Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rayzor, if you are not a fan of outboards, sell Dirk the skater with the eggbeaters. He will take the repair bills off your ledger.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rayzor, that 28 is gorgeous
    24 Skater 250xs
    15 Viper 2.5 260

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use to have a Skater 32 powered by 3 X Evinrude V8 XP 4 liter High Performance and offshore gearcases.

Plenty of pictures here..sorry for Swedish text only.

http://svera.se/blogg/smorgardsbord/...snabbaste-bat/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lars strom View Post
    I use to have a Skater 32 powered by 3 X Evinrude V8 XP 4 liter High Performance and offshore gearcases.

Plenty of pictures here..sorry for Swedish text only.

http://svera.se/blogg/smorgardsbord/...snabbaste-bat/
    that boat must have excellerated like a rocket very cool.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the G1's only come in 25" legs?

79st,Eliot,fl keys,world wide action Ryder yeah hoe
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmalkow View Post
    https://youtu.be/QRcEf-tCTFY

Heres a 28 with 300 Etecs. Hope link works. He has a few more videos of it too.
    Marks old boat I heard it went in the 90s with no low water pick up😂and has 25" Mtrs complete bag of worms

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk View Post
    Guy asks for info on skaters with evinrudes and gets bombarded with why the typical 30 year old setups are best. Now why million dollar inboards are better

its all setup 280 hp is 280hp is 280hp it doesn't matter the color if you use your noggin.
    Kev , you expected this to stay on topic ... Pfffffftttttttt

When I raced in Top/Dragster , I took the easy way like 99% of the people did and used a 706ci Chevrolet/Big Chief , powerglide , 9 inch ford in a 250" wheelbase car. Drive it with one hand to easy 6.60 / 209 mph run's , time after time. I could have went with a Ford or Mopar to be different. But racing like a mad man , took priority.
    It's the same with the cat thing. Bought my Motion , put a new dress on the ol gal , found a bunch of X stuff layin around. What I didn't have , I built myself. But for the most part, did the sheeple thing ...
    It seem's to me , that the 1% guys like yourself , Gordon , Dave Bush , Ray Leach , Rick George ... might work on / put up with / other people's black motors , but it's no secret, their hearts are in the white motor camp.
    I admire the effort guy's like you put into not only getting a white motor to run with the majority , but in the above mentioned , to dominate their perspective classes.
    There has been some behind the scenes effort as of late, to bring back some of the parts needed to make building a big inch OMC V-8 much less of a scavenger hunt .
    I bet there will be a pair of the prototypes on the new DW/RGR 28' when it hits the water.
    I can hear it now , they don't have a warranty , they are not a regular production motor , it's not a skater , I don't really race , BlaaBlaaaBlaaaa.
    Everything except for , I got nuttin for them guys ....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Kev , you expected this to stay on topic ... Pfffffftttttttt

When I raced in Top/Dragster , I took the easy way like 99% of the people did and used a 706ci Chevrolet/Big Chief , powerglide , 9 inch ford in a 250" wheelbase car. Drive it with one hand to easy 6.60 / 209 mph run's , time after time. I could have went with a Ford or Mopar to be different. But racing like a mad man , took priority.
    It's the same with the cat thing. Bought my Motion , put a new dress on the ol gal , found a bunch of X stuff layin around. What I didn't have , I built myself. But for the most part, did the sheeple thing ...
    It seem's to me , that the 1% guys like yourself , Gordon , Dave Bush , Ray Leach , Rick George ... might work on / put up with / other people's black motors , but it's no secret, their hearts are in the white motor camp.
    I admire the effort guy's like you put into not only getting a white motor to run with the majority , but in the above mentioned , to dominate their perspective classes.
    There has been some behind the scenes effort as of late, to bring back some of the parts needed to make building a big inch OMC V-8 much less of a scavenger hunt .
    I bet there will be a pair of the prototypes on the new DW/RGR 28' when it hits the water.
    I can hear it now , they don't have a warranty , they are not a regular production motor , it's not a skater , I don't really race , BlaaBlaaaBlaaaa.
    Everything except for , I got nuttin for them guys ....
    so just so I understand you Like evenrudes????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt View Post
    so just so I understand you Like evenrudes????
    I drive Ford's and race Chevy's ..

Last week at the Stuart Sandbar there were a couple hundred boats . More than half of them had Yamaha's . Three quarters of those were four stroke's. Many of the rest were older boats with newer Suzuki's. The rest were made up of equal parts of Mercury's and Evenrude's . Only a single Action Marine with a older lookin 2.4 or 2.5 Merc.
    That's what the general boating population takes to the water year round. So I guess if I were normal , I would say I didn't care for either one . But since I'm not normal , I guess you could say I like both black and white mota's ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Rigged View Post
    there is only 1 skater every rigged with twin Evinrudes and that was because overseas where he boats the 300xs's did not meet the emissions.
    Bringing this old thread back up: do you know anything about the Miami Skater that was rigged with 300 etecs, e.g. were the tanks done?<object id="__symantecPKIClientMessenger" data-supports-flavor-configuration="true" data-extension-version="1.0.1" style="display: none;"></object>__PRESENT
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4