Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evinrude 250 V8 VRO 1991 - FRESHWATER ENGINE 25" Shaft - $2500 OBO UPDATED New PICS

I have a 1991 Evinrude V8 250 VRO that is currently hung on the back of a 1991 Mako 231 that I have purchased.

I live near Baltimore, MD. The engine will be derigged by Intercostal Marine near Bowleys Quarters, MD. I will take a video of the engine running before it is removed.

The engine has been freshwater its entire life. New powerhead was installed in 2006. # of hours on the powerhead is estimated at 300-400 hours. Engine was winterized in 2015 by Lockeman's in Detroit. Engine got a clean bill of health and runs like a top. It was always lift or trailer kept and stored indoors during off seasons.

I am looking to sell the engine and all controls as I am looking to repower the Mako.

I know many guys on the scream and fly forum like using these engines for racing.

As it sits on the boat it can be started and heard running.

$2,500 OBO / Offers welcomed. Engine will be available either last week of February or 1st Week March.

I can be reached by text or phone @ 443 - six 1 zero - 3 eight 2 six

My FORUM time is spent on Classic Mako and The Hull Truth. Same screen name: bfox76
    Feel the need to share that since I have very few posts on this forum. I was advised this would be a good place to try and sell this engine due to its racing prowess.

- BRAD -

<fieldset class="fieldset" style="margin-bottom: 6px; font-size: 11px;"></fieldset>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6555.JPG   IMG_6553.JPG   IMG_6552.JPG   IMG_6431.JPG   IMG_6429.JPG  

Last edited by bfox76; 02-29-2016 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am open to offers as I am not entirely sure what this engine is worth to someone. Thank you in advance.

Im also open to a trade deal for a 6,000# tandem axle bunk trailer in good shape.
    Last edited by bfox76; 01-26-2016 at 12:49 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you deleted the thread where you asked what it was worth and a few of us took the time to type out a response. I don't think you should say you don't know what it's worth when we already told you. Good luck with the sale.
    Keith-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STV_Keith View Post
    Looks like you deleted the thread where you asked what it was worth and a few of us took the time to type out a response. I don't think you should say you don't know what it's worth when we already told you. Good luck with the sale.
    No sir. Please know I did not delete that thread. I believe a moderator deleted that thread without notice because I posted in an incorrect location. I never received any input on value.

I'm just a guy trying to sell a nice clean engine and took the advice of others that this forum was a good place to start. My apologies if it appears any different.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intercoastal Marine near Bowleys Quarters, MD will be derigging this engine for me. I am repowering with a Etec 250 HO (NON G2).

Open to offers.

Engine and all controls will be available either last week of February or 1st Week of March. I will take a video of the engine running before it is removed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Price Update - $2,500 OBO

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to help with crating and shipping the engine to you are your expense. IF we can come to a decent agreement, I may cover the crating costs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfox76 View Post
    No sir. Please know I did not delete that thread. I believe a moderator deleted that thread without notice because I posted in an incorrect location. I never received any input on value.

I'm just a guy trying to sell a nice clean engine and took the advice of others that this forum was a good place to start. My apologies if it appears any different.
    Long story short then, I said the first thing any perspective buyer will want to know is if the gearcase will come off. If the gearcase will come off, that's MUCH better than if it won't. Given that the midsection shows signs of sitting in water, it's possible for the lower to be frozen in place, or the driveshaft to be frozen into the crank from the bottom. I won't post my original response as to what I thought that engine was worth, since this is a for-sale thread.
    Keith-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STV_Keith View Post
    Long story short then, I said the first thing any perspective buyer will want to know is if the gearcase will come off. If the gearcase will come off, that's MUCH better than if it won't. Given that the midsection shows signs of sitting in water, it's possible for the lower to be frozen in place, or the driveshaft to be frozen into the crank from the bottom. I won't post my original response as to what I thought that engine was worth, since this is a for-sale thread.
    Keith,

Thank you! Much appreciated.

There is nothing frozen in place for this engine. There are signs on the midsection that the engine sat in water, but that is over many many years and I can assure anyone that nothing is frozen or seized. The owner I purchased this from, bough it from the original owner in 2013 and has not been used very much at all. It was exercised and winterized. And I fully understand those concerns. I will be posting a video of the engine running next week.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When is the last time it had a water pump? That should answer those questions

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 87EluderBP View Post
    When is the last time it had a water pump? That should answer those questions
    Water pump replaced in 2014. So She will be due for new one this year and low unit oil change.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then it should come apart

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 87EluderBP View Post
    Then it should come apart
    Correct. My thoughts exactly.

Lockeman's in Detroit, Michigan winterized this engine in November of 2015. David the owner told me compression is good and even all around and it was running like a top.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a deal can be worked out, I will include the steering controls too.