Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

A friend and I both 21 Daytona's (his 502 efi-mine 468 rat) were burning up the water ways in Md. Sunday.70 mph side by side,not raceing,just stretching our legs when I start hereing BANG,POW,CLUNK,BURP,thats right BURP! I then looked over and my friend's boat came to a sad halt.Well I got out old faitfull,NO not the tool box,...the TOW rope! While I was towing him back to the ramp,3 miles!boy do I have some NICE color on my headers now! I could see him ripping things apart.By the time we got back to the ramp he had busted #3 push rod in hand.Well we thought the motor would have to come out for sure,NOT SO!By the time I got back to Phila.He called and said he pulled out and replaced the lifter (with the head on!)the old one was ok.Looked at the cam,ok,put in a new Crane push rod and had the motor running!!!said it sounded great!The tip of the push rod found a new home down in the pan,hopefully never to be herd from again...The End!...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking I never get that lucky

My luck would have been got everything togther ran great untiL................you name it would'nt have ended there for me. Glad your buddy had better luck.. Oh yea I thought headers were supposed to be blue.. That crome just dosent seem to last not for me anyway..