Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75hp - 90hp Etec differences

Hi all,
    This is my first post on here. I'm currently doing a custom 3 cylinder E-tec build, mounting the powerhead on a 12" mid with a nitro gear case. I picked up a very reasonably priced, blown up 75hp E-tec for the project. Because of the rev limiter and the fact that it's a 75 and not a 90, I've been thinking about going to a programmable ECU and an old school FI setup so everything will be adjustable and I won't have a rev limiter. IF it is possible for a reasonable cost to upgrade this to 90hp, I would like to try it in it's stock form before I go making a custom cylinder head and buying a programmable ECU and injectors and all that stuff. From what I understand, the only difference on these is the programming on the EMM. Can anyone tell me if this is true? Also, if that's the case, can anyone program this to be a 90hp or will I be required to buy an EMM off a 90? Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Eww, the BRP EMM is proprietary, meaning only BRP can program it. To my knowledge no one else can.
    When sending the EMM to BRP the model and serial numbers go with it. The EMM has the coefficients for each injector programmed in.
    IMHO you are better off with a different stock engine if your desire is to modify.

pointer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what we need is an aftermarket pack that can drive an etec injector

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointer View Post
    Eww, the BRP EMM is proprietary, meaning only BRP can program it. To my knowledge no one else can.
    When sending the EMM to BRP the model and serial numbers go with it. The EMM has the coefficients for each injector programmed in.
    IMHO you are better off with a different stock engine if your desire is to modify.

pointer
    This is the powerhead that is going on. Whether it's going to be a stock 90 powerhead or a Frankenstein Etec powerhead is a different story. Sounds like it's going to be a Frankenstein.