Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will take all of that timeframe unless some Kiwi is holding out with parts for you!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    You've hit the definition of rare and hard to get. Be prepared to settle in for a couple years finding them.
    i was thinking that lol.maybe one day something will come up.fbut for now i will have to do with what i have..was there not alot of the (Super Strangler/Stinger GP) motors made..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    were have all the (Super Strangler/Stinger GP) motors gone...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyt21 View Post
    so i just have to get some stern brackets and i will have a goodoriginal set up. do you know of any for sale any where as i see that part for the (Super Strangler/Stinger GP) are so hard to get...
    You will need more than that. You need the stern brackets, the transom mounting plates, the transom mounting/trim bracket, and the proper the trim ram with pins. If you don't have one you will also need the lift pump--looks like you have the proper trim pump.

John

5. Likes Mark75H liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=JWTjr.;2899326]You will need more than that. You need the stern brackets, the transom mounting plates, the transom mounting/trim bracket, and the proper the trim ram with pins. If you don't have one you will also need the lift pump--looks like you have the proper trim pump.

i know it will be fun looking..do you know if there was alot of the Super Strangler/Stinger GPs made..i know of 4 over here in new zealand..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyt21 View Post
    more photos..
    i am going to get this looking like new..

Annapolis, MD ragboat capital of the world
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Correct, there were very few made. As hard as Merc special racing parts are to find, there were roughly 10 times as many Merc special racers as OMC's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    Correct, there were very few made. As hard as Merc special racing parts are to find, there were roughly 10 times as many Merc special racers as OMC's
    wow i did not know that.so it is something cool to have then..is there some still doing racing like in old school racing in the US.and what one of the two is the hardest one to get the Super Strangler or Stinger GP..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    equal, maybe slightly more Evinrudes, being the name flagship

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kelly, To use the Model KR-15M, a large rectangular hole has to be made in the transom. A rugged heavy duty flanged housing that was supplied with the motor, has to be bolted to the back side of the transom. The housing extends through the hole in the transom and into the boat. (A wet well has to be provided).

A rugged hydraulic cylinder extends from a rugged pin at the forward end of the housing and extends aft through the hole in the transom where it is pinned to the midsection. Please note the large pin hole of the forward side of your mid section. The hydraulic cylinder is operated by it own dedicated hydraulic pump, which is completely independent of the separate hydraulic pump for the one inch up and down travel provided in the swivel. With this system, the motor can be trimmed almost instantly since the hydraulic cylinder is nearly perpendicular to the mid section, and can be done so at each turn on the race course. However, while the motor can be trimmed, the motor can not be tilted up for trailering, etc.

The rugged heavy duty flanged housing that extends through the transom also has two very rugged extensions that go aft and makes contact with the sides of the swivel housing that contains the up and down cylinder. The function of this contact is to absorb the side ways thrust of the motor, and is a must have.

As others have said, the pinned transom brackets shown in your pictures do not belong on your motor. How the KR-15M motor is hung on the transom is another long story.

Also the motor hood for the KR-15M, is extremely light weight, and the hood is so thin that it is translucent where there are no decals. The hood shown on this thread does not have the correct graphics.

Hope that this helps.
    Last edited by Bob Zipps; 10-19-2016 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Spelling

12. Thanks Greg G, Mark75H, Kellyt21 thanked for this post
    Likes Greg G, JWTjr., Mark75H, Kellyt21 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Always great to hear from Bob!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Zipps View Post
    Kelly, To use the Model KR-15M, a large rectangular hole has to be made in the transom. A rugged heavy duty flanged housing that was supplied with the motor, has to be bolted to the back side of the transom. The housing extends through the hole in the transom and into the boat. (A wet well has to be provided).

A rugged hydraulic cylinder extends from a rugged pin at the forward end of the housing and extends aft through the hole in the transom where it is pinned to the midsection. Please note the large pin hole of the forward side of your mid section. The hydraulic cylinder is operated by it own dedicated hydraulic pump, which is completely independent of the separate hydraulic pump for the one inch up and down travel provided in the swivel. With this system, the motor can be trimmed almost instantly since the hydraulic cylinder is nearly perpendicular to the mid section, and can be done so at each turn on the race course. However, while the motor can be trimmed, the motor can not be tilted up for trailering, etc.

The rugged heavy duty flanged housing that extends through the transom also has two very rugged extensions that go aft and makes contact with the sides of the swivel housing that contains the up and down cylinder. The function of this contact is to absorb the side ways thrust of the motor, and is a must have.

As others have said, the pinned transom brackets shown in your pictures do not belong on your motor. How the KR-15M motor is hung on the transom is another long story.

Also the motor hood for the KR-15M, is extremely light weight, and the hood is so thin that it is translucent where there are no decals. The hood shown on this thread does not have the correct graphics.

Hope that this helps.
    thanks for that.i have just got this boat and it has 2 motors with it and two in parts.but now i see it has 4 full motors and 3 in parts so 7 all up.so i will sell some of them.i think ebay lol..what is a good Super Strangler/Stinger GPs going for as i have not seein any for sale.i may know more then me.thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Zipps View Post

Hope that this helps.
    Kelly, Here are pictures of some of the items that are used on the KR15M mounting system. As Bob mentioned, the transom plate (center 1st pic) and the inner transom brackets (far left and right) are extremely hard to find. Unfortunately, these particular ones are not for sale but at least this gives you a visual of the parts that you need to locate. Remember, the fun is in the search! Best of luck finding them. Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN9945.jpg   DSCN9946.jpg  
    Last edited by vintage v4; 12-14-2016 at 08:02 PM.

16. Thanks Mark75H thanked for this post
    Likes Mark75H liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have several pairs of the Transom brackets (L wedges) for sale..
    Last edited by swamppanther; 12-20-2016 at 11:43 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I said in my Post #40 of this Thread, “How the KR-15M motor is hung on the transom is another long story”, and now I would like to follow-up using the images of the parts posted by “vintage v4” in Post #43 of this Thread.

In the image on the Right, the part on the right is the “Transom Bracket”. The image shows the forward side of the “Transom Bracket”. This part was supplied with the motor, but is not part of the motor. Two of these “Transom Brackets” are required, one for the Starboard Side of the motor and one for the Port Side. The “Transom Bracket” is an “L” shaped part, and when it is installed, the “L” is inverted, with the short part of the “L” in direct contact with the top surface of the transom, and the long part of the “L” extending down the forward surface of the transom. There are large horizontal grooves on the forward side of the “L” resulting in large rugged teeth. Although these teeth are somewhat precise, they are not involute gear teeth. As you can see in the image, there are two large bolt holes for attaching the “Transom Bracket” to the transom.

In the image on the Right, the part on the left is the “Stern Bracket”. The image shows the rear side of the “Stern Bracket”. The “Stern Bracket” is part of the motor. Two “Stern Brackets” are required, one for the Starboard Side and one for the Port Side. The “Stern Brackets” are installed on the “Tilt Pivot Stud”, which is the large rugged hollow tube with threaded ends that the motor tilts about. The aft side of each “Stern Bracket” has large rugged teeth that correspond to the teeth in the “Transom Bracket”. However, if you look closely at the image of the “Stern Bracket”, there are two elongated slots on the face where the teeth are located. This allows varying the vertical position of the entire motor within the amount allowed by the slots, and then engaging the teeth of both the “Stern Bracket” and the “Transom Bracket” on both sides of the motor, and then bolting them securely.

It is critical that the “Transom Brackets” be mounted on either structural portions of the transom or structural extensions of the transom since both all of the weight and all the pounding downward force of the motor are carried by these two brackets.

While the vertical position of the motor can be varied within the elongated slots and the selection of grooves of both the “Transom Bracket” and the “Stern Bracket” to mesh, after the vertical position of the motor has been set, a check must be made during set up to absolutely ensure that the side of the hydraulic tilt cylinder does not come in contact with the Flanged Housing going through the transom while tilting the motor through its entire tilting range. The relationship of the bolt holes in the transom and all the holes for the Flanged Housing must be located relative to one another very accurately, and this is accomplished using a template made of Mylar that was supplied with the motor. The Flanged Housing is shown in the center of the left image in Post #43 of this Thread. The image shows the aft end of the Flanged Housing with the two extensions that come in contact with the sides of the Swivel Bracket. Note the large rugged gussets on the sides of the two extensions to absorb the large side loads of the motor. The image shows the Flanged Housing upside down on the table. The top of the flange is in contact with the table.

When I said in my Post #40 of this Thread that the aft end of the hydraulic trim cylinder “is pinned to the midsection”, I must give further detail. The aft end of the hydraulic cylinder is pinned to the Swivel Bracket and not to the Midsection Housing. The Swivel Bracket and the Midsection Housing trim as a unit. However, the distinction must be made here because when the motor is in the one inch power vertical up and down mode, the Midsection Housing moves up and down, while the Swivel Bracket does not. Therefore, the angle of the hydraulic trim cylinder relative to the Flanged Housing is not affected during the power vertical up and down mode.

Well, I said this was going to be “another long story” {). Hope that this helps.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast