Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At least I found a good use for the front porch that I aint got time to just sit there anyway! Always out back in the shop. Have another 10 footer "Olympian" dingy (like little Boston Whaler) that I got free from another here. Had a leak in the keel from dragging it up on rocky beaches. FG'ed it, bottom paint so can sit summer in the water slip. Had a trailer that needed some work. Flipped upright now and gotta start doing the topside, rig, etc. On the Mini, keeping a eye out for cable steer, throttle, and a "comfy chair". But both on hold as summer, big boat in the slip, Flatbottom in next. Gotta have "spare boats" right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep Gutta have spare boats. Like he said below"too much is never enough"! I would never be satisfied with just one.... think I got 17 with all the old wood and glass ones I have stored .... I'm into old outboards too but thats another story. But my real love are the "go fasts". Gary
    "12" Super Lite Tunnel (11') "88" 25 Yammy twin carb "BANANA SPLIT"
    "77" Hydrostream Viper "87" 140 Rude heavy modded w/15" mid, Bobs nose and lwp "DANGER ZONE"
    "72" Checkmate MX-13 "80" 75 Rude w/15"mid and Nitro Lu (to be restored)

"Too much is never enough" Keith Richards " Dreams become reality via hard work and perseverance" G.A.Carbonneau

"This coming from an old man that strapped two bananas together, hung a motor on it and calls it a boat" XstreamVking

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olboatman View Post
    Yep Gutta have spare boats. Like he said below"too much is never enough"! I would never be satisfied with just one.... think I got 17 with all the old wood and glass ones I have stored .... I'm into old outboards too but thats another story. But my real love are the "go fasts". Gary
    Yep, as know here ya coming from. AND? If ya lucky enough to "get started" 60 years ago? I started out a kid with mini bikes, go karts, and my "first boat" (6 foot) from my Gearhead dad and same older bro. "Best damn" hand me downs a kid could EVER WANT! But Gary? THINK the "progression" boats since the 50's! DAMN! Never in my wildest dreams would think "LOTO Shoot out" doing damn near or over 200 MPH? Gotta love the "young bucks with bucks" to pull THAT chit off!

But kinda funny me as thinking it now? As said young? HA! What do I still own? Damn Gokart, Mini's, and 8 foot boats? Plus the bigger fast chit and HD bikes which somehow got REAL heavy?..so that called getting older the ""progression life". Ya start out naked, then diapers, then soon..."is this the throttle dad"? Rest ya damn well know. So I'm "back to childhood" and damn sure don't need a "Diaper" yet as all I need is a "tree or bush" Gotta chitload pix old in the house me, and post later. Sorry if hijacking the thread..as if outta line? Let me know. And again, pretty sure thats a "Sea Flea".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here ya go..(Gary? this is the way to get old..(not up!) Some random pix me and dad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dad-Cruiser.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	322234

Name:	My first boat!.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	322235

And later me at 14? What else! "Ampficar!" SUPER FUN A KID! Splash and engage the props, toot thge horn, and "turn siginals on left/ right!

Name:	Amphicar.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	322236

5. Likes olboatman liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2