Hello. New member here. A couple years ago I bought an old boat, just because I liked the look of it. When I bought it, it came with this large outboard, that looked way too big for this little boat hanging off the back. At first, based on the severely dry rotted wiring harness, the fact several shrouds were currently off, and strewn around the boat with trash, and the starter was missing, were all signs to me that I should not bother with this decrepit relic. But, after doing a little research, I found out it is a 1972 inline six, model 1150, and that these motors are known as "towers of power".
I also found they have a bit of a cult following. "What a cool sounding name" I thought, and then I started finding lots of forum threads regarding this cream puff, questions on timing them, questions on best fuel, questions on water intrusion, but also comments by many singing the praises of this tall drink of water. So I decided to take a stab at getting this old motor back on the water. Earlier this year I moved the motor down to my basement workshop so I could work on it in warmth, and at night as time allowed with the full intention of getting this motor ready for late spring. Well it's late July, and I have not even tried starting it yet, but I have come a long way. As I write this today, I plan on moving the motor out of the basement to the back yard for it's first "live fire exercise". From the beginning, I've been chronicling the ordeal on video, and created a playlist on my youtube channel. Since this website is where I kept finding a lot of good info on this motor, I decided to subscribe, and share a link to my videos in case any other "T of P" enthusiasts would like to follow along. A word of warning, I am not an outboard mechanic, not even a mechanic! So you may see things that may upset a professional, or that are just plain wrong. I do not edit out my mistakes, I usually point them out during editing, or revisit them in later episodes as I learn more about what I did wrong. Sorry about the long winded intro.

Below you'll find a link to my playlist, and also a link to episode one.

Regards,
Steve.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...LwAUO5dEI0SDHQ