Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by novajet View Post
    Thank you ,
    I understand about " Toooo " much stuff .
    ACR will stay for sale & when she sells ....... a beautiful boat such as yours , Will be mine !

I was born & raised on L.I. , spent my first 30 years there in the Marine business ………. I wonder if we ever crossed paths ?
    Possibly!
    What is your first name and where did you work?
    Been running all LI waters for many years.

2. Likes Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello ,
    I worked all over the island & new england area , mostly on the S. shore of L.I. . Family biz was a Boatyard in Merrick , 60's & 70's , had my own Boat Transport biz { Precision Boat Transport } ... ran the boat handling division of Fred Chall Marine { Scarabs , Nova's etc } .. and did work for every marina & boatyard . Friends I hung with had Donzi's . Hydrostreams , Challengers { marine cops had 'em too ! } and so on ..... I had several boats over the years but mainly I used my Slickcraft .......... I grew up at Kismet and beyond as my parents were WW2 folks and their friends too , All had boats and All went to Kismet EVERY weekend & all summer { dinking the war away }...... it was a great place to grow up , although my choice of boats since the early days reveals I may not have ever " grown up " . my 22 ' Seebold is up for sale { on this site } and I am going to purchase a comfortable 22' Rally / Apache or similar .
    Todd

4. Likes tux974, Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have always lived on the South Shore, run all Fire Island and out East all summer.
    Kismet you must know John Coen (Superboat)...

6. Likes Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by novajet View Post
    Hello ,
    I worked all over the island & new england area , mostly on the S. shore of L.I. . Family biz was a Boatyard in Merrick , 60's & 70's , had my own Boat Transport biz { Precision Boat Transport } ... ran the boat handling division of Fred Chall Marine { Scarabs , Nova's etc } .. and did work for every marina & boatyard . Friends I hung with had Donzi's . Hydrostreams , Challengers { marine cops had 'em too ! } and so on ..... I had several boats over the years but mainly I used my Slickcraft .......... I grew up at Kismet and beyond as my parents were WW2 folks and their friends too , All had boats and All went to Kismet EVERY weekend & all summer { dinking the war away }...... it was a great place to grow up , although my choice of boats since the early days reveals I may not have ever " grown up " . my 22 ' Seebold is up for sale { on this site } and I am going to purchase a comfortable 22' Rally / Apache or similar .
    Todd
    I grew up at Nicks in merrick all thru those years my father kept his boat there ,,so u must know Skip Pezold he had a small repair shop by nicks

8. Likes tux974, Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tux974 View Post
    I have always lived on the South Shore, run all Fire Island and out East all summer.
    Kismet you must know John Coen (Superboat)...
    Hard to say , most of the guys I hung with didn't have names , everybody had a nick name ..... IE: Atom Bomb , Bite the Bullet , what a mess Les , Lisson , Sach , T K . Hot Rod { me } , Green Man , Danny Man …. Mostly Freeport / Merrick & Baldwin crazy 's .

10. Likes tux974 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly ... I must admit my father ran Raynors Marina , Skip rented the outboard shop from my old man . Skip now has a Antique Outboard showroom in Holiday FL. { well this was 20 years ago now that I ran into him }............my father was a lousy business man { Hard worker but stinky in the biz arena ! } and it was revealed to me when I found out he only Rented Raynors , Not owned as he always told us ……...the owners wouldn't re-rent the place to him and he went O O B . , it's too bad because we worked there from an early age with the anticipation of " One day this will be yours " ……
    But yeah , I ran around Nicks and all the other boatyards …..I loved it !! Boats & boating has been part of my life since those days .
    Cool to hear from someone from my old stomping grounds …………… boats have come a LOOOONG way since those days , Your killer ride proves it !

12. Likes lightspeed, tux974, Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stories i have back then lol i used to run around with a 14 ft sampson with a 40 rude on it used to terrorize merrick bay lol i bought my first car from Skips brother Butch a green 53 olds 88 ,,,,The memories

14. Likes tux974, Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skip had quite the Toy Box back then ! He was a bit anal about it all though , he would pitch a fit when customers came in and got dust on his Black 55 .....
    Remember the Races in Merrick bay ?? Deadly Dave doing barrel rolls at every turn ......... Ahhh Yes !! The memories .........

16. Likes tux974, Frank Molé liked this post
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9