Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1949/1950 Johnson QD-10 what is it worth?

I have a QD-10 Johnson outboard that I am going to sell. I have no idea ab out these motors and what they are worth. I think that this one is in incredible condition for its age. It seems to have never been taken apart, looks like it is missing nothing. the only damage I can see is a slight crack in the cowl and one of the handles for the hold down bolts is broken near the top where the hole is. I got 60 psi on both cylinders with one good hard pull. it was sparking back when i got it a couple of years ago, but I do not see spark anymore. I am not looking to get rich off of this thing but I do not want to give it away either. a real world $$ value would be appreciated as well as any pertinent info that would help me sale it. thanks in advance. here is a link to some pics. http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AcM3DFo1ZtWzpw
    . Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150406_164008.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	385.8 KB 
ID:	317636

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between $15 and $200 depending on condition. From what you have said The old outboard book says it is worth $110 but with the cracks a little less.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so $100 bucks sound about right? I thought it might be worth more because it is in better condition that most motors I see 30 years newer do not look as good as this one. thanks for the help

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    these motors you used to be able to sell them for $ 250 to 300 few years back but now they took a slide ,
    I used to do quite a few ,coils , water pump ,head gaskets, lower unit seals etc you can put in some $$ and still turn a buck ,last 2 I parted out
    just to break even so I don't do them anymore not saying they wont come around .just remember if you have the pressure tank
    the fuel fitting alone will bring almost $50.00 so that is still warm. a complete working tank if nice almost 100
    if yours has no spark and probably needs water pump , lower seals ,coils ,condensers you can drop $ 125 in parts ,most need a new head gasket $ 20.00 or they will not run
    and carb can be clogged ,if you don't get it cleaned it wont run .depends how you want to see it thru .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can post it in the free classifieds for the Antique Outboard Club www.aomci.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seahorse View Post
    You can post it in the free classifieds for the Antique Outboard Club www.aomci.org
    Thanks Seahorse, I just talked to Olboatman (Gary). He said to do the same. I just got it posted there.. thanks a bunch guys. this is a really helpful forum.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eli View Post
    these motors you used to be able to sell them for $ 250 to 300 few years back but now they took a slide ,
    I used to do quite a few ,coils , water pump ,head gaskets, lower unit seals etc you can put in some $$ and still turn a buck ,last 2 I parted out
    just to break even so I don't do them anymore not saying they wont come around .just remember if you have the pressure tank
    the fuel fitting alone will bring almost $50.00 so that is still warm. a complete working tank if nice almost 100
    if yours has no spark and probably needs water pump , lower seals ,coils ,condensers you can drop $ 125 in parts ,most need a new head gasket $ 20.00 or they will not run
    and carb can be clogged ,if you don't get it cleaned it wont run .depends how you want to see it thru .
    I would rather just sell it like it is. I got too many other projects. I have been in the selling mood lately, I had some old trucks and other boat stuff, I been selling 2 or 3 things a week lately.
    I just sold this mustang a couple of weeks ago.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgPDVNSWOLA
    Last edited by Sparkieboat; 04-06-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good way to sell with a burn out love it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eli View Post
    good way to sell with a burn out love it
    I told my daughter that the car would sell fast with that video.. it did.. LOL