Hi Guys,

Just picked up a new to me '92 Concord with a 200xri on the back. Owned several boats over the years, but the closest thing I've ever owned to a "performance" boat. It is a semi-rare open bow family boat that will be primarily used for skiing / tubing... and the occasional speed runs of course!

It came with a Laser II 21p prop (and a Ron Hill (?) cleaver under a seat I haven't touched yet) and has no setback or lift. Finally got to run it through some paces and it has a sweet holeshot with a full tank of gas and 4 people like I've never had before (21p), some other areas I have to question.

At WOT it's turning over 6k and up to 7k when trimming out and a lot of spray coming from the starboard side of the engine / prop. While turning 7k, it sure sounds comfortable and not like it's being overworked or running too hard. I even question if the tach is wrong (?). Also need to note it still has the oil inject hooked up. Lastly, when turning over hard at slower speeds , the prop ventilates more than I'm used to or would like.

So, keeping in mind it's a "family boat", I'd really like to get the RPM's down and get more bite in a hard turn. Searching here it seems running 7k isn't completely insane if I was premixing but I'd prefer not to push it that hard and would like to oil inject. Before researching around here, I would have thought anything over the 5800 spec would be detrimental / crazy.

With all this, what would your recommendations be for a prop swap? Still want some pull for skiers, but think I'll be fine no matter what with the 200. I'd like to small step to a 23p but seems a 26p would get me down closer to a comfortable rpm range. No idea how a 4 blade would impact everthjng either (more turning bite?). Anything else I should be considering here?

Sorry so long, but figured it's all relavent to the equation!

Thanks in advance.
Hess