Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three Lakes Shootout & Fly-in , June 26 & 27, 2015

Yes boys & girls! It is that time again for some early summer fun in Three Lakes! The Shootout is all set for Friday & Saturday, June 26th & 27th. The event will be nearly identical to the last 7 years with the Tour of the Lakes on Friday, leaving from Pine Isle at 2 p.m. sharp. Last year we had 32 boats on the Tour to rave reviews from the folks who live on the water. The Tour is followed by the static display of the boats at Bonnie's Lakeside from 5 to 8 p.m. We've increased the room for the Hydrostream Alley lineup too. Discounted registration at Bonnie's with a free meal & drink for anyone who registers Friday. (Many then store their rigs safe, indoors, out of the weather, free of charge at Anchor Marine at night. Call "Pauly Walnuts" Aschenbrenner at Anchor to reserve a spot @ 715-546-8333)

Racing fun begins Saturday at Anchor Marine / Sunset Grill. If you haven't registered by Friday night, get to the race site NLT 9:30 to register & have your boat tech'd. Mandatory driver safety briefing at 10:30 in the big tent with racing to begin at 11. We've improved the start issues by doing away with the "chips" to avoid the congestion at the boat launch ramp. Racers will be responsible for putting their assigned Registration number on both sides of their boat in 12" numbers minimum & must be visible. Use tape or shoe polish (like car lots). If the announcer &/or start boat can't see your assigned number clearly, you won't get credit for the run.

As most of you know, this is intended to be a FUN event, not a sanctioned event. We realize testosterone has gotten the best of some of the racers in the past who will go to great lengths to "game the system". To that end, we are making some minor modifications to the classes to enhance the chances of more racers getting trophies. I'll post the changes to the classes in the next few days, but be advised the FUN Class is, was & shall be reserved for "all other boats", not intended for performance boats. For that reason the FUN Class will now be restricted to a maximum of 140 HP AND if you win a trophy in the FUN Class, you will NOT be allowed to win a trophy in ANY other class, no exceptions. Having 300 HP boats in the FUN Class is not what we intended or will allow.

As you know, the popularity of this premium, fun event continues to grow. We hear there are more boats coming & we are potentially faced with limiting the number of registered boats to 80 or 90. We haven't done that yet (& won't this year), but please book your lodging early. Below is a list of lodging in the area that ranges in price & quality. We make no representation about lodging, just book early.

Three Lakes Area Motels & Cabins
    Triangle Motel, Three Lakes 715-546-2443
    Oneida Village, Three Lakes 715-546-3373
    Adams Cabins, Three Lakes 715-546-4443
    Bay Pines Cabins, Three Lakes 715-546-3096
    Birchwood Cabins, Three Lakes 715-546-3674
    Briard Lake Hideaway, Three Lakes 715-546-3110
    Mueller’s Cottages, Three Lakes 715-546-3688
    Rustic Acres, Three Lakes 715-546-2700 (x1204)
    Stone Lake Resort, Three Lakes 715-546-2901
    Harbor Campground, Three Lakes 715-546-3520
    Whispering Pines, Three Lakes 715-546-2124

Little Pine Motel, Hiles (9 miles S.) 888-541-4150

Eagle River Motels (12 miles N.)
    Best Western Derby Inn, Eagle River 715-479-1600
    Chanticleer Inn, Eagle River 715-479-4486
    Days Inn, Eagle River 715-479-5151
    Eagle River Inn, 715-479-2000
    Super 8, Eagle River 715-477-0888
    Traveler’s Inn, Eagle River 715-479-4403
    Hiawatha Lodge Inn, Eagle River 715-479-4442
    Edgewater Inn, Eagle River 715-479-4011

We hope to see the familiar faces & some new ones as well. If you have questions or concerns, please contact me at Info@ThreeLakesShootout.com. Given my travel schedule, that is a better choice than phone. Hope to see you all & as usual, thanks for your support! The town & the Fire Department really appreciate your support of this fundraiser.

ThreeLakesJim
    Shootout Chairman
    Info@ThreeLakesShootout.com
    Life is like dog sledding, unless you're the lead dog, the view is pretty much the same....

2. Thanks FlowMaxx thanked for this post
    Likes FlowMaxx liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait Jim

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have reservation's made for the Oneida Village!

T-bone
    T-BONE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Locked and loaded Jim.....
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Proud HydroStream Powertour Member

Current Ride - 2024 22 Liberator - 450R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Great times in 3 lakes. Jim and company do a great job putting on a great event. Here are a few from last year:

In reference to the Hydrostream Power Tour:

Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    This is seriously one of the best threads on this site ever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

In reference to the Hydrostream Power Tour:

Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    This is seriously one of the best threads on this site ever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait, reservations already made
    16' Inland TigerShark Flatbottom/
    1978 Merc1400withXS Mid
    coming soon: 2.4 220 Lazer EFI/Marty Powell 15"mid
    - - -
    1988 Weeres 24ft pontoon/30hp Evinrude party barge
    - - -
    1991 STV Pro Comp/Mercury 1996 2.5 260

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait to not run my 2700 lb checkmate with a 300xs in fun class. I will let Jeff and a few others know that our 21 ft Checkmates with aft cabins can't run that class no more. Jim ! Are you going to have a separate class for these boats now? Thanks Rich L. Just asking
    Last edited by the Shocker; 05-12-2015 at 02:59 PM. Reason: i was just wondering. not making a big deal as some are thinking or do think!
    95 Allison XR2001
    00 Regal 2660 t/ 4.3
    02 quicksilver 15 merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be great to catch up with everyone. I'm getting anxious to get back into a performance boat again.
    Chet Olson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2015 Three Lakes Shootout Boat Classes

Here are the revised classes for the 2015 Shootout. Let me repeat, as an event intended to be fun & keep folks who appreciate a day on the water making waves & noise with a fair shot at a trophy coming back to enjoy our all volunteer event, we have made some minor changes to our classes. We reserve the right to evaluate whether any boat is registered in the proper class & will have a race official at the registration desk to answer any questions and provide guidance. The reason, BTW, we don't pre-register by mail is that we need a "wet signature" that has been witnessed by our staff, especially on the limitation of liability & medical forms. If we simply took them by mail, we could not prove the adult driver actually signed the required documents.

2015 Classes
    Classic Racer·Single outboard engine
    · V-4 / In-line 6 cylinders
    · No interior requirements

Vintage V-6 Lake Racer
    · Single stock outboard engine
    · OMC 2.4 / 2.6 or Merc 2.0 / 2.4
    · Minimum 4 seats
    · Fully upholstered interior

Vintage
    V-6 Modified Lake Racer
    · Single outboard engine
    · No seating requirement
    · No upholstery requirement

Lake Racer
    · Minimum 4 seats

Modified Lake Racer
    · Single outboard engine
    · Minimum 2 seats

Jet Racer
    · Any water jet propulsion
    · Does not include PWC’s

Enviro “Green” Racer
    · Single outboard engine
    · E-Tec / Opti-Max / V-Max
    · No seating requirement

Pro Racer
    · Single outboard engine
    · Any single seat boat

V-Drive Racer
    · Any V-drive boat

Unlimited Racer
    · Anything goes (may be power enhanced)
    · multiple engines
    · nitrous/blower/turbo

Fun Class
    · Life jacket required, but no kill switch or helmet required.
    · PWC’s, Woodies, ski boats, vintage boats (over 25 yrs old), anything not in another class.
    · No engine over 140 HP.
    · This Class is NOT intended for performance boats.
    · If you win a trophy in Fun Class, you CANNOT win a trophy in ANY OTHER CLASS in that boat, NO EXCEPTIONS.

ThreeLakesJim, Event Chairman
    Life is like dog sledding, unless you're the lead dog, the view is pretty much the same....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And none of what you just listed is considered "performance" boating as we define it. Sure some go fast, but they aren't akin to the race-type boats that dominate the outing. Reserving ONE CLASS for "all others" is not exactly taking something away from the bulk of the participants. There are plenty of classes, but the Fun Class was NEVER intended for anything other than an "all other" type entrant.

ThreeLakesJim

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    300 Hp jet ski with turbo! Lol.... Not a performance. It's cool! Do what you need to do. I was looking at some people I know with 24 ft Baja style boats. That are showing up.There a performance boat too. But don't fit in any other classes like me and Jeff K. Another Jeff and me! Again just wondering ! Not making a big stink out of it as people(Bill) is thinking!
    Last edited by the Shocker; 05-12-2015 at 03:00 PM.
    95 Allison XR2001
    00 Regal 2660 t/ 4.3
    02 quicksilver 15 merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeLakesJim View Post
    2015 Three Lakes Shootout Boat Classes

Here are the revised classes for the 2015 Shootout. Let me repeat, as an event intended to be fun & keep folks who appreciate a day on the water making waves & noise with a fair shot at a trophy coming back to enjoy our all volunteer event, we have made some minor changes to our classes. We reserve the right to evaluate whether any boat is registered in the proper class & will have a race official at the registration desk to answer any questions and provide guidance. The reason, BTW, we don't pre-register by mail is that we need a "wet signature" that has been witnessed by our staff, especially on the limitation of liability & medical forms. If we simply took them by mail, we could not prove the adult driver actually signed the required documents.

2015 Classes
    Classic Racer·Single outboard engine
    · V-4 / In-line 6 cylinders
    · No interior requirements

Vintage V-6 Lake Racer
    · Minimum 4 seats

Vintage
    V-6 Modified Lake Racer
    · Single outboard engine
    · No seating requirement

Lake Racer
    · Minimum 4 seats

Modified Lake Racer
    · Single outboard engine
    · Minimum 2 seats

Jet Racer
    · Any water jet propulsion
    · Does not include PWC’s

Enviro “Green” Racer
    · Single outboard engine
    · E-Tec / Opti-Max / V-Max
    · No seating requirement

Pro Racer
    · Single outboard engine
    · Any single seat boat

V-Drive Racer
    · Any V-drive boat

Unlimited Racer
    · Anything goes (may be power enhanced)
    · multiple engines
    · nitrous/blower/turbo

Fun Class
    · Life jacket required, but no kill switch or helmet required.
    · PWC’s, Woodies, ski boats, vintage boats (over 25 yrs old), anything not in another class.
    · No engine over 140 HP.
    · This Class is NOT intended for performance boats.
    · If you win a trophy in Fun Class, you CANNOT win a trophy in ANY OTHER CLASS in that boat, NO EXCEPTIONS.

ThreeLakesJim, Event Chairman
    Jim ,
    I 100% agree some of these classes needed to be tightened up. But to make what I see as some pretty major changes to classes 6-7 weeks before the race is really going to kind of short notice. Now if this was posted 6-7 months ago I would see it as a none issue but a lot of us have been working/building on our boats all winter to and see these types of changes now is frustrating.
    I will still be there because you guys are great and run a great event but boy o boy I got a lot more work to do lol.
    Maybe I'm not looking in the right place on the Shoot Out website but can you update last years results or point me in the right direction.
    Thank You Jerry Leonard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.....The rules last year were fine IMO.....I didn't hear one complaint. Fun class is now restricted to 140 hp but there is already a class for the V4's/Inline 6's.....Please don't be like Blarney Island and screw up a good thing to cater to a few idiots....
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Proud HydroStream Powertour Member

Current Ride - 2024 22 Liberator - 450R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will elaborate one more time. FUN CLASS was put in for the chance for a local dad or kid to have a shot at a trophy. It was never intended for anything but that, certainly not performance boats. If anyone is getting their nose out of joint because we would like some of the families (the same families that make up the unpaid 75 volunteers by the way) to also have some fun & their only chance to perhaps get a trophy, then those that are complaining just don't get it. We are all volunteers here with one & two jobs. We don't sit around waiting for Shootout to arrive annually, this takes a lot of time, energy & work. I personally really resent this now becoming some kind of politicized affair, contrary to what it has been all about. If someone/anyone is so upset that they now might not get a trophy from this local fundraiser, then they have a problem. We don't. It is this kind of stress, carping & nonsense that ultimately ruins fun events & sours the very people trying to make it fun & keep it organized.

The issue of the four seats in the Lake Racer class is our attempt to split out & spread out some of the true racing rigs from non-racing rigs. It is going to affect some people & to that end one can NEVER please EVERYONE. We are simply trying to make some minor changes with the intent of spreading more trophies around to more people. I'm not trying to be anything but honest with everyone & I simply have to say that if anyone is truly offended by our attempts at increased equity, then don't come. Having 65 boats instead of 80 will still be OK for this little town & event & certainly easier for the 5 guys who have organized it & always tried to be fair.

I realize some of you think winning is the only thing & that's OK, but not everyone is of the same mindset. I keep coming back to why we have always tried to make this all-volunteer event fun & not political without all the competition getting people lathered up. I hope those of you that seem so invested in these issues will take 10 seconds & try to view it from our vantage point just to try to understand. If you can't, OK. Let's agree to disagree, but at least you have a rational description of why we're doing this. Also rest assured that the decision to make these changes ONLY came from the 5 of us that keep this event going; and the YOUNGEST of the 5 happens to be 60 years old. Bluntly we really don't need much more hassle for this to become problematic. We're doing our very best guys & if it isn't good enough, then you have a decision to make. Thanks for your time & we hope to see anyone up here in 6 weeks that wants to participate in a fundraising event for our small town & our all volunteer fire department.

JIM

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast