Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    I think you just quadrupled your potential market.

Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think so too!! Now we could take our parts out of our old blocks and put everything in this!! I would love to have one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tarver04 View Post
    Due to overwhelming questions about this block excepting stock internals we at CRT have to decided to run a limited production of said blocks, This will be the gen1 block. It will have the center main bolts will be moved apart, this means that later down the road you will be able to bore the center mains out to except the new crankshafts.
    This was great idea so later can be upgraded very smart move guys good luck this is big

03 j17 skiff 40hp
    79 action 17 2.4
    79 15 viper (sold)
    85 22 velocity 225efi(sold)
    82 31 sea ray

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bid-ness is about to pick up. Chalk one up for the little guys!!! Mother Merc just took one up the.....well...you know!!! Good work CRT. That was a PR win.
    Dave Hensley

1986 XR2002 /12" Mariner and string steering
    18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

The barn is emptying out!!!

5. Likes tux974 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen this and it has blown my mind with its amazing technology. FYI i can understand why the 18k price. It's worth it no taking powerhead apart for one bad sleeve and you can change up horsepower configuration without removing powerhead. Wow wow im sold

https://youtu.be/c2opyvpBY8g

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really shows the versatility of this set up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing for sure, it looks cool.

I was young and bashful back then.
    Today,...I'd just knock on her door,..hand her the crab dope, and say, "Rub summa this on ya booger. I'll be back day after tomorrow".
    -Bristo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 500 blocks sold CRT will be on there way to financial freedom! I think if they can make that many in the first year they will sell them EASY!!! Not sure the time to make one takes probably longer than that but? What a tremendous undertaking and a proof of well... The American Way. Thats coming from a Canadian.. haha i love that you guys at CRT let us know hear a couple of months early as you did as this site and a few others will have a large customer base for you. Ive been hoping for years someone would make a motor suited for the Millions of smaller fast boats that would other wise end up in a pasture before long as the Merc blocks grenade. I know for me its been a real thought over load as to what to do. Do I buy a bigger boat and secum to the 3.0LT+ mainia or semi dangerously hang a motor thats over weight on my Allison. Now I have a Goal to keep the boat i thought was to be the last boat I will ever buy and actually be able to keep her and work toward buying one your engines and give my boating experience a brand new beginning!! Thankyou for That!!

STV,Allison,Hydrostream,Talon,Tuf,21Skater,QuarterShot,Liberator,checkmate, just to name a few types of hulls will benefit from your technology and bring them into a new era of speed and balance on the water. Heck who knows maybe Darris at Allison might not make this run of XR2002,s his last with motors like this available. I realize these motors are intend for race applications but as you know thats the motor we all put on these hulls also. Race motors. So I can see many of these blocks at a sand bar near you. I was telling my Allison about this motor the other day and she hasn't stopped smiling since...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone CRT really appreciates the boating community coming out Supporting us at the Miami Boat Show and making our booth a success and for all the support we got the Greg and the Scream & Fly Family. Matthew has worked endless hours to get the end result everyone saw at the MBS he is a True Artist with everything he puts his heart into. He has a passion for fast boats and always thinking of how to make them better. My hats off to him and it has been a pleasure working with him on this project along with the rest of the guys On the CRT Team.

Mark

11. Likes TripleA, whipper liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that the versatility of having a version that accepts Merc internals will expand your market significantly. For many weekend warriors, this will probably be a progression that eventually leads to the upgraded rolling assembly. Will you be posting some performance data for your various "stages"? Do you see eventual upgrades to some of the bolt on components such as fuel rails and linkage as the product progresses. And finally is there an ETA when you plan to bring them to market for general consumption?
    Beautiful work....
    Go Time
    2003XS GS 225 Promax/ 260 / 280
    26 Regulator twin 250 EFI

13. Likes LongShot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was poking around and found 2014 stats for boats registered in the USA. There were a total of 15.8 million boats registered in the US alone!! just a fun fact. i found that astonishing!! I can see the XCat off shore boys al over the 400hp motor for there twin motor applications. Twin CRT,s should run unreal on those hulls that used to run 280,s now have to run 400R,s The 400CRT being much lighter should prove to be an advantage for them also. Circuit F1 Racers ..Drag racers,recreation fast boat crowd ect.. man you guys nailed it!!

Now we need a new sexy midsections with tuners specific for the CRT. What tuner is recommended in the mid for these motors BTW? Im looking at the 320hp option 15 inch mid section. 280 or 300 drag Tuner work ...? Thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    After 500 blocks sold CRT will be on there way to financial freedom! I think if they can make that many in the first year they will sell them EASY!!! Not sure the time to make one takes probably longer than that but? What a tremendous undertaking and a proof of well... The American Way. Thats coming from a Canadian.. haha i love that you guys at CRT let us know hear a couple of months early as you did as this site and a few others will have a large customer base for you. Ive been hoping for years someone would make a motor suited for the Millions of smaller fast boats that would other wise end up in a pasture before long as the Merc blocks grenade. I know for me its been a real thought over load as to what to do. Do I buy a bigger boat and secum to the 3.0LT+ mainia or semi dangerously hang a motor thats over weight on my Allison. Now I have a Goal to keep the boat i thought was to be the last boat I will ever buy and actually be able to keep her and work toward buying one your engines and give my boating experience a brand new beginning!! Thankyou for That!!

STV,Allison,Hydrostream,Talon,Tuf,21Skater,QuarterShot,Liberator,checkmate, just to name a few types of hulls will benefit from your technology and bring them into a new era of speed and balance on the water. Heck who knows maybe Darris at Allison might not make this run of XR2002,s his last with motors like this available. I realize these motors are intend for race applications but as you know thats the motor we all put on these hulls also. Race motors. So I can see many of these blocks at a sand bar near you. I was telling my Allison about this motor the other day and she hasn't stopped smiling since...
    i would be suprised if mercury has sold 500 drag blocks in the last 15 years and probably not much more than that ever

16. Likes Cp liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How many HP ranges are there or is it anywhere between 260 and ??? depending on cavity inserts and pucks? Is their only one sleeve design and the pucks and cavity inserts create the different HP? Do you think this block makes 300HP with stock internals on pump gas. I don't drag race so I had to ask!
    Last edited by PaulR; 02-16-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whipper, maybe you and I should design the mid-section!, I have always looked at the Mercury solution and thought there must be a better way. Or at least lighter,and with more ways to tune the exhuast. (with some cool anodized highlights ) In all other forms of two-stroke racing the exhaust chamber is a huge part of making the engine produce torque and horsepower at the desired points.

19. Likes FMP liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    How many HP ranges are there or is it anywhere between 260 and ??? depending on heads and pucks? Is their only one sleeve design and the pucks and head inserts create the different HP? Do you think this block makes 300HP with stock internals on pump gas. I don't drag race so I had to ask!
    There are options that make more than 300 horsepower. The motor has already been on the best outboard dyno in the country and the possibilities are pretty high
    Erik Kiser

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast