User Tag List

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Eagle one cowls

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raceman View Post
    You make some very good points including the ones in your post that I didn't include in the quote. I think one of the biggest problems in all this is that these Vendor arrangements were originally set up with a lack of foresight that there would be some that wouldn't deal ethically or ideally with the members. After that reality became apparent we had a somewhat naive idea that if somebody didn't do right we could just boot 'em and I could list probably a half dozen Vendors that I booted myself including the dirtball (in my opinion) who screwed members here then came at the website and 4 or 5 individual members with his attorney. I had a meeting with my own company attorneys about another issue and asked for an opinion and the short version I got back was: There's a slippery slope on restriction of commerce. Also, once a business has paid for advertising in a given venue there can be an argument that he has invested in "branding", meaning an expectation that advertising dollars might not be a good investment initially, but long time repetition will make them effective. Taking the money in the short term and declining and refusing it later can therefore theoretically create damages. He went on to say that you can have all kinds of restrictions and requirements in place if you do them on the front side, but they're very difficult to back in to to address problems later.
    When does a vendor "re-new" his vendor status.... why can't the vendor be denied renewal?
    so if the vendor is permitted to advertise once ....he is in forever?
    ????????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Volume of Good by far out weigh the bad. Its just that the good rarely gets published unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by propmanjay View Post
    What a shame, seems like 3 strikes you should be out period. A lot of people are worried about buying things here do to the volume of bad sales.
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that explanation Raceman. As internet sales increase so do the laws that {Protect} even the unscrupulous unfortunately. Perhaps a stronger Disclaimer is needed for purchasers? But in the end I see how its hard for a public forum to have a legal means and jurisdiction over individuals purchasing complaints. It becomes an outside issue and if there's any complaints for the most part should be dealt with personally with the Vendor in question threw the system in place to deal with such matters.. Im sure Judge Judy would give some an earful on good purchasing {and} Selling practices.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    Thanks for that explanation Raceman.
    Yep +1. Somehow knew there was more to it than just being able to boot a vendor or this would've been settled a while back.
    You never know what your faith is, until your faith has been truly tested.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    host the web site overseas and give 2 fingers to US lawyers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HStream1 View Post
    The Volume of Good by far out weigh the bad. Its just that the good rarely gets published unfortunately.
    Quick and to the point Bud.
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raceman View Post
    You make some very good points including the ones in your post that I didn't include in the quote. I think one of the biggest problems in all this is that these Vendor arrangements were originally set up with a lack of foresight that there would be some that wouldn't deal ethically or ideally with the members. After that reality became apparent we had a somewhat naive idea that if somebody didn't do right we could just boot 'em and I could list probably a half dozen Vendors that I booted myself including the dirtball (in my opinion) who screwed members here then came at the website and 4 or 5 individual members with his attorney. I had a meeting with my own company attorneys about another issue and asked for an opinion and the short version I got back was: There's a slippery slope on restriction of commerce. Also, once a business has paid for advertising in a given venue there can be an argument that he has invested in "branding", meaning an expectation that advertising dollars might not be a good investment initially, but long time repetition will make them effective. Taking the money in the short term and declining and refusing it later can therefore theoretically create damages. He went on to say that you can have all kinds of restrictions and requirements in place if you do them on the front side, but they're very difficult to back in to to address problems later.
    Isnt the defense of this "your actions are putting this web site in disrepute for all the others that have invested"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats is a very interesting statement from someone that apparently hasn't invested a dime into this site.

Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    Isnt the defense of this "your actions are putting this web site in disrepute for all the others that have invested"

Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The lawsuit that's going to hit this site and E1 when someone breaks one of his piece of **** midsections or nosecones at speed and kills themselves is going to make any "restriction of commerce" suits he would possibly file look like childs play. Stick your heads in the sand all you want, but eventually the chickens will come home to roost.
    > Stainless steel Merc cowling plates - $110 shipped TYD - LINK <

1979 16' Action Marine/2.5L Merc S3000 - Metalflake Maniac
    1984 18' Contender Tunnel/2.4 Merc Bridgeport

"Where does the love of God go, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HStream1 View Post
    Thats is a very interesting statement from someone that apparently hasn't invested a dime into this site.

[/COLOR]
    I'm sure everyone else got it,
    the investors are the other advertisers, using the logic that the complainant has used.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    The lawsuit that's going to hit this site and E1 when someone breaks one of his piece of **** midsections or nosecones at speed and kills themselves is going to make any "restriction of commerce" suits he would possibly file look like childs play. Stick your heads in the sand all you want, but eventually the chickens will come home to roost.
    You are 1WiseAction.
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donations is the way to go.
    Get rid of paid vendors.
    This will change the way you can handle the sight.
    When profits are involved every thing changes.
    How much is the gamble worth in the long run if you get tied up in litigation ?????
    Every thing has a price......................................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a rate our vendors section added to the forums and it can just be in polling form. Where we just vote on them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post

Very well said.
    2023 TUFF 25

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Something simple like a "sticky" at the front of the buy and sell and a few others would be a start.That could say something like "how to check out a vender". Just a way to coax the buyer into asking a question before dumping a pile of cash.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast