This is a very restorable and complete Baja 16T fiberglass race tunnel boat (complete meaning it has the tail cowl and also the original Baja cockpit seat included). It will almost certainly need a full restoration, meaning transom/stringers/core/bodywork and paint. But it is all there, and all waiting for a loving new owner and home. This one has the deck relief slots to help prevent blowovers. Popular engines include the Merc inline 6s of all types--stock 15" shaft consumer engines and of course the racing versions Twister, Twister II and II-x models--and OMC crossflow V4s, thought the stock consumer 20" engines would be too tall.

This boat is currently sitting at Precision Aero Marine in Plymouth, Massachusetts (www.precisionaero-marine.com). It does not have a trailer. The owner at Precision, Glenn Taylor, is a very good friend and a top-notch Mercury Racing dealer who really knows his stuff, and will make anyone interested a very fair deal on this project boat. My interest in this is that I gave Glenn a $200 deposit on this boat a year or so ago, but I have moved South and going to get it is not in the cards for me at this time. As a bonus to prospective new buyers, I would donate my $200 deposit on this hull to anyone who will restore it and run it with us in APBA Vintage & Historic events. For those interested, Glenn also has an expertly restored Merc 1500xs engine he would sell with the boat, or separately.

For more details contact me directly (518/469-3700) or call Glenn Taylor at 10 Aero Park Dr, Plymouth, MA 02360
<nobr>(508) 747-6372.

John Tiger
jtigerjr@hotmail.com</nobr> Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baja tunnel 04-29-12.jpg 
Views:	1205 
Size:	146.5 KB 
ID:	306990