Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post 23 concept with df250 suzuki. Prop help.

I'm in a bit of a bind. I recently rebuilt a 23 concept i had sitting for some time. My old man gave me a suzuki df250 outboard which is what I put on the boat. It is mounted on a bracket, on the highest holes possible. Now my problem is the prop. I bought a 23 mirage plus from mike down her in the keys but I'm not getting the numbers I know this boy can do. I have no bow lift and I feel the prop slipping as I trip past 5400 rpm. Best I've gotten with this prop is 5900 rpm and only 49 mph. And the bow lift is very minimal. Any advise would help. I was told to lower the motor to the middle holes to see if I saw a differece, and that these boats need a prop with a little more bow lift. I think it's worth a shot but curious to see what feedback i get. Any help would be great appreciated. Thanks. Also Mike can have the prop worked for me but I know those motors like big diameter props. So not sure if I should waste the money to work the prop or try a different design with more now lift

Merritt Island,Fl. Sunshine Syndicate Country!!!!
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetdreamsfishing View Post
    I'm in a bit of a bind. I recently rebuilt a 23 concept i had sitting for some time. My old man gave me a suzuki df250 outboard which is what I put on the boat. It is mounted on a bracket, on the highest holes possible. Now my problem is the prop. I bought a 23 mirage plus from mike down her in the keys but I'm not getting the numbers I know this boy can do. I have no bow lift and I feel the prop slipping as I trip past 5400 rpm. Best I've gotten with this prop is 5900 rpm and only 49 mph. And the bow lift is very minimal. Any advise would help. I was told to lower the motor to the middle holes to see if I saw a differece, and that these boats need a prop with a little more bow lift. I think it's worth a shot but curious to see what feedback i get. Any help would be great appreciated. Thanks. Also Mike can have the prop worked for me but I know those motors like big diameter props. So not sure if I should waste the money to work the prop or try a different design with more now lift
    Your not going to get much/any bow lift with the 23 concept. I had one and I tried multiple props. They have a "hook" in the bottom that just keeps the bow down so bad!
    Bobby Pazos- Member Of The
    BULL-FROG EYES DRAG RACE TEAM
    Fellow-G-Man,
    Sunshine Syndicate

2006 23' Action Marine 300 HP V8
    2001 19' Action Marine White Power
    1998 23' Concept CC (sold)
    1999 17' Action Marine (sold)
    1996 STV River Rocket (sold)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea Ive heard a lot about the hook, not really looking to see 60's or anything like that but 49mph is a bit sluggish. With my old Evinrude 225 the boat was running 52-53 and I was running a ballistic prop which was on the boat when I bought it. I'm going to put it up on the dock this afternoon and lower the motor a bit see if I can get more bite

Merritt Island,Fl. Sunshine Syndicate Country!!!!
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had a 225 omc on mine. I think 54 was the best I ever saw. I ran a 21 mirage I believe.
    Bobby Pazos- Member Of The
    BULL-FROG EYES DRAG RACE TEAM
    Fellow-G-Man,
    Sunshine Syndicate

2006 23' Action Marine 300 HP V8
    2001 19' Action Marine White Power
    1998 23' Concept CC (sold)
    1999 17' Action Marine (sold)
    1996 STV River Rocket (sold)