydrostreamforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2761

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Dont go aftermarket stay ford.but wont cover with those things done.i renewed my ford again because my milage was low.but my buddy is serv manager u know my truck i just renewed again its 08.i have strait exaust programmer in take and im covered .bottom line get cozy with the right guy at ford. It works wonders. If not leave it alone..mine has all that done from factory.lift kit and such.but they will tell u any mods 2 motor and they can easily void u.especially emissions. Dont know about dura max but im told that direct from ford.as said its who u know with those things.red rocket out

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks everyone, looks like i'll keep the ford extended warranty then, i'll leave all the emissions crap alone until it becomes a problem. my understanding is that they would have to prove what i did created the engine/parts failure from reading thru all of this. for example, if i removed the cat and def system and the engine blows a head gasket they would have to prove the removal of those components caused the failure, correct?
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On ANY extended warranty, watch for the phrase "warranty does not apply if the failure of a covered part is caused by a part not covered under this warranty"! Just an example - burn a valve due to a failed/lean injector, if the warranty doesn't include the injector the warranty covered valve is on you......read ALL of the parts listed in each section. Bumper to bumper covers everything, so no worries there on this front.
    AIRWALK
    gettin' old ain't for sissies

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MeCapnDave View Post
    Charlie, Your warranty won't be affected by deleting the emissions. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act will apply to the changes you make. The new Chevy dealers are now selling trucks with Pro Comp best jeep lift kits and performance adders as brand new warrantied vehicles. Just be sure to keep your old Discarded equipment. You shouldn't need to reinstall it but should have it with the truck when you trade it or sell it to a private owner. I was looking for some performance enhancements for my GMC as I'm only getting 22 on the highway and 15 puling the race boat.
    Transforming your standard Jeep into something near a monster truck isn’t expensive or difficult.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2