Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredible. Looks like you can drive that puppy with your knee and do whatever else with the other appendages. That crap in the water could hurt. "HEY. Let's be careful out there."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmg8...yer_detailpage

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    Wow awesome run!!! your going to need a bigger speedo!!haha. I saw a couple hundred rpm go down before the 120 left the mark!!
    I saw the same thing. Congrats on a great setup Dale.

Dave
    1980 Cougar 19 tunnel,90 2.4L Bridgeport EFI in middle of restoration.
    1988 BAJA Sunsport 186, 96 225 Pro Max
    79 12' Auminum, 95 Merc 9.9
    RIP Stu
    "So many idiots, so few bullets"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very cool, what was the best it ever ran with the 280s?

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great pass. does this mean you have a pair of old props for sale? I am running 14 1/2 32 pro et 4 blades now. I bought a pair of bravo 1 34p props. ( I think they may have been yours ) I cannot turn the bravos past 5800 rpm. I think I want 15x34 3 blade props. and Rayzor I doubt that your done at 120. I told myself if I could run 100 or better all the time even when loaded for the day. that I would be done looking for speed. now I think 110 is going to be my milestone to say that's fast enough.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone.........and to answer some of the questions, the motors are internally stock with stock compression running on crappy 91 octane California fuel that's blended with ethanol. I sure wish we had 93 octane with no ethanol like I hear of back East! Yes, it drives like a dream with the Steve Zieger steering system which utilizes a Capilano helm. I'm not certain how fast it was with the Diamond 280s, as I never had it out with the 3 blades on it to run it for a best #. The best I saw was 114 on a 90 degree day with my girlfriend and I in the boat with half tanks of fuel and 32" pitch Blasters on it. I'm guessing it would have run 120-122 best with the 280s - they were dyno'ed at 330 each. No spare props to sell, as I'm keeping the 15 1/2" x 34" Merc 4 blade cleavers I bought from Robert Loeffler for spares. And like I posted earlier, until somebody with an XS powered 28 goes faster - I'm not chasing any bigger speeds with it. When I want to go real fast, I just jump in my 30.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rayzor its time for a new speedometer !!! Very Nice, now bring that thing down to Florida, we've got non ethanol 93 !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Davemvegas, great to see you back on the boards. How is it going?

Rayzor, I have been wanting to upgrade my 300xs' but they are so damned user friendly stock. Just not fast enough.
    did the tuner and lightened fly wheel add much to your numbers. I can't afford the 15" mids, but they are sweet. Are you still running stock water pickup's. I would like to do a DBR level 1.1 or 1.2, if the reliability is there.

I am seeing just over 6000 rpm with 14 7/8" x 34 worked Bravo 1's. I also have 15 x 34 3 blade Mercury Cleavers, but there seems to be more vibration with those on this boat, 2013 Daytona 22'

Quote Originally Posted by davemvegas View Post
    great pass. does this mean you have a pair of old props for sale? I am running 14 1/2 32 pro et 4 blades now. I bought a pair of bravo 1 34p props. ( I think they may have been yours ) I cannot turn the bravos past 5800 rpm. I think I want 15x34 3 blade props. and Rayzor I doubt that your done at 120. I told myself if I could run 100 or better all the time even when loaded for the day. that I would be done looking for speed. now I think 110 is going to be my milestone to say that's fast enough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finished Daytona 4.jpg   Finished Daytona 1.jpg  
    Last edited by jpf091959; 03-23-2015 at 05:45 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
    ... And like I posted earlier, until somebody with an XS powered 28 goes faster - I'm not chasing any bigger speeds with it. When I want to go real fast, I just jump in my 30.
    If you're ever tired of being you, I would gladly fill in. In my sleep, I don't even dream my life is this cool. Nicest rides on this forum, hands down, congrats on the #'s.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats!!!!! Nice numbers!!! I have been wanting to get a pair of Dewald props for a few years.. I just don't have the $$$.. I just bought a new set of props and want to see what the boat runs with these 15 X 33 three blade cleavers.. If i'm not happy i'm going to try to keep saving for a set of Dewalds.
    I didn't even know DBR had a 1.3 kit available.. did you see a difference between the level 1 or 1.2 to the 1.3.. My boat didn't really perform any different when i did the level 1 kit. My motors are stock with the level 1 remap alien cowlings and velocity stacks.

24' SKATER Twin 15" DBR 300xs w/Carbon Fiber Aliens
    21' RALLY SPORT 300 MERC (sold)
    15' SS Whaler 75 Yamaha (sold)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the positive comments guys, it's been a fun 9 months since first getting it back on the water with the 3.2s last June. I can't honestly say what the gains over stock have been, as my motors had all the DBR mods before it even hit the water. I can tell you that it seems just as strong and fast as it was with the Diamond 2.5s (330 hp) that were on it. My numbers are also about dead-on to what a similarly rigged 28 runs with a set of 300Xs on it (also 330 hp). As for my water pickups, I am getting water through the stock gearcase pickups (no external transom pickups), and the gearcases themselves are stock (no "shaping" or blueprinting). I'm running the propshafts right around 2" above the bottom, and I honestly can't tell you the exact measurement because I've had to make fine-tuning adjustments down at my dock to keep good water to the motors (yes, I went too high at one point). You can see the water pressure gauges in the video - they're the gauges just to the left of the tach, placed one above the other. My starboard motor was pegging the gauge (35 psi) at times and the port motor was up around 25 psi, so I'm not too high on the gearcases. As for the Dewalds, they're hand's-down the best props I've ever run on a 28. The slowest set of Dewalds I've had on the back have been faster than the labbed 15 1/2" x 34" Merc 4 blades I have.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some pics of the motors.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpeg   2.jpeg   5.jpeg   IMG_0573.JPG   IMG_0574.JPG  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last pic in this series is my buddy Rick Bowling driving it up at his place on Lake Tahoe. To my surprise, we got 100 mph out of it at 6,800' elevation! The best Rick has seen with his 28 up there is 93 mph (stock XSs with blueprinted gearcases).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo 1.JPG   S2.JPG   SS.jpg   SSS.PNG   IMG_1525.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
    Some pics of the motors.......
    They look bad ass.. We're you able to buy the 300X externals new to build your motors? Most likely I'll be going with Dewalds in the next 6 months or so hopefully..

24' SKATER Twin 15" DBR 300xs w/Carbon Fiber Aliens
    21' RALLY SPORT 300 MERC (sold)
    15' SS Whaler 75 Yamaha (sold)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rayzor, looks like you added a small cone filter and hose to the air intake of the air compressor. Great idea! Also, what is that cylindrical/filter looking thing on the lower left hand side below the intake plenum?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast