Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally101 View Post
    im going to end this keyboard bash with- if i got fu-ked i would be knocking on his door to make this rite u dont live to far that u cant drive there.if i got screwed i would drive a cross country and whip someones ass or they would make it rite when i got there.grow some balls and be a man not a keyboard hero.dave if u have a problem with me i will see u in jasper and we can talk until then yall have fun.ps im not taken up for every deal bill has made only the ones i no about.
    I don't have a problem with you, just your buddy. Why don't you end it with some answers "all knowing"? Easy to avoid a simple question...why wasn't the junk block just sent back at no cost? What is so difficult about that question? Doesn't take a hero on the keyboard to ask that. You said you knew everything..over and over and over and over. Man up and spill your guts. I will be at Jasper. Look me up. I will be in a red and white Allison XTB-21 on the river Friday. Tall guy. Grey hair. Will be driving a white Ford Dually. Kind of funny, your buddy resorted to threats too when the truth started getting close to home.
    Last edited by LongShot; 06-29-2016 at 07:45 PM.
    Dave Hensley

1986 XR2002 /12" Mariner and string steering
    18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

The barn is emptying out!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esox4130 View Post
    MAkes me wondering how nice daves stuff is if he says 2 wrong sleeves in a drag will make a nice lake motor lol. Cuda guys use him because his stuff Lives. Every time I have a issue with anything he says come right up its a hour ride Saturday Sunday doesn't matter and he gets it figured out quick and saves weekends.
    Cuda is in Florida. I am in Tennessee. Go figure. You surely can stumble on some geographical reason.
    Dave Hensley

18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The block wasn't sent back because he had already started working on it and u new it.he got a welded up drag and had to put 2 sleeves in it and u got a new never cranked 280 with a front half that would be urs if u made the deal right.he didn't want to port a new 280 then 're nic it and so on and u wanted a brand new block for ur Allison.the drag was the easiest way and he said y'all were both getting what y'all wanted if the drag block was what it was supposed to be.he said all u have to do is call him u have both his numbers one is shop and one is cell. But I can promise u he doesn't need ur money .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as me I will be in a red Allison in outlaw I'm definitely not hard to find

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally101 View Post
    The block wasn't sent back because he had already started working on it and u new it.he got a welded up drag and had to put 2 sleeves in it and u got a new never cranked 280 with a front half that would be urs if u made the deal right.he didn't want to port a new 280 then 're nic it and so on and u wanted a brand new block for ur Allison.the drag was the easiest way and he said y'all were both getting what y'all wanted if the drag block was what it was supposed to be.he said all u have to do is call him u have both his numbers one is shop and one is cell. But I can promise u he doesn't need ur money .
    He got what he wanted is exactly right. You just left out he wanted to make the deal AFTER he had my block. He didn't own the block when he started working on it and he never told me he was working on it. Sounds about right though for an egotistical DH. The deal was if he could use it we had a trade if not he would send it back. This is not about money, it's about doing the right thing. If he doesn't need money why are there so many unhappy folks he has dealt with? Everything is about money hot rod. He was told it had two sleeves and was welded. He had pictures. If he had told me he wanted to use the block to race with and would send it back after the season I would have sent it. I have enough Drag and 280 stuff to run from now until we are all old enough to forget all of this. Bottom line is he wanted to be in control of the deal and would not respond by text or email so there would be no record of his antics. He knows the drill. Hire a lawyer, file a small claim suit, show up, case postponed, show up again, case postponed, don't show up and they throw it out. I didn't say he was stupid, just a crook.
    By the way, don't let it go unsaid that the 280 front half was welded and looked like it was dropped from a helicopter. He had it listed for a year and nobody wanted it. But I am sure you knew that too. It would make a good door stop.
    Last edited by LongShot; 06-29-2016 at 08:38 PM.
    Dave Hensley

18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gohr has no legal ownership of that motor if he did not pay for it, and should send it back. If I walk up to someone's motor and weld on it, it doesn't make it mine.

I would gladly host a call between Gohr and Dave, record it, and keep it for record if both parties agree. I can have an FBI representative attend as well. Ally101, since you're friends with him, please ask Gohr if he would be willing to talk it out, while being recorded for posterity and legal record.

