User Tag List

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FMP View Post
    V4s all over the place, anybody can do that! Make something that nobody has . The recipe works.
    Agreed.

I was at a boat race in Houston a few yrs back and saw a small Hydrostream bowrider that had a 5 banger Chrysler/Force on it.
    Motor was all painted up and had ghost flames on it. Never found that guy either but was one of my favorite boats there.

home made,
    most of us find that our first, smallest, simplest boats were our favorites. My first one was also 14' w/a 25 and then a 40 on it. My buddy and I figured out that for $13. (30 yrs ago) , that's $6.50 each, we could gas the boat, buy a qt of 2 stroke, bag of ice, 12 pack and enough tow pig gas to get the boat to the lake for an evening of skiing. We used to go through the week after work and would be the only boat on the lake.
    $13!
    Almost always had female volunteers offering to go w/us too. Now everyone things you need a 35' cat.
    They ain't smart enough to realize, it ain't the boat
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

2. Likes FMP liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Instigator View Post
    Agreed.
    Almost always had female volunteers offering to go w/us too. Now everyone things you need a 35' cat.
    That's the best part ! There's always fem-bots to join. Helps when my "helper" brings girlfriends and sisters

This isn't my first go-around with boats. About 5 years ago I bought and restored a 16'6" Checkmate Diplomat. One of the few checkmate bowriders. Had a 120 Force on it, high pitch prop, and was good for about 55mph. Real fun boat, and got me laid quite a few times in the coves behind some islands in RI !

4. Likes FMP liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ghost flames on an F5, different and agreed it isn't the boat.

Agreed.

I was at a boat race in Houston a few yrs back and saw a small Hydrostream bowrider that had a 5 banger Chrysler/Force on it.
    Motor was all painted up and had ghost flames on it. Never found that guy either but was one of my favorite boats there.

home made,
    most of us find that our first, smallest, simplest boats were our favorites. My first one was also 14' w/a 25 and then a 40 on it. My buddy and I figured out that for $13. (30 yrs ago) , that's $6.50 each, we could gas the boat, buy a qt of 2 stroke, bag of ice, 12 pack and enough tow pig gas to get the boat to the lake for an evening of skiing. We used to go through the week after work and would be the only boat on the lake.
    $13!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FMP View Post
    Ghost flames on an F5, different and agreed it isn't the boat.
    I'm a hot rod OMC guy so I understand the thing about being different. Trying buying ANYTHING Hi Perf for one.
    You don't buy it you make it or pay someone else to.

I love the idea of a hot rod Chrysler, have been saying it for yrs. Not all of us think the holly grail is owning a 300 drag.
    It's been done
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

7. Likes keefallan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might have to make it but then it turns into the accomplishment that only adds to fun. In this case the cool factor with a built " one of " will add to the total. I don't know but keeping it close to home with C/F power will fit the bill ,even a FORCE painted white with the right old cowl tages on it if it was built right. Not to say anything against the v4s. This little boat is light and will be fun. I like these self built threads. Still thinking about those ghost flames on the F5.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just gotta find me a 120 Force come spring time.
    What do folks do to the Force motors to get more power out of them? The extent I'd know about is new thermostat, Waterpump kit, and a fuel pump rebuild. I had a mid 90's force on my last checkmate that never missed a beat. Looked like this one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	force.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	333061

In new England, its kinda funny. You want to buy an outboard? It usually comes with a free crappy boat and rusted apart trailer that isn't road-worthy haha

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or 13 boats in their signature...come up to Erie where the big boys play, 35' cats fit right in. Sorry, do not care for you implying lack of intelligence and correlation to boat size.
    Not fast enough

11. Likes MegaBaron liked this post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRider View Post
    Or 13 boats in their signature...come up to Erie where the big boys play, 35' cats fit right in. Sorry, do not care for you implying lack of intelligence and correlation to boat size.
    For real?
    Dude if the shoe fits........

I have no problem w/the big go fast boats. Owners w/attitudes, some times.

As to big water on Erie, when I had my first 24' Sonic up there, I was in Leamington Ontario, Pelee Island (also Canadian), as well as the other popular US islands .
    On those trips I hardly ever saw the big go fast boats.
    Most of those I did see, went the 3 mls to Kelleys Island and went no further.

2nd 24' Sonic was in Fla and did all the Keys multiple times and most of the intra coastal on the east coast.

We stayed on both boats ALL nights, mostly at anchor.

Moved back to Ohio last fall, bought a 22' cuddy for Erie while shopping for a cruiser.
    Had it to Huron, Middle Bass and Kelleys. Through 5's a couple times and 7' to 8's once.

Bought a real cruiser in August.
    For the couple months of season we had left, we did Pelee twice, Middle Bass, 3 times and Kelleys 3 times. Again, spending all nights on the boat, one at anchor.
    How about you?

I list my past boats in my signature to help show experience to those that read my threads/advice not knowing whether to trust me or not.
    Not to pick up girls.

Sorry for mucking up your thread home made.
    Last edited by Instigator; 12-10-2015 at 06:01 PM.

13. Likes loop liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FOR REAL!!!
    Erie is fun , if you ever get up on the BAY you might not want to go back.
    KEEP looking for that motor, I saw a low hour on a TX add. Late models are good but they need white paint and such greatness. Although they use top guide pistons from 95 on , Merc stuff. THe lower is also Merc so no low on the side bullet water pickup. Basic stuff like squaring ports etc , shaving head 165 psi,slam transfers, better coated Wisecos. Reeds cage work , timing, a bit of jetting no carb covers. It's still almost a CHRYSLER but not that cool .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For real?
    Dude if the shoe fits........

I have no problem w/the big go fast boats. Owners w/attitudes, some times.

As to big water on Erie, when I had my first 24' Sonic up there, I was in Leamington Ontario, Pelee Island (also Canadian), as well as the other popular US islands .
    On those trips I hardly ever saw the big go fast boats.
    Most of those I did see, went the 3 mls to Kelleys Island and went no further.

2nd 24' Sonic was in Fla and did all the Keys multiple times and most of the intra coastal on the east coast.

We stayed on both boats ALL nights, mostly at anchor.

Moved back to Ohio last fall, bought a 22' cuddy for Erie while shopping for a cruiser.
    Had it to Huron, Middle Bass and Kelleys. Through 5's a couple times and 7' to 8's once.

Bought a real cruiser in August.
    For the couple months of season we had left, we did Pelee twice, Middle Bass, 3 times and Kelleys 3 times. Again, spending all nights on the boat, one at anchor.
    How about you?

I list my past boats in my signature to help show experience to those that read my threads/advice not knowing whether to trust me or not.
    Not to pick up girls.

Sorry for mucking up your thread home made.
    I have had a lot of boats, that's not the point. Your idiotic theory that people with big boats don't get it, is just that...idiotic. You and your long winded BS, I could care less. Actually, you called me stupid...
    Not fast enough

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had a lot of boats, that's not the point. Your idiotic theory that people with big boats don't get it, is just that...idiotic. You and your long winded BS, I could care less. Actually, you called me stupid...
    Jrider, how about get over the crap that is a way you started so we members that care about this resto can get back to the project progress....I could care less about how many boats, who has what...hell I have 3 Harley's, 3 boats, 3 Corvettes, 2 H3 Hummers and a couple CAN AM ATV....So what.

This post will end up dead here soon.

Karsten

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
    Jrider, how about get over the crap that is a way you started so we members that care about this resto can get back to the project progress....I could care less about how many boats, who has what...hell I have 3 Harley's, 3 boats, 3 Corvettes, 2 H3 Hummers and a couple CAN AM ATV....So what.

This post will end up dead here soon.

Karsten
    Like I said, what you have (or anyone else) is not the point. I give the OP a thumbs-up for what he's doing otherwise I wouldn't have posted. What I don't get is the dumb a$$ comment from instigator.
    Not fast enough

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said, what you have (or anyone else) is not the point. I give the OP a thumbs-up for what he's doing otherwise I wouldn't have posted. What I don't get is the dumb a$$ comment from instigator.
    Owning Corvettes I get his comment if you own C3-C4 Corvettes some of the Elitist that own C5-C7's wont give you the time of day. Some Harley owners wont wave at Metric Owners as they just don't care and with boats it is the same way....If you don't have the newest, the biggest the best you sorta don't count as a boat owner to some.

Personally I like my older stuff, improving on 1971-78 technology and methods....I am sure others wonder what the hell is he wasting time and money with that for.

It is not what you have, how you got it and what the hell you do with it it is how toy treat others and their respect for what they have.......Just maybe someone with a little old 16 ft run about is raising a family and that is all they can afford....but at least they are out there enjoying life and not looking down on people.

Treat others as you would want to be treated....I like the big boats, I like the small boats, I like the new Corvette and I like the really old ones.

Now let's get back to this Awesome Bayliner resto and great glASS work.....Just a joke.

Karsten

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iNSTIGATOR's quote" Almost always had female volunteers offering to go w/us too. Now everyone things you need a 35' cat.
    They ain't smart enough to realize, it ain't the boat "
    JRider, I think what instigator meant was that girls like the guys, not the boats. Some sarcasm I sensed, and agree with haha.
    Theres some toolbags I know of that have $15,ooo jetski's, and never understand why the women are still flocking around me and not them hahaha
    Same goes with some guys I know that have very large boats... It ain't the boat if you know what I mean.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to look at a 90hp force for just a hundred bucks tomorrow. I don't see a flywheel on it, but for the price, I'll just rebuild it anyway. Better than a 50! Not as good as a 120
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast