Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SOLAS props

Gidday guys

Anybody tried the SOLAS Titan HR3 or HR4 props? Supposedly they are the go fast social props from SOLAS in 3 and 4 blades respectively. Just wondering how they compare to a 3 blade Raker or 4 blade Shooter/Renegade/Cyclone. Only getting used on my social ski boat.

Regards to all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive used the Titan 4 in 17 , 19 and 21 pitch. They run great with great hole shot and top end. Too good of a top end. Not that thats a bad thing but the advertised pitch numbers should be taken with a grain of salt. Ive gone 75 MPH with a 21 pitch Titan 4 if that tells you anything. Call the 17 pitch a true 19 pitch . the 21 a 23 etc. and you'll be closer to the truth. For a ski and towing prop I think theyr'e as good as anything out there and a lot better than some that are supposed to be good props. Way better than Shooters or Renegades The alloy is somewhat soft though and if you run on a rocky bottom like I do they can get chewed up pretty fast.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 4 blade 21 for skiing, and it has been our most reliable prop for all around fun.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys.

MotoAce, how do you find the pitch, does your 21 run like a 23, as wired247 has experienced?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does seem a bit more in pitch than 21.
    Out three blade laser 24 runs very similar numbers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys.

Currently running an old V4 Shooter that had the hub modified to suit a V6 lower and is 13.5" x 21.5", so I reckon I'll try a Titan HR4 14.125" x 19". If they run like they are a bit higher pitch, it should be pretty close. Just figure it will run better all round as the Shooter would have to be a 20 year old design I am guessing. You running the standard hub or the Rubex hub? If the Rubex, how are they?

Regards to all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the standard hub ran better than the rubex. Don't know if the prop design is different but the standard hub ran better out of the hole. Iv'e owned 4 or 5 of the titans. Good props

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Wired.

What's your thoughts mate, given what I'm running now, and your experience with them running a bit higher in pitch, should I order a 19 or 20"?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Highest Titan pitch Iv'e run is 21. Behind a 260 it would easily go 65 MPH without even trimming up the slightest bit. With a LITTLE trim it was cruising 75 at 7500 or so flat on the water . Any more than that it was pretty much uncontrollable given the steering that was on that boat at the time. The prop got wiped out on the rocks like happens to many of my props. Ran a 19 pitch on the same boat with an inline 6 and it had a hard time planing out. Same prop on a 150 V6 was in the 60's. With a 140 Johnson and 17 pitch it was 54 MPH at 6000.

I'd say go with the 19 pitch for all around fun under 60 MPH. It will do everything you want and flat jerk you out of the hole.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 21 rubex hr4 was a eye opener. Grip, bite, ect. Just too heavly cupped for my 90. Lazer2 22 outruns it like crazy. I would say the cup is a easy +3 or more. Heck the reverse power is also awesome pulled a 20x20 duckblind off a sandbar in reverse.

Needs and uses. Mine changed

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need some advice. I’ve got a 20’ bay/flats hybrid (first bay boat. i’ve always had bass boats) that weighs 1100 lbs with a 140 Suzuki (2.38 gear ratio). With the Suzuki 24” prop I’m getting 50 mph with just myself or three people at WOT @ 6200. I just bought a hr Titan 3 in a 25 thinking I could get a little more speed and not loose too much hole shot; big mistake. It struggled bad and never made it past 5000 @ 41 mph. At this point I would be happy to keep my 50 mph with a 4 blade or if I could get a little more speed out of a 3 blade and not lose too much of my hole shot. What pitch would y’all recommend in the HR Titan 3 for my setup? I don’t think taking 2” out would help. Also, those props don’t have exhaust ports. What if I took 2” out and had it drilled? The prop is for sell by the way. It made a 15 minuet run and I pulled it. Also, I’m running a 10” atlas. Any help will be appreciated.