Also, have him write a letter as to how he came to take ownership of the block, and ask him to provide a copy of the receipt or anything which shows he paid Dave for the motor - a cleared check, receipt of some sort, voicemail, anything. I would love to see it, and it would settle this immediately, clear his name, and really make Dave look foolish.

Ally101, let me know when we can set this up. I have availability the rest of this week.

7. Likes patchesII, frank jackson liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be more than happy to provide bill of sale to me for the block when I bought it, PM's on Allison Forum where Gohr solicited the block from me, text records up until he stopped communicating, phone records where I attempted to call him, excuses why he did not answer, certified letter sent to his home with his signature when received and would welcome the Supreme Court justices, all of them, to sit in on a call. How copy?
    Dave Hensley

18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's 50% in to clear this up. Fingers crossed that Bill wants to clear his name and remove the burden of guilt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    980 views. Not bad. Will not wave the checkered flag yet but it is unfurled and ready. By the way Ally101 your buddy Gohr was asked to send the block back 4 times the first day he looked at it. No work was done. Guess he thought he could strong arm anybody after dealing with the sheep he was used to dealing with. Glad you spilled your bucket so at least it is public record he stepped out of bounds when he started cutting sleeves out of a block he didn't own. Gohr needs to grow, or find, a pair and admit he made a boneheaded decision, make the deal right and all this would go away, well except for all the other folks who have had similar experiences. His problem is that he is an easy target and the rounds will be incoming until he makes a move.
    1149 views and growing so he is getting some really unwanted publicity. We live in a small community so that isn't good. He has my number and he can text me. We used to talk on the phone until he pulled this stunt. Now he can email or text. If it isn't in writing it didn't happen. When you talk to him today, bring him up to speed.
    Last edited by LongShot; 06-30-2016 at 05:58 AM.
    Dave Hensley

18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esox4130 View Post
    MAkes me wondering how nice daves stuff is if he says 2 wrong sleeves in a drag will make a nice lake motor lol. Cuda guys use him because his stuff Lives. Every time I have a issue with anything he says come right up its a hour ride Saturday Sunday doesn't matter and he gets it figured out quick and saves weekends.
    With all do respect, your situation is a bit different, your Dad has been friends with him for years, raced against him, and sent a lot of business his way, of course he's not going to screw you over. Have you ever goggled his name and seen ALL the stories - last time my boat was at his house he was so careless he even scratched it up in the back, and when I pointed it out he replied " Oops " can you imagine if I had done that to his boat.

Like someone else said, if you have deep pockets, he's great and I agree, he is the man when it comes to these motors.....but you never know which Bill you're going to get - the one who will be honest and straight, or the one who will wait for an opportunity to better himself while screwing you over. Even his friends will state he's shady.
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

12. Likes delawarerick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

14. Likes LongShot, delawarerick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    Now that's funny right there...I don't care who you are. - Larry the Cable Guy

Dave Hensley

18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of these guys are so talented ............. It's just a shame they won't run an honest business. They'd be busy as hell.

No dealings with Bill Gohr for myself, but I think I had a Jack/Coke with him once at Firewater 2000.

MDS

17. Likes Michael J Giesler, specboatops liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yes, this is the perfect timing for this ****, please keep the stories coming

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. A shame. He did me a favor one time and I found out what he liked to drink. Sent him a bottle of Grey Goose and a jug of cranberry juice. He needed a set of fishing motor heads, I sent him those and paid his asking price for a set of Drag heads. Jekyll and Hyde type. Might be menopausal...

If anyone wants a 280 block that has never had gas through it, a welded up front half that is in Lake Villa, Illinois and can buy the front half from Gohr let me know. I will make you a hell of a deal on the block. Be forewarned the front half looks like it was dropped from a helicopter and I would have him pay the shipping to send it for inspection before you buy. He tried for a year to sell the block for $4500 and couldn't. I will tell you exactly what I want for the block and if it isn't what I say it is I will pay shipping both ways. Just make sure you use the USPS when you send payment as they are like pitbulls on fraudulent sellers and if I had done so this thread would have never been posted.

1292 views.
    Last edited by LongShot; 06-30-2016 at 08:36 AM.
    Dave Hensley

18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast