Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine had triple engines on it at some point in time. I suspect triple 200's.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hydroskreamin, please do post them up. That would be great!

Thanks for verifying what I thought was going to happen regarding the hatch. I know I would lose a lot of light in there by closing it all up, but it sure would clean the lines up! Do you find the hatch useful now?

I would also like to see your refurbishing project. Do you have pics to do a before/after show'n'tell?
    Beer will not solve all of your problems... but neither will milk!

2005 Lightning 18' Action - 150 Optimax - SOLD
    1982 Eliminator Daytona 23' - Twin 260's - SOLD
    2012 Concept 32FE - Twin 300 Verados

Formerly Central WI/LOTO Currently PHX AZ
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RikuY View Post
    Hydroskreamin, please do post them up. That would be great!

Thanks for verifying what I thought was going to happen regarding the hatch. I know I would lose a lot of light in there by closing it all up, but it sure would clean the lines up! Do you find the hatch useful now?

I would also like to see your refurbishing project. Do you have pics to do a before/after show'n'tell?
    Glad you like, and it's nice to have some chatter with Eliminator guys. I have been looking hi and low for info on these for 3 years now. When the boat goes for interior, I will start a thread chronicling the 2 year process of this unit. It is an unconventional build, as it will be powered by a 400R, and I notched the center pod 6"x60". So yeah, I cut the bottom out of my boat. There's other stuff, too, I think you guys will like, we'll see. Trying to get the bulkheads and floor in so it can go for interior. I really want to splash this thing before the water gets hard here. Since I haven't used it yet (ever), I cannot comment on your hatch question. I'm looking for cabin ventilation from it more than anything. There will be a string of LED's along the top of the gunnel in the cabin for light, so I'm not too concerned about that.

If I get time this weekend, I will try to start a thread with the Eliminator brochures in the Photo&Video section, no promises.

Here is a pic before I started on it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StressEliminatorCart.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	134.4 KB 
ID:	350993
    Last edited by HydroSkreamin; 07-29-2016 at 09:02 PM.
    A problem is only a problem when viewed as a problem...

4. Likes RikuY liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RikuY View Post
    Cool looking Eliminator! I like how clean the lines are! Not a hijack at all, we are talking 23' Daytona's and yours looks great! When I split mine open and refresh it, I am getting rid of the 4 side windows by the registration numbers and the top hatch, so your's gives me an idea how the smooth lines will look.

Your lines look classic to me, do you have a cuddy up front? If not, maybe your balance is off causing the porpoising? Can you stuff some weight up there? Eli, did you have a cuddy in yours?

I am getting my my motors tested for compression and leak down and a good look over by a respected guy here local. I am learning about these 2.5 260's, and I am getting more and more excited!
    it had cuddy the grand kids went in there i went in there in rain storms was not enough room to pokemom tho

6. Likes RikuY liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gents, I've started a thread in the Photos & Videos section with the catalog. Here's a link: http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...06#post2881306

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took mine out today with the props turning in. Still porpoisong at 65 mph. Ugh....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both HydroSkreamin and NICE PAIR have requested setup dimensions so I set it all up and took them today. I've noticed that some folks talk engine height from the bottom of the pod and others talk engine height from the sponson directly in front of the engine. I took the heights 3 different ways and here's what I got with the bottom of the sponsons level to the ground and prop shafts level to ground:

- Prop shaft centerlines are 1/2" above the bottom of the center pod.
    - Prop shaft centerlines are 5/8" below the bottom edge of the sponsons (I didn't realize the center pod was lower than the bottoms of the sponsons).
    - Prop shaft centerlines are 1 1/8" below the sponson, as measured directly inline with the lower unit.

I'm currently in the 2nd highest hole, so I can only raise them 3/4" from where they are without doing any major work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Both HydroSkreamin and NICE PAIR have requested setup dimensions so I set it all up and took them today. I've noticed that some folks talk engine height from the bottom of the pod and others talk engine height from the sponson directly in front of the engine. I took the heights 3 different ways and here's what I got with the bottom of the sponsons level to the ground and prop shafts level to ground:

- Prop shaft centerlines are 1/2" above the bottom of the center pod.
    - Prop shaft centerlines are 5/8" below the bottom edge of the sponsons (I didn't realize the center pod was lower than the bottoms of the sponsons).
    - Prop shaft centerlines are 1 1/8" below the sponson, as measured directly inline with the lower unit.

I'm currently in the 2nd highest hole, so I can only raise them 3/4" from where they are without doing any major work.
    They look low to me, the 3/4" move up cost noting but some time, try it. I'm thinkin they still need to go UP.

Attachment 360230
    Wriggleys gum makes me think of boating, "Double your engines, Double your fun"

11. Likes HydroSkreamin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took mine out today with the props turning in. Still porpoisong at 65 mph. Ugh....
    What happens above 65, does it stop?
    Checkmate 2002 Convincor 270 496 MAG-HO

2003 Cougar 22MTR w/300xs SOLD
    90 21Skater w/300xs - sold
    98 STV Euroski w/280 - sold

2006 Trailblazer SS 6.0l 395hp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroski View Post
    What happens above 65, does it stop?
    No, I haven't been able to go over about 66 with it. It's only prop'd for 75 though (24" bravo 1's).

i really appreciate the guidance, guys. Looks like I'll be raising them 3/4" and maybe putting on some 30's that I have.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like if you moved the motors up 3/4" (putting the bolts in the lowest holes) there appears to be enough material @ the top of your motor plates to drill new holes @ the level of the top holes in the motor brackets.
    That would allow you to start raising the motors 3/4" @ a time till you get up to 1 1/2" above bottom.

Attachment 360231

15. Likes HydroSkreamin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my 23 center line 2" above pod on tunnel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160904_111642.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NICE PAIR View Post
    It looks like if you moved the motors up 3/4" (putting the bolts in the lowest holes) there appears to be enough material @ the top of your motor plates to drill new holes @ the level of the top holes in the motor brackets.
    That would allow you to start raising the motors 3/4" @ a time till you get up to 1 1/2" above bottom.
    I agree!

EngineerMike, generally you use the dimensional difference of the propshaft centerline with drive level to boat bottom directly in front of the drive.

Another thing that I noticed after taking measurements on mine is that the center pod is not level with the sponsons; mine was 3 degrees down. This helps planing, but will also tend to drive the nose down, kind of like dragging a tab. I've always wondered if that is why you see so much positive trim in every picture you see of these things running fast. Most other center pod boats run near level or tucked at speed.

I'm also curious to see where your CG is.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, raised them to the highest hole. Now I'm measuring prop shaft centerline is 1 1/8" higher than the center pod and right at even with the hull directly in line with the engine. Still have to test though. I'm thinking about swapping my 24's out for my 30's also.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, raised them to the highest hole. Now I'm measuring prop shaft centerline is 1 1/8" higher than the center pod and right at even with the hull directly in line with the engine. Still have to test though. I'm thinking about swapping my 24's out for my 30's also.
    I have no idea how much grunt the Yammies have but the Bravos hook up pretty good. You may have to put vent holes in the prop barrels to get it on plane. I run 1 1/4 vents on my 32 Bravos.

If you can borrow some vented 30's, that would be the ticket. (or 28's)
    Get a reference on your trim, and know where it is when your testing, if you have to use a lot of positive trim, you may need different props or a new game plan. excessive + trim is not a cure. Good luck with your test.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast