Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ditch long tuner,topend gain?

Xb2003, 26hoss hpd 150 coned torquemaster with reeds,cut heads and maybe some porting done runs 79 with me,1/4 tank,fishing gear,tm,3 batteries and a 75lb talon on the jackplate and has strong mid but wondering what I might gain solely on swapping the long 150 tuner for a shorty in topend and how much could the swap hurt my bottom end?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either a Bob's tuner or a stock 200 tuner will give you some top end potential The long tuner is for low end torque. You likely won't notice a big loss of low end UNLESS you have a very heavy boat.
    www.eagleoneperformance.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No disrespect intended, but, the thought that a long constant diameter tuner is good for bottom end is a load of crap. They actually limit hp.
    The Bobs or a stock 2.4, 200, pn41942T will work a lot better bottom to top...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx guys im just trying to get an idea of what i may gain before i do it, 1 mph I wont bother but 3-4mph im getting out the wrenches

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    26hoss hpd? This mean HyperDrive? If so ya might wanna do some prop testin' on that thing. They were always justa mediocre prop for me on tha 03.......Might find more there than tha tuner change.........jmo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tlwjkw View Post
    26hoss hpd? This mean HyperDrive? If so ya might wanna do some prop testin' on that thing. They were always justa mediocre prop for me on tha 03.......Might find more there than tha tuner change.........jmo
    Thx I agree, the hyp seems to slip alot, I have a 24 chopper that runs the same topend loaded as the hoss, I have been thinking or trying another prop to improve my holeshot but never considered it might run out better up top, I run a center steer stern heavy any recomendations?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How high? rpm 26 triton, 24 chopper? Big ear? Best it ran with a pretty salty 2 ta one one fiddy (2.0) on it was 23 A45 original, slightly tweaked trophy, 1" below with BassPro shop in it. ............ Best it ran lite was 14.5 X 24 one of a kind cut by Ricky Buggs (rip buddy) old, old Ron Hil chopper. But with tha little horsepower stuff ya just gotta 'xperiment some. More so than with stem windin' big horse power motors..... jmo
    Last edited by tlwjkw; 10-15-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya I read the hpd's dont run well with small power, mine runs great but based on a slip cal. its slipping about 17% at 4000 and 6800 and thats not over trimmed at all either.Id like to try a 4 blade over hub and see how it runs, be nice to have something with efficent mid range since gas isnt free.I have not really run the 24 much as I got the boat last fall but ran the hoss all summer