Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prop comparison

For an STV Euro cruising prop, I want some input on wether to go with a Mazco 3 or 4 blade in a 30p(re3,re4) or Performance Propeller drag prop? The Mazco is about $200 more, I need the flo torque hub. Thanks for any help.. Im running a 280 Merc .

T-bone
    T-BONE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am a dealer for Performance Propeller and just letting you know that right now you cant buy a drag4. The company is switching foundries and they are out of stock until set up with the new foundry. If you want a drag 4 you would have to find a used one. Probably a great choice for that hull though. If you put your boat in the thread title you might get more accurate response.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mazco will likely carry weight better then the PPdrag. Both great options as well as an ET.
    Im running a 29 RE3 noa and considering buying a 26 PP ET or drag as a second prop.
    Allison XB02, 22ft Tritoon 225 4 stroke, two seadoo sparks

Past rides 2001 STV EURO, Allison Grandsport, STV RiverRocket, STV Euro, STV ProComp, Hydrostream V-King
    RIP RPM RACING
    RIP GTS1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drag4,s are awesome and so are the drag3,s Two of my favorites. No Tunnel hear but heard lots of guys love them both over the years on the board on STV,s. Just as a side note all the 28 drag4,s Ive had though smooth and quick never came close to the top end of the 28 Darg3 that had just as much lift pretty much and quickness also. Just alot faster up top same smooth balanced feel as the Drag4. I would say the Drags are a little more robust than the Mazco also. Not saying I didnt like the Mazcos before but the Darg3 has been my keeper. Like an ET but a little more blade area ,more like the extinct Hydromotive T3X.