Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to set the record straight. I did talk to Pyro about his prop and mentioned I had a Bridgeport cowl I was listing because I didn't need it. He indicated he wanted to make a trade. I told him considering the other BP cowl was $900 I was going to list mine. He told me that seller is
    crazy and it would never bring close to that. I informed him that if there was no interest I would talk to him about a trade if after my prop testing today I thought his prop
    would work for me,which by the way it wouldn't. Next thing I know this guy is blowing up my phone with texts bad mouthing me saying I must be broke and need every nickle I can get,which is so far from the truth its ridiculous. I didn't promise him a damn thing. I simply listed a part and got a TON of responses. The first buyer texted me and said he would take it,sent the money today so he owns it. End of story.
    Pyro, if you would like to run your mouth more to me or about me,your only 45 minutes away. Your a real badass on that keyboard. Texting tough guy.

Get a grip.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said that if the trade wouldn't work, then I would still like to buy it. You wouldn't tell me how much you would take for it, other than mentioning Ace's cowl price, which is a 10/10 show piece, and has still NOT sold, by the way. You wouldn't offer me the chance to buy it outright, because you wanted to list it on Scream and Fly instead.

Im just solidly pissed that you sold this out from under another local boater without even offering me an asking price for it. I'm angry that you would rather list it, wait for payment to clear, pack it, ship it, instead of just saying, "here's what I want for the cowl, I know you've been looking for one for a long time, and I would rather make a deal with a local boater who promotes our sport", instead of putting it up for sale here, a place you NEVER even visit unless you want free advice or have something to sell.

I was born and raised in Michigan, we're a tight-knit group. I personally know most of the other hot boaters in Lansing. They wouldn't treat me like that, or make "45 minute away tough guy" threats.

Good luck making any real friends on the water with that kind of attitude.

Its about time to get out of this sport if this is the kind of company I'll have to keep.
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pyro take a hike then. Your crybaby banter about getting out of the sport because you have an issue with this guy is so "high school". In the same post you say your a local boater who promotes the sport? So are you promoting the sport by threatening to leave the sport or try and make it better? Do you act the same way at home when you want some ice cream and your wife wont let you because its for the kids? Like Rich said "take your meds" Get over it and go buy the one you said is still available for the same price from ace wich is in top condition or take a hike. Problem solved.
    Rob Lankford

1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

Previous owned boats worth mentioning

1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And again as I mentioned on Facebook where you are also bashing this seller, you had the best opportunity of anyone to buy this cowl. You knew about it before anyone else. If you wanted it as bad as you say you did, you could have had it. Instead you offered trades and then never pursued the buyer for his price. The crux of your argument is that the seller didn't do what you wanted him to do, which is hold off on selling it to anyone but you because somehow by virtue of your localness, your contributions (?) to this hobby, and the fact that you "really wanted it", you deserved it more than anyone else! How entitled and self-aggrandized can you get? To top it off, you continue by publicly whining about how you have another kid on the way, your truck has 260k miles, you can't afford a larger home, and on and on and on. What a public whine for sympathy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Merc View Post
    Pyro take a hike then. Your crybaby banter about getting out of the sport because you have an issue with this guy is so "high school". In the same post you say your a local boater who promotes the sport? So are you promoting the sport by threatening to leave the sport or try and make it better? Do you act the same way at home when you want some ice cream and your wife wont let you because its for the kids? Like Rich said "take your meds" Get over it and go buy the one you said is still available for the same price from ace wich is in top condition or take a hike. Problem solved.

Rob , This guy has one of the nicest Hydro Streams Around , and is Pissing all Over The Internet over an Out Dated Cowling .
    Can you imagine what he'd be like if he had to own some of the beat up junk I've had to nickle and dime to gather over the years !
    Hell , I'd run a Clam Shell Cowl on my junk if it ment getting back on the water .

This guy has issues that run much deeper then boating and being broke !

Hell , My house is to small , my boats live out it the yard under a tree , and my Ex Wife , stole all my good stuff !
    I Don't Care ...Lets Go Boating !!!

Rich Martin 018
    HAVE BATTERIES , WILL TRAVEL !!!

6. Likes TEXAS20225 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John Tiger and Rich Great posts!
    Rob Lankford

1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

Previous owned boats worth mentioning

1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I don't get sometimes about S & F. Stuff happens, I know, but this is not Pyro's first incoherent rant--it is one in a stream of many, just spaced out over the years. But in this one he badmouths the seller who did absolutely nothing wrong, and to top it off he badmouths everyone involved in this hobby. Yet it goes on, and others have been banned for less or similar offenses. Enough!!

9. Likes TEXAS20225 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11. Likes TEXAS20225 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JWTjr. View Post
    This is what I don't get sometimes about S & F. Stuff happens, I know, but this is not Pyro's first incoherent rant--it is one in a stream of many, just spaced out over the years. But in this one he badmouths the seller who did absolutely nothing wrong, and to top it off he badmouths everyone involved in this hobby. Yet it goes on, and others have been banned for less or similar offenses. Enough!!
    Yep things have changed. The amount of bad mouthing going on is ridiculous!
    I see people selling regular products they manufacture in quantities without a "Vendor" status and they're still up and selling. I know in the past that wouldn't happen. Must make all the paying vendors feel pretty good!
    Then there are the paying vendors that regardless of the crap they put out still manage to stay on the site because of legal threats.
    Dang!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a nice cowl !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a $900 cowl though. The buyer paid $750 plus shipping, and apparently it was worth the trouble to pack it. Not sure I would have wanted to pay top dollar anyway for a cowl with peeling decals, that was run with no top pin. Maybe I should talk to Ace.

When I got my 260 cowl, they were $400-500 all day long in good condition. Not sure how the prices got so out of control to begin with. Maybe all the parts flippers on here that can't find a real job?

I didn't mention ANYBODY by name on Facebook.
    Last edited by pyro; 07-25-2015 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you admit you wouldn't pay my asking price but someone else is and I'm supposed to sell it to you anyways? Why? Because your local ? Please.
    Get over yourself and quit your whining and ranting. Nobody is interested in hearing it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have paid. You wouldn't tell me your asking price, because you didn't want to sell it locally for some reason. You were only interested in listing and selling it here.

You only come on this forum when you want free advice, or if you need to sell something.
    Last edited by pyro; 07-25-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had not decided what I wanted for it when I talked to you. I didn't even know what to ask until a talked to a friend of mine who is also a member here. He suggested a higher price but I wanted to have it priced competively.
    Also I thought that's what these forums were for,to exchange information about our boats. To share with each other what works and what doesn't. Not to sit here a bash somebody because you didn't get your way. Buy Aces cowl for 900. After all it's a show piece. Your words.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All you had to do, is say, "$750 firm", but God forbid I would be allowed to buy it for any price. Why did you bother texting me all those photos?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast