Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installation of the helm adapter by Hardin, installation of the 75cc Charlynn helm which is right size for single ram. This was paired up with Verado steering pump for full time hydrostatic steering

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notice the Parker hydraulics fittings.. Not the easiest to find ORFS to JIC, to Swivel 90.. That was a feat in itself

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point I was about 12 months into project and I realized that one I do not have the time required to finish this project and two I am not a professional boat rigger, sent it to Fullers to finalize this. Pictures to follow are Fullers finalizing the rigging first time
    Last edited by aggiestckl; 12-12-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great looking Cat and an awesome trailer you have built. Keep the progress pics coming.

Karsten

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Originally went with a non swivel SS braided hose from the sporty to the bulkhead for the low water pickup. Decided that was likely not going to stay as I didnt want to rub paint off of the mid, and also with the aluminum 1/2"NPT x -12AN fitting in sporty I didnt want issue with dissimilar metals. This would later be changed to a reusable type hose with nylon on exterior, with 316SS on bulkhead side -12AN and an aluminum swivel 90 on the side that does to sporty

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First version of the low water pickup.. Probably not thought out great, it had a bastard 22 degree angle mitered into the pipe and welded. All made of 316SS with 3/4" NPT threads at top, 3/4" piping in first version. Installed with no ball valve.. Not a great idea on my part this time

Installation of the remote oil tank, notice how the storage in the Argo is made specifically for this tank. This must be case for the 2.5 ROS tank this was designed for

Installation of electronics, and stringer mounted shifter into the console made by Jack. Also had to install the switch panel for the Data Tach. These toggles when manipulated are what makes changed to the Data Tach
    Last edited by aggiestckl; 08-11-2016 at 06:48 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point the twin glass tanks were installed with the vents & the flush fills from Eddie. Used thick race style fill line from CP, and I am told it was quite a bear to get it manipulated and installed.

Notice the lashing straps on here. I went with (4) of them so (2) on each tank. Was able to get these at home depot. They are nice because the buckle portion is plastic and no worries of it rubbing through the tank. They are attached through glassed in D rings. It is also interesting that there are (4) more D rings on each side to mount the tanks mid ship, however the stopping plate for the tank is only towards the back

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starting to rig the inside of the boat. Had a nice backing plate made by Strongback out of 1/4" aluminum in lieu of washers to mount the jack plate. Installation of the trim pump was next. Did this with some -4AN bulkheads in SS from CP, had to order up some 90 fittings as the bulkheads had 1/4" NPT internal threads, used 1/4"NPT 90 x -4AN to two stainless braided lines.

You can also see the sea strainer from Hardin mounted in here. This has 2 inlets and 2 outlets to help with mounting positions. For the -12AN dump and bulkheads, the largest line in SS available with NPT ends was 3/4" so I ended up getting -12AN Male x 3/4" NPT Male adapters, and 1"NPT x 3/4" NPT bushings all in 316SS

You can also see the fuel line in here, which is the new gray Mercury ethanol free version although this boat will only see Sunoco GTX260 to ensure no issue with the corn gas

In this picture you can see the HELLA battery switch mounted as well as the fuse for the verado pump to this bulkhead. The white wiring to the left is to the Garmin GPS Antenna 18x HVS NMEA 0183 model, which will later be changed out to the NMEA 2000 antenna for the VV4"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally had wanted to use Stark power lightweight battery for this, however after reading of all the lithium fires, and issues with a Lithium Pro fried the electronics of another members 300x, ended up going with conventional style Group 24, this may move to front after some setup.

Notice how tight it is in the right sponson where the bulkheads are installed as well as the low water pickup. Not easily accessible

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a shot of the peddles installed with the adjustable mounting plate.. Looks pretty good in my opinion

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is picture of the console with electronics installed and the actual shifter and shifter trim ring.

This also gives an idea of the seat covering which was done with very thick red stitching, and punched style vinyl to give that carbon fiber look in black. If I could do over again I may do silver as the black gets hot, but it does look good

Last edited by aggiestckl; 08-11-2016 at 07:16 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are pictures with the carbon fiber style wheel, its unique as its 13-1/2" inches diameter and is made of real carbon fiber, with brushed 304SS spokes. At this point the trim switch was installed in the helm, which required drilling and tapping the chrome bezel. This also required to take it apart to clear the internal bearings for the shaft adapter.

You can see the trim ring adapter on the massive 4-5/8" gauge hole.. Try finding a hole saw that size at local store.. had to order it for right size opening

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is picture of the 15" 300xs hung. This shows the Nass HNR cowling in carbon, as well as the rigging hoses. I got red and black because I thought it would be black and red, These hoses were ordered from a car wash vacuum supply house as they are pretty robust, and actually the same I.D. and O.D. as required.. In the end not the exact colors I wanted but ended up going with this on the first pass of Rigging. Its topped off with some flange adapters made by Lightspeed in SS that really do a nice job keeping the hose fit, tight and tidy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